Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: 2010 - Keep Reggie or Not
I've seen enough - Cut Him. 9 9.00%
You don't get better by subtraction - Pay the Man. 45 45.00%
Wait until the end of the season and ask me again. 46 46.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by WVSaint canton thats what were debating. his contract comes with a huge pay increase after this year, so how is he going to make it through the next 3 seasons unless he takes a big pay cut? ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by WVSaint View Post
canton thats what were debating. his contract comes with a huge pay increase after this year, so how is he going to make it through the next 3 seasons unless he takes a big pay cut?
i think i knew that.....
CantonLegend is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
best distraction in the league......he may not score or get the yardage everyone wants.....but just by faking the ball to him you get 3 players on defense moving to him

he isnt worth a huge pay increase but he should be able to keep his job through the next 3 seasons at least
So you think only one person is trying to tackle PT or Bell vice Bush? The same 3 people you claim trying to tackle Bush when they see BELL coming at them the other two turn to one of them and say " you get him we will just not move and watch"... really?
Euphoria is online now  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,435
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by WVSaint View Post
canton thats what were debating. his contract comes with a huge pay increase after this year, so how is he going to make it through the next 3 seasons unless he takes a big pay cut?
Oh, I didn't catch that either.

I say he must restructure, and I think he will, or we say goodbye.


Since Reggie's a West Coast guy, anyone think we can work a win-win trade with someone like San Diego?
Danno is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
So you think only one person is trying to tackle PT or Bell vice Bush? The same 3 people you claim trying to tackle Bush when they see BELL coming at them the other two turn to one of them and say " you get him we will just not move and watch"... really?
is that what i said? cuz thats not what i said

dont fill in the blanks on my posts......if there are blanks just leave them blank because i meant to leave them blank

i said what i said and thats all i wanted to say.....i didnt want to talk about bell or PT in my post so i didnt

sorry for being a jerk in this post but stuff like this gets on my nerves and ive had a bad day today
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richland, MS.
Posts: 1,823
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

I do not think Bush would ever agree to restructure his contract, unless it meant more money for him. I also do not think the Saints would cut him. If the Saints get it in their minds that they want to move him, he does have some trade value. Remember, he is a very nice threat. There are specific reasons he is not getting the touches he did in the past. The Saints do have two reliable guys running the ball, the TE position is finally a true weapon, and all four WR's make plays. There are only so many balls to go around. Is Bush worth the money, the jury is still out on that. He most definitely was worth the money when he was asked to do more...
MatthewT is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #36
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,488
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Euphoria makes several very valid points. In a previous thread I mentioned that those 10 players are almost half of our 22 of our starters. If we only resign 50-70% then we could be looking at a substantially different team, although I don't let the front office see that happening .Also, I'm from the old school...if it aint broke don't fix it. Sean Payton has done a very good job of utilizing Reggie so far this year. It is still early in the season and we could still see a lot of more packages involving Reggie. I like the chemistry when he's on the field. But, dang he is expensive. On the poll I voted to wait until the season is over...There are some exciting times ahead for our team.

Last edited by Rugby Saint II; 10-28-2009 at 06:22 PM..
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #37
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

It seems though we have a good relationship with New England... trade him to there for Maroney. I'd love to see how they utilize him up there and I've always had a thing for Maroney since Minnesota. If we keep him, that's fine too... I have no problem with it just as long as it's not at a ridiculous amount.
papz is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Oh, I didn't catch that either.

I say he must restructure, and I think he will, or we say goodbye.


Since Reggie's a West Coast guy, anyone think we can work a win-win trade with someone like San Diego?
No, if he comes out west he'll be going to the to the LA Rams or the LA Jaguars. That way he won't have much to travel from the games/practice to Dancing with the Stars. lol.
Euphoria is online now  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #39
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 5
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Euphoria makes several very valid points. In a previous thread I mentioned that those 10 players are almost half of our 22 of our starters. If we only resign 50-70% then we could be looking at a substantially different team, although I don't let the front office see that happening .Also, I'm from the old school...if it aint broke don't fix it. Sean Payton has done a very good job of utilizing Reggie so far this year. It is still early in the season and we could still see a lot of more packages involving Reggie. I like the chemistry when he's on the field. But, dang he is expensive. On the poll I voted to wait until the season is over...There are some exciting times ahead for our team.
Thanks!

I do agree Payton is doing a good job Utilizing him this year by letting him warm the bench more since his brain farts! He's got less and less playing time. Although I do forsee him getting more playing time after Miami since he didn't mess anything up for a change. Maybe that game got his act together.

Chemistry is on point. You see the guys rally around Bush when he screws up and go over to him when he does good and really mentoring him. Obviously he isn't the team leader.

I am with you if its not broke don't fix it but reality of todays NFL and the cap its obviously players move and based on that reality and whats ahead down the road it doesn't look good.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is online now  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 171
Re: 2010 - Keep or Cut Reggie Bush.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The question is can you really do without any of these guys or Reggie?
G Jahri Evans (RFA)
RB Pierre Thomas (RFA)
LT Jermon Bushrod (RFA)
RB Mike Bell (RFA)
LB Scott Fujita
SS Roman Harper
WR Lance Moore
FS Darren Sharper
LT Jammal Brown

Sorry Bush has to take a pay cut or he's gone. These guys have contributed more to Saints wins than Bush.

IMO ...I think either Jammal Brown or bushrod will be gone as good as bushrod has done he will want to start and maybe deserves to if he continues to play at high level
ArmySaintFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2010 season, new orleans saints, reggie bush

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts