Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Bar fight avoided

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I hope as our team enjoys success, Saints fans show more class than some of the other professional sports franchise fan bases have shown......

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #21
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,508
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Bar fight avoided

I hope as our team enjoys success, Saints fans show more class than some of the other professional sports franchise fan bases have shown...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #22
Prediction Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,082
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Bar fight avoided

What gives, jeanpierre? You just going to steal my avy?
WhoDat205 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #23
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,508
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by WhoDat205 View Post
What gives, jeanpierre? You just going to steal my avy?
Just hadn't posted in a while, but I'll submit this one for ya...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #24
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 5,485
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
I hope as our team enjoys success, Saints fans show more class than some of the other professional sports franchise fan bases have shown...
I second this thought. I can sit up in the Terrace, and roar for my team, without being a jerk to visiting fans, come a way a winner, and have more fun. Those visiting fans are spending money, helping ensure the survival of my favorite city, and hopefully I can visit their stadium & not get snowballed. I want them to visit Lousiana, and have a great time, except that their team loses, and next year, when they're budgeting road games, we're #1 on their itinerary. Also, I like the way fans
in other cities not in our division seem to like us. I'd like to keep it that way.

"But they do it to us" is a sorry excuse. Ever notice how every city's fans are extra motivated when their team plays Philly or the Raiders? I'll bet if you asked their players, they would say, "We like all the yelling and rowdiness, but wish our fans would reel in the over-the-line behavior."

If we play the Bears in the playoffs, I'm not gonna abuse their fans, but I
might wear some styrofoam "yellow snowballs" just to make a statement about their fans behavior.

Lets be winners in every way.
skymike is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,129
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Its called Smooth's. Its a great place especially for the early games they have a breakfast menu!!! The Manager hooks us up at the bar with one of the TV's there. One guy cheers for all USC players so by default a Saints fan now. Another one will be trying out this off season for the Raiders as a DB. You'll fall in love with the 2 hot chicks that started showing up wearing Archie's throw back jersey.

There is a Hooters 3 doors down but I find this place far more better for watching the games.
I used to hit Pine St. all the time. There's a good, cheap taco place across from the Hooter's (used to eat lunch there a lot). Don't know if Aladdin's is still there but they have good eats and hooka. If you guys haven't been to Isaac's Cafe on Fries Ave. in Wilmington (about 5 min from Pine St. on Aneheim) you MUST get a Carne Asada or Jones Burrito from him...best food in all of L.A.
Papa Voodoo is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
I second this thought. I can sit up in the Terrace, and roar for my team, without being a jerk to visiting fans, come a way a winner, and have more fun. Those visiting fans are spending money, helping ensure the survival of my favorite city, and hopefully I can visit their stadium & not get snowballed. I want them to visit Lousiana, and have a great time, except that their team loses, and next year, when they're budgeting road games, we're #1 on their itinerary. Also, I like the way fans
in other cities not in our division seem to like us. I'd like to keep it that way.

"But they do it to us" is a sorry excuse. Ever notice how every city's fans are extra motivated when their team plays Philly or the Raiders? I'll bet if you asked their players, they would say, "We like all the yelling and rowdiness, but wish our fans would reel in the over-the-line behavior."

If we play the Bears in the playoffs, I'm not gonna abuse their fans, but I
might wear some styrofoam "yellow snowballs" just to make a statement about their fans behavior.

Lets be winners in every way.
Boom. High five dude... I feel the same way. You know what, when people see 'New Orleans' on their team's schedule, they circle it. They call their buddies and plan a trip, they talk it up all year, they drink, they eat and they party. Me, personally, I'm happy to see other teams' fans in NO, bc they are contributing to the preservation of one fine city!

As a matter of fact, last week I hugged a Giants fan (and his hot wife) and gave them a few local spots to enjoy. I handed them a card and said "call me if you need anything"... Now that's New Orleans!

saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #27
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Bar fight avoided

I got way too drunk on Sunday. After watching the first half, me and Tony just started downing pitchers. But, in our drunken stupor, we both decided to stick to our guns, and not give up the game. Thank God we didn't, because honestly, this was the best game I've seen the Saints play all year.

Now I do owe an apology to a bartender, and a customer there, as after WAY more beer, we started making fun of soccer. I hate soccer, but I had no right to upset the people that like it. So, I will be apologizing bigtime on Monday night.

What's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular.....
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #28
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,406
Re: Bar fight avoided

Went to the game, on the way in there was this jerk of a Dolphins fan who yelled "Katrina is coming, second edition" I didn't even bother to respond. Happened to meet the same guy on the way back to our car and I told him "So that was Katrina 2 you classless piece of s***". He recognized me but did the smart thing and kept his mouth shut.
Crusader is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #29
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 3,237
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Went to the game, on the way in there was this jerk of a Dolphins fan who yelled "Katrina is coming, second edition" I didn't even bother to respond. Happened to meet the same guy on the way back to our car and I told him "So that was Katrina 2 you classless piece of s***". He recognized me but did the smart thing and kept his mouth shut.
Hahhahaha, awesome dude. You should of kicked him in the nuts. lol
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #30
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,723
Re: Bar fight avoided

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Went to the game, on the way in there was this jerk of a Dolphins fan who yelled "Katrina is coming, second edition" I didn't even bother to respond. Happened to meet the same guy on the way back to our car and I told him "So that was Katrina 2 you classless piece of s***". He recognized me but did the smart thing and kept his mouth shut.
Thats great. lol love it. and yes, you should have kicked him in the nuts!
Ashley is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts