Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by ScottF Strength of schedule is calculated incorrectly by the league. A team with a good record will always have an "easier" schedule. The Saints are 9-0, so say our opponents' records are then 36-45. If we were ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,680
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Strength of schedule is calculated incorrectly by the league. A team with a good record will always have an "easier" schedule.

The Saints are 9-0, so say our opponents' records are then 36-45.
If we were 1-8, our opponents' record would be 44-37, and be considered a tough schedule.
this is exactly right.....our opponents records are very indicative of how we play......there are easier ways to tell how tough our schedule is

watch the games
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,174
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Whats with the easiest schedule BS... It wasn't that easy before the season started now its easy?
Euphoria is online now  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
BS Since 2003!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 11,199
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Strength of schedule is calculated incorrectly by the league. A team with a good record will always have an "easier" schedule.

The Saints are 9-0, so say our opponents' records are then 36-45.
If we were 1-8, our opponents' record would be 44-37, and be considered a tough schedule.
I like this logic.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 15,268
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

You tell 'em Euphoria. When the schedules were announced we were led to believe that we had a tough schedule...
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,093
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Whats with the easiest schedule BS... It wasn't that easy before the season started now its easy?
10-4. I was about to post this as well. At the beginning of the season the Saints had one of the hardest "strength of schedules"'s in the league. AFC East. NFC East. Oh no!!! I figured that the Saints would have a couple of losses by now but now they've had an easy schedule and they're 9-0.
iceshack149 is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,174
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Rating the schedules is about as gay as power rankings...

most of the schedule is already pre-determine we can't help which teams suck. You're delt a schedule you deal with it.
Euphoria is online now  
Old 11-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,680
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Rating the schedules is about as gay as power rankings...

most of the schedule is already pre-determine we can't help which teams suck. You're delt a schedule you deal with it.
actually, you probably know this, but i just thought it would be good to mention in response to this

league officials take very close looks at the schedules in the offseason and try to make every teams schedule of opponents as close to the rest of the league as possible....obviously some teams get tougher schedules and some teams get easier schedules but for the most part, they are as even as you could get considering each team is different every single year
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,174
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
actually, you probably know this, but i just thought it would be good to mention in response to this

league officials take very close looks at the schedules in the offseason and try to make every teams schedule of opponents as close to the rest of the league as possible....obviously some teams get tougher schedules and some teams get easier schedules but for the most part, they are as even as you could get considering each team is different every single year

They rotate your schedule its already pre-determine who you play years in advance. EXAMPLE this year:

DIVISION thats 6 games
NFC EAST 4 games
AFC EAST 4 games
That leaves only 2 teams they select us to play to maybe 'balance the schedule.

Essentially the worse team in the league could very well end up playing one of the hardest schedules of the year and there isn't anything you can do about it except add Lions and Rams to their schedule, LMAO. I really don't call that taking a close look at it.
Euphoria is online now  
Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,680
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
They rotate your schedule its already pre-determine who you play years in advance. EXAMPLE this year:

DIVISION thats 6 games
NFC EAST 4 games
AFC EAST 4 games
That leaves only 2 teams they select us to play to maybe 'balance the schedule.

Essentially the worse team in the league could very well end up playing one of the hardest schedules of the year and there isn't anything you can do about it except add Lions and Rams to their schedule, LMAO. I really don't call that taking a close look at it.
sounds kind of like us huh?

we ended up playing the rams and the lions to maybe even out our schedule?

it is very possible and i remember reading somewhere that it takes a long time to even out the schedules as best as possible.....with my luck i'll never find it again but i will at least try so i dont look like a total dumbass
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
BS Since 2003!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 11,199
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Saints Have 2nd Easiest Schedule

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Rating the schedules is about as gay as power rankings...

most of the schedule is already pre-determine we can't help which teams suck. You're delt a schedule you deal with it.
Is everything gay with you?

foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts