Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Farve and Chilcress . . . Brett Favre of Minnesota Vikings questions Brad Childress over attempt to pull him from game - ESPN I think there is a big storm brewing here when one player feels he is bigger than ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 538
What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

Farve and Chilcress . . . Brett Favre of Minnesota Vikings questions Brad Childress over attempt to pull him from game - ESPN

I think there is a big storm brewing here when one player feels he is bigger than his team!
DblBogey is offline  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

Those darn nords..lol..really not being an ass here but i could care a less...let them implode!
strato is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

Favre thinks he's bigger than team. Bro, I honestly believe he thinks he's bigger than
the entire Green Bay franchise. He held them hostage with his "retirement" speeches,
for like four years. He even held the vikes hostage all summer, with his bs.
I'm with strat on this one. I hope they implode too. Maybe he will finally reallize
he is not the "NFL".
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
SoCal Saint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OB - San Diego, CA
Posts: 725
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

favre's been an egotistical tool his whole life....screw him and the vikings for thinking he could save them. i hope they go the way of the lions and i hope no one respects his tarnished name, ever.
Turbo Saint is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
100th Post
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 120
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

My first thought was that this was typical Brett Favre thinking he's larger than life but after thinking about it, Childress put him in a bad situation even though I agree with you guys when you speak of egotistical etc in reference to Favre.

Favre came to the Vikings just before the season began and the first thing he had to do was win his teamates over and establish himself as a leader. T. Jackson had been there a few years and you know he must have had some close friends on the team and it was up to Favre either with his play, or leadership to win everyone over and try to unite the lockerroom.

Well Sunday night here they are in a 7-6 game with home field playoff implications and Childress wants to pull him because the defense is hitting him too much?? I mean, if Favre would have came out for these reasons, it chips away at everything he's built with the team up to this point. It not only takes his chance to either pull the win out with the team or go down with the fighting, but it could be mistaken for preferencial treatment for Favre if the reason he's being taken out is so that he won't have to endure the hits.

So, I can see it both ways but, the bottom line is, you can't undermine your coach by refusing to do what he thinks is best even if you ARE older than him. LOL.

The Panthers went on to win 26-7 so, in hindsight, it may have been strategically better that he give way to Jackson in this particular game. He may have been able to avoid the rush better.

21counterZ-trap is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
Guam Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Guam, USA
Posts: 411
Blog Entries: 2
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

IMO farve to me is someone you dont come across often.. i mean, you can call him a douche bag or whatever but he did bring that vikes team together.. no disrespect to T. Jackson but farve was a tad bit better or maybe alot better.. idk.. but i do agree with you guys... but it doesnt really concern me besides the idea of clinching playoff spot. so let them loose so we can recuperate.
jn671 is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 16,999
Blog Entries: 27
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

They're going down in flames!!!!!!

SmashMouth is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,289
Blog Entries: 4
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

Originally Posted by 21counterZ-trap View Post
My first thought was that this was typical Brett Favre thinking he's larger than life but after thinking about it, Childress put him in a bad situation even though I agree with you guys when you speak of egotistical etc in reference to Favre.

Favre came to the Vikings just before the season began and the first thing he had to do was win his teamates over and establish himself as a leader. T. Jackson had been there a few years and you know he must have had some close friends on the team and it was up to Favre either with his play, or leadership to win everyone over and try to unite the lockerroom.

Well Sunday night here they are in a 7-6 game with home field playoff implications and Childress wants to pull him because the defense is hitting him too much?? I mean, if Favre would have came out for these reasons, it chips away at everything he's built with the team up to this point. It not only takes his chance to either pull the win out with the team or go down with the fighting, but it could be mistaken for preferencial treatment for Favre if the reason he's being taken out is so that he won't have to endure the hits.

So, I can see it both ways but, the bottom line is, you can't undermine your coach by refusing to do what he thinks is best even if you ARE older than him. LOL.

The Panthers went on to win 26-7 so, in hindsight, it may have been strategically better that he give way to Jackson in this particular game. He may have been able to avoid the rush better.
Originally Posted by jn671 View Post
IMO farve to me is someone you dont come across often.. i mean, you can call him a douche bag or whatever but he did bring that vikes team together.. no disrespect to T. Jackson but farve was a tad bit better or maybe alot better.. idk.. but i do agree with you guys... but it doesnt really concern me besides the idea of clinching playoff spot. so let them loose so we can recuperate.

Well said fellas...Call him whatever names you want (mostly bc you just dislike him) but Favre is the leader of what was a misguided team and is the difference in this Vikings team's success.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

I don't quote, dislike they guy, I don't know him personally. So the only thing I have to go
by is the way he presents himself. As a football player, yes, I agree, he speaks very loudly
with his abilities. Off the field though, he comes across as someone who thinks he's bigger
than the game itself.

He holds every freakin record at the position, and unlike marino, has a SB ring to go with
it. I just see him going down the same path that Jerry Rice did right now, except Jerry
was less of a d!ck about it.

What's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular.....
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,287
Re: What do nyou make of the Viqueen controversey?

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Well said fellas...Call him whatever names you want (mostly bc you just dislike him) but Favre is the leader of what was a misguided team and is the difference in this Vikings team's success.
... well, the season is not over yet with 2 games to go, but so far, the Farves have won exactly one more game in 2009 (11-3) than 2008 (10-6), so the Vikings weren't that bad to begin with. To say they were "misguided" I think is a stretch. They didn't have a solid QB the past 2 seasons, but they were hardly a bad team.

The reality is, Madden created Farve the living legend, and frankly, he is not. And because of this aura of being a living legend, people are quick to dismiss things like his tantrum last Sunday, and coaches treat them with kids' gloves, as it was the case with Mangini last year with the Jets, and it is now with Childress in Minnesota.

Childress is no dummy... he saw the pounding Prima Diva was taking, and knew, even if Prima Diva walked out of the field, that pounding was going to affect that 40-year-old body in future games. What Childress should've done, is put his neuticles back on and tell Prima Diva to sit his ass. But noooo, how can anyone dare to go against HRH?

But, hey, what better Farve than a hand-shaking Farve throwing INTs in December and January, uh?

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts