Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints fan in the world series of poker

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Have ya'll seen this yet. He is actually from up north but said he started pulling for the Saints in the 80's because they were underdogs. Im sure he's proud of our boys this year....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 3,237
Blog Entries: 1
Saints fan in the world series of poker

Have ya'll seen this yet. He is actually from up north but said he started pulling for the Saints in the 80's because they were underdogs. Im sure he's proud of our boys this year.
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,733
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Watching it right now on ESPN
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,465
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Yeah, I've been watching this guy. He was the chip leader for a while, but he's fallen back a bit.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,888
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

You guys should chip in and send me to the WSOP. I will win and give Halo all the money to dedicate to this site and the biggest tail-gate party NO has ever seen.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,733
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

...I'd rather watch paint dry that watch people playing poker.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,888
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
...I'd rather watch paint dry that watch people playing poker.
I agree with the watching part...but playing is a whole different story...at least for me. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest...and I wonder if everybody at the table can hear it...lol.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,372
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

What did you say his name was?
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,590
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
What did you say his name was?
Poker Saint??!!??
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 AM   #9
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,465
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I agree with the watching part...but playing is a whole different story...at least for me. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest...and I wonder if everybody at the table can hear it...lol.
I know what you mean. I play online on Full Tilt. I was in a tournament last week and finished 2nd out of 363 entrants. I know it isn't the same as sitting at an actual table with people sitting around you, but it's just as stressful. I was sweating during the final table. My heart was racing. I was relieved when it was over, because I could finally relax. Plus, winning 313 bucks off of a 2-dollar buy-in eased my mind a bit faster. lol


Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
What did you say his name was?
Darvin Moon is his name.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 AM   #10
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,888
Re: Saints fan in the world series of poker

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
I know what you mean. I play online on Full Tilt. I was in a tournament last week and finished 2nd out of 363 entrants. I know it isn't the same as sitting at an actual table with people sitting around you, but it's just as stressful. I was sweating during the final table. My heart was racing. I was relieved when it was over, because I could finally relax. Plus, winning 313 bucks off of a 2-dollar buy-in eased my mind a bit faster. lol




Darvin Moon is his name.
Congrats on the 2nd place finish. I put 36 dollars on Pokerstars yesterday, finished 4th in a 12 dollar tourney, and built it up to around 240 dollars, then I put up 100 dollars in a cash game and got my butt handed to me, so now I'm back down to around 100 dollars off the 36 I started with and that will probably be gone by the end of the day unless I get lucky again.
Saint_LB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts