Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Why did we wait 3 otrs

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Canton .... Your totals do reflect the fact we have not run the ball as much as we did earlier in the year. We did control the clock better thru the first 7 or 8 games, but since then the ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Hong Kong China
Posts: 62
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Canton .... Your totals do reflect the fact we have not run the ball as much as we did earlier in the year. We did control the clock better thru the first 7 or 8 games, but since then the we have fallen behind / our running game has not been that dependable and we've been in the position of having to pass the ball.

Run the ball more!!!! ... we could not move the chains running the ball, Dallas had our running game stopped other than Reggie's run in the first half. When we finally spread the field in the 4th quarter both the passing game and the running game started working because we kept Dallas off balance. My thread was not emotional ... it was right out on the field to see, Dallas manhandled our run game ... FACT ... they had the best rated run defense that we've gone up against so far this year.

14 points behind going into the second half ,,, We are kicking off to Dallas ... Run the ball more ... Come On Man.

Missed blocking assignments and letting the game get to the point were we had no option but to pass gave Dallas the "Green Light Special" on Drew. Just really glad Drew did not get hurt!
JMHO

WW_WHO_DAT
WW_Who_Dat is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 23
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Saints played BAD... everyone was off. C0uple that with the fact that the Cowboys were playing their super bowl last night and the end result was a loss. Yet, the silver lining is that the Saints lost by 7 points!!!

Could Brees and co. have played any worse? They lost by 7. Agree 100%... take the pressure off. Let the colts deal with it now.
SaintApple is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by WW_Who_Dat View Post
Canton .... Your totals do reflect the fact we have not run the ball as much as we did earlier in the year. We did control the clock better thru the first 7 or 8 games, but since then the we have fallen behind / our running game has not been that dependable and we've been in the position of having to pass the ball.

Run the ball more!!!! ... we could not move the chains running the ball, Dallas had our running game stopped other than Reggie's run in the first half. When we finally spread the field in the 4th quarter both the passing game and the running game started working because we kept Dallas off balance. My thread was not emotional ... it was right out on the field to see, Dallas manhandled our run game ... FACT ... they had the best rated run defense that we've gone up against so far this year.

14 points behind going into the second half ,,, We are kicking off to Dallas ... Run the ball more ... Come On Man.

Missed blocking assignments and letting the game get to the point were we had no option but to pass gave Dallas the "Green Light Special" on Drew. Just really glad Drew did not get hurt!
JMHO

WW_WHO_DAT
we ran the ball 8 times in the first half and only 3 times in the second half

in the first half we threw the ball 22 times which means we threw the ball at least 23 times in the 2nd half

what part about that says the cowboys shut down our run?......considering we only scored 3 points in the first half while passing the ball at a 3 to 1 ratio you'd think the head coach would see that we needed to change it up a little......we didnt have a successful drive until we got the ball with 38 seconds left in the 3rd qtr

and up until that point all we had done was pass the ball.....it just didnt work and we got away from the run so early that there was absolutely no reason for dallas to even think we would run it

im glad you clarified your post because some people just get crazy after a loss......i see now that you have a cool head but it doesnt change the fact that the passing game is what put us in a hole

the only thing that made our passing game look decent was the 2 drives in the 4th qtr that we scored on......until that point we couldnt move the ball through the air AT ALL......but we were averaging 5 ypc on the ground

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,235
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
we ran the ball 8 times in the first half and only 3 times in the second half

in the first half we threw the ball 22 times which means we threw the ball at least 23 times in the 2nd half

what part about that says the cowboys shut down our run?......considering we only scored 3 points in the first half while passing the ball at a 3 to 1 ratio you'd think the head coach would see that we needed to change it up a little......we didnt have a successful drive until we got the ball with 38 seconds left in the 3rd qtr

and up until that point all we had done was pass the ball.....it just didnt work and we got away from the run so early that there was absolutely no reason for dallas to even think we would run it

im glad you clarified your post because some people just get crazy after a loss......i see now that you have a cool head but it doesnt change the fact that the passing game is what put us in a hole

the only thing that made our passing game look decent was the 2 drives in the 4th qtr that we scored on......until that point we couldnt move the ball through the air AT ALL......but we were averaging 5 ypc on the ground
Great point ... SP coaching grade D-.
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 232
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Would have only been 2 bad quarters, but Henderson decided to drop a WIDE ASS OPEN TD early in the 3rd ... that would have had us rolling sooner!
C17-BING is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,460
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by C17-BING View Post
Would have only been 2 bad quarters, but Henderson decided to drop a WIDE ASS OPEN TD early in the 3rd ... that would have had us rolling sooner!
I tried to put that play into perspective after the game. Although the Saints played pretty crappy through three quarters, in my opinion, Devery dropping that pass in the endzone was the biggest mistake at any point in the game. I know there is a lot of coulda, shoulda, woulda involved here, but if he hangs on to the ball and scores, the momentum would have shifted in the Saints' favor much earlier than it did and we would not be talking about a loss today.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
I tried to put that play into perspective after the game. Although the Saints played pretty crappy through three quarters, in my opinion, Devery dropping that pass in the endzone was the biggest mistake at any point in the game. I know there is a lot of coulda, shoulda, woulda involved here, but if he hangs on to the ball and scores, the momentum would have shifted in the Saints' favor much earlier than it did and we would not be talking about a loss today.
i know im just splitting hairs here

but even tho henderson dropped the pass......we still had possession of the ball

the biggest mistake would have to be drew throwing the ball about 5 yards too short and having it picked off at the 8 yard line....not only did we miss a huge opportunity but we lost possession at the same time
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,460
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i know im just splitting hairs here

but even tho henderson dropped the pass......we still had possession of the ball

the biggest mistake would have to be drew throwing the ball about 5 yards too short and having it picked off at the 8 yard line....not only did we miss a huge opportunity but we lost possession at the same time
I see your point, and that INT was huge in its own right. I just think that Devery's drop deflated the Saints for that offensive drive when it should have been a for sure score. Kind of took the wind out of their sails. I think Drew got rattled by Devery's drop. Drew kind of seemed shell-shocked from the start, but he really looked lost after that.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
I see your point, and that INT was huge in its own right. I just think that Devery's drop deflated the Saints for that offensive drive when it should have been a for sure score. Kind of took the wind out of their sails. I think Drew got rattled by Devery's drop. Drew kind of seemed shell-shocked from the start, but he really looked lost after that.
lol it just all stunk....last game made me realize just how young im going to die lol
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,460
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Why did we wait 3 otrs

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
lol it just all stunk....last game made me realize just how young im going to die lol
HAHA! I know what you mean. I was at a bar filled with Saints' fans and I think there were three Cowboys fans. As soon as Ware got to Brees' causing him to fumble, I got up and left immediately, because I didn't want to hear those obnoxious Cowboys' fans gloating. I felt like my chest was about to cave in. lol
D_it_up is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts