Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I won't pack it in, as I haven't packed it in for 40 years with this team, despite mostly losing seasons for decades. But I'm really disappointed right now. This was a pathetic effort today. It was almost like the ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 38
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

I won't pack it in, as I haven't packed it in for 40 years with this team, despite mostly losing seasons for decades. But I'm really disappointed right now. This was a pathetic effort today. It was almost like the team thought they only had to play one quarter of football and they would win it. I just don't understand how they can be so flat at this point in the season.
Radio Saint is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 12-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 249
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Yeah...I'm ready....To help you pack your stuff and get the hell on.....
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 406
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Take it easy everyone. I was a Saints fan before this lucky run, and I'll be one even if it's over. Just the same, I understand the feelings and frustrations of those who've been disappointed in this team over the years. This year will be the single most disappointing Saints season of all time if we continue to play as we have been.

If anyone can be sympathetic to being crushed by this team, it's long time Saints fans. Those of you who are playing the "get the hell out card", you strike me as those who don't know what it's like to be destroyed by this team over and over again. If you've been a fan as long as I have, you understand the emotions those people are writing here and you also know that they'll be back and drinking the kool-aid again next year.

\"The AB brand of TP will hurt your O-ring.\" - BlackandBlue

http://www.darrylbercegeay.com/wsmith1.jpg
FrenzyFan is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Da Weatherman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Meraux, LA
Posts: 24
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Anyone who wants to give up on this team is not a fan. It's pathetic to even say something like that. I promise you I could just freak out right now I am so pissed but to make a statement like that is just stupid and if you feel that way, like I said no one will miss you.
WeatherNLU is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 576
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

I'm not giving up.

Zona looked like crap the last few games of last year and everyone had them as a one and done too...
cargojon is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,011
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

29 years of 34 of my life following these guys, only because I don't remember years 1-5 too well. Let us old folks gripe and get off your sanctimonious cloud of thinking everyone is a bandwagon fan. We've paid our dues, dude.
Barry from MS is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 249
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Originally Posted by FrenzyFan View Post
Take it easy everyone. I was a Saints fan before this lucky run, and I'll be one even if it's over. Just the same, I understand the feelings and frustrations of those who've been disappointed in this team over the years. This year will be the single most disappointing Saints season of all time if we continue to play as we have been.

If anyone can be sympathetic to being crushed by this team, it's long time Saints fans. Those of you who are playing the "get the hell out card", you strike me as those who don't know what it's like to be destroyed by this team over and over again. If you've been a fan as long as I have, you understand the emotions those people are writing here and you also know that they'll be back and drinking the kool-aid again next year.
Which is exactly the point.....If you have been a fan as long as you state, you know how bad most of the years have been. We are 13-2, stinking it up like hell, but in the playoffs.... We still have a new season to play and as pissed as I am right now I will be in my same seat next week and for out first playoff game. I've damaged so many things over the year pulling for the Saints i'm surprised my parents did put me out when I was younger. With that said, I have cursed and said many other things BUT NEVER that I'm ready to move on....

Last edited by Rsanders24; 12-27-2009 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Rsanders24 is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 119
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

B&G in the supabowl dammit. Bring it back. Next week is a new game with more to prove. Just had a bad day. That's all. We'll get em in the 4th quarter of the season. Here we come.
cajunvoodoo is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 406
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Originally Posted by Rsanders24 View Post
Which is exactly the point.....If you have been a fan as long as you state, you know how bad most of the years have been. We are 13-2, stinking it up like hell, but in the playoffs.... We still have a new season to play and as pissed as I am right now I will be in my same seat next week and for out first playoff game. I've damaged so many things over the year pulling for the Saints i'm surprised my parents did put me out when I was younger. With that said, I have cursed and said many other things BUT NEVER that I'm ready to move on....
No, the point is that by your description you've basically thrown temper tantrums over the Saints in years past - by definition doing things you wouldn't do or say under less emotional circumstances. They are doing the same thing right now. It's doesn't make you morally superior or a better fan just because you break crap instead of ranting and saying things you don't mean on a message board. Call them on it? Sure, but cut them some slack and recognize a kindred spirit. Only Saints fans have been through the ringer like this over the last 43 years.

\"The AB brand of TP will hurt your O-ring.\" - BlackandBlue

http://www.darrylbercegeay.com/wsmith1.jpg
FrenzyFan is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Saint Historian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building..
Posts: 1,861
Re: Anybody else about ready to pack it in?

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
29 years of 34 of my life following these guys, only because I don't remember years 1-5 too well. Let us old folks gripe and get off your sanctimonious cloud of thinking everyone is a bandwagon fan. We've paid our dues, dude.

Totally agree. Add 7 years to your numbers and that's my story.

"Bandwagon fan" is a phrase reserved for SaintsReport.com and the cultists that live there that think a loss like today is either "fine and dandy" or you must be a bandwagon fan.

The men in the Saints locker room need to be equally as ****ed as the fans on this forum and then maybe we'll have something next week.

Last edited by arsaint; 12-27-2009 at 05:30 PM..
arsaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts