Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

No matter how this year turns out

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I think it also seems like we need a LB, because Fujita has been out. Upgrading wouldnt hurt though....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Cold as Ice!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Da Big Easy
Posts: 2,978
Re: No matter how this year turns out

I think it also seems like we need a LB, because Fujita has been out. Upgrading wouldnt hurt though.
FireVenturi is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Are we going to move to a 3-4?
i dont think we should and im not sure what that has to do with the LBs speed?

i dont think the 3-4 best suits our personel.....3-4 DEs are much more like DTs than DEs......will smith and charles grant arent defensive tackles

sedrick ellis is strong and quick but isnt big enough to play 3-4 NT

scott shanle is much better at playing pass coverage than blitzing.....fujita and he are just not built to blitz from the DE position

and jonathan vilma was worthless in the 3-4.....he hated it and i dont blame him......

i hope we trade up for ndamakong suh.....he might bust but holy crap if he doesnt he will be one of the best DTs to ever play.....he doesnt have a single good move other than push the offensive linemen backwards

he isnt all that quick but his strength and footwork is just unbelievable....unrivaled in any college DT ive ever seen

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,712
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i dont think we should and im not sure what that has to do with the LBs speed?

i dont think the 3-4 best suits our personel.....3-4 DEs are much more like DTs than DEs......will smith and charles grant arent defensive tackles

sedrick ellis is strong and quick but isnt big enough to play 3-4 NT

scott shanle is much better at playing pass coverage than blitzing.....fujita and he are just not built to blitz from the DE position

and jonathan vilma was worthless in the 3-4.....he hated it and i dont blame him......

i hope we trade up for ndamakong suh.....he might bust but holy crap if he doesnt he will be one of the best DTs to ever play.....he doesnt have a single good move other than push the offensive linemen backwards

he isnt all that quick but his strength and footwork is just unbelievable....unrivaled in any college DT ive ever seen
I am not pushing for the 3-4, I was thinking that based off the fact that you said they were smaller, but that doesn't really make sense...

I would like to see someone to compliment JV at the lb spot. SS seems slow to me. If a RB gets the corner and he is chasing it is painful to watch

We need more athleticism there, IMHO
spkb25 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,712
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Yeah I have not watched Sue, but he I hear he is unfrigan real
spkb25 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Yeah I have not watched Sue, but he I hear he is unfrigan real
complete dominance....if i can find it i'll post one of his highlight videos

at one point in the highlight there is this one play that sums him up perfectly

he couldnt make the play on the ball because i think it was a pass.....but he took the guard that was over him and just threw him backwards on his butt.....it was like a reverse pancake......just amazing

there are no other words to describe him.....

Last edited by CantonLegend; 12-13-2009 at 09:52 PM..
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,712
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
complete dominance....if i can find it i'll post one of his highlight videos

at one point in the highlight there is this one play that sums him up perfectly

he couldnt make the play on the ball because i think it was a pass.....but he took the guard that was over him and just threw him backwards on his butt.....it was like a reverse pancake......just amazing

there are no other words to describe him
could you imagine him along side SE, with WS, and maybe we sell CG to the highest bidder, lol
spkb25 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
could you imagine him along side SE, with WS, and maybe we sell CG to the highest bidder, lol
9 seconds in is the play i was talking about

CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,712
Re: No matter how this year turns out

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
9 seconds in is the play i was talking about

YouTube- Ndamukong Suh Heisman Highlights
Dude, he looks like a madman, what a nasty streak. Love it. Man would love that guy. he looks like an awesome athlete too
spkb25 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
SoCal Saint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OB - San Diego, CA
Posts: 725
Re: No matter how this year turns out

yea, suh would be amazing. no way we'll be able to get him though.
Turbo Saint is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Abingdon, Virginia
Posts: 522
Re: No matter how this year turns out

We would have to move up to Top 3 to get Suh.... I say Taylor Mays he should still be there in pick 32
zachsaints52 is offline  
Closed Thread

« Bell | Game ball »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts