Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

CONSPIRACY

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by mikesaintfan has anyone heard of The Bilderberg Group? if not..u r far more vulnerable to conspiracy than u think Oh, I know what those guys are up to. Creating armies of these: :b artinator:...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #31
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 180
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by mikesaintfan View Post
has anyone heard of The Bilderberg Group? if not..u r far more vulnerable to conspiracy than u think
Oh, I know what those guys are up to. Creating armies of these:


:b artinator:
MorningWood is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 576
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by MorningWood View Post
Oh, I know what those guys are up to. Creating armies of these:


:b artinator:
+1 rep for your screen name
cargojon is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 1,043
Re: CONSPIRACY

the key to a conspiracy is getting everyone to not believe...follow like sheep..conform...conform..conform
mikesaintfan is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 180
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by cargojon View Post
+1 rep for your screen name

Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by mikesaintfan View Post
the key to a conspiracy is getting everyone to not believe...follow like sheep..conform...conform..conform
I am trying to resist, I really am. Let me see how far you have gone -- do you just believe the occassional CT or have you gone full retard with it believing whatever Alex Jones and his ilk spew?
MorningWood is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #35
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by cargojon View Post
Dollars are the exact reason the NFL is super-anal about keeping its nose clean.

Do you have any idea how much $$$$ the NFL would lose if it EVER came out that there was some kind of fix? That's the exact reason that there is no conspiracy. The amount of money they stand to lose if exposed far far far exceeds anything they would hope to gain by a conspiracy.

If you think it's fixed - why do you still watch? Why bother? If the outcome is pre-determined, it kind of takes the fun out of it doesn't it?

This kind of tinfoil hat crap is what fans of losers hide behind to explain why their team sucks. Newsflash- Saints don't suck.
Boy, that "logic" didn't stop rich people like Bernie Madoff risking their fortunes to make a little more now did it? Martha Stuart went to jail for a few thousand dollars. The NBA is still making millions despite proof that they had refs cheating and betting on games. Your argument that they wouldn't risk what they have for a little more is empty.

I watch because I love the Saints and hope that the league will call the game fair or to our side. For most of this year (and mostly since Katrina) they have. I never said it was completely predetermined, only that there is a bias. Read what I wrote rather than put words in my mouth. I said I expect us to have to overcome some bad calls to beat the Vikings, not that it was predetermined we would lose. Sorry if you cannot understand the difference. If you want to deny the countless number of times it has happened to us in our history that is fine with me. I prefer to keep my eyes open and be realistic.

Newsflash to you - there have been plenty cases where the Saints have lost games in their past due to poor calls by the refs. It has nothing to do with sucking. The Niner teams of the 80's got evey call in games against us because they were the darlings of the league. The Dome Patrol teams didn't suck, but they got shafted sure enough.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #36
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 576
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
Boy, that "logic" didn't stop rich people like Bernie Madoff risking their fortunes to make a little more now did it? Martha Stuart went to jail for a few thousand dollars. The NBA is still making millions despite proof that they had refs cheating and betting on games. Your argument that they wouldn't risk what they have for a little more is empty.

I watch because I love the Saints and hope that the league will call the game fair or to our side. For most of this year (and mostly since Katrina) they have. I never said it was completely predetermined, only that there is a bias. Read what I wrote rather than put words in my mouth. I said I expect us to have to overcome some bad calls to beat the Vikings, not that it was predetermined we would lose. Sorry if you cannot understand the difference. If you want to deny the countless number of times it has happened to us in our history that is fine with me. I prefer to keep my eyes open and be realistic.

Newsflash to you - there have been plenty cases where the Saints have lost games in their past due to poor calls by the refs. It has nothing to do with sucking. The Niner teams of the 80's got evey call in games against us because they were the darlings of the league. The Dome Patrol teams didn't suck, but they got shafted sure enough.
Sure biad exists. People are human, and despite the best efforts to be fair sometimes biases exist. That doesn't mean that Ed Hochuli has $10 large riding on a game if he makes a mistake. You think Nolan Ryan didn't get a bigger strike zone than a first year rookie? Of course.
That doesn't mean it's part of a calculated, intentional effort to influence the outcome of games.


Hey just realized that tinfoil hat could pass for a viking's mascot costume BAWAHAHAHA
cargojon is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #37
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Re: CONSPIRACY

Originally Posted by strato View Post
Agreed!!! How is A.Rolle doing these days?...lol
lol...he will live to fight another day...
please do to farve what you done to kurt
You guys are bringing the Lombardi home...i`m sure of it and i`m on your bandwagon like it or not...for 2 more games anyway...then we are enemy again
Rimrockcard is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #38
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sartell, MN
Posts: 20
Re: CONSPIRACY

If there really was a conspiracy, the Vikings would be playing the Packers for the NFC Crown. Nothing against the Saints here, but the amount of viewers for the two games they played in the regular season were record breakers. The NFL would be licking their chops over that one.

Or maybe a Vikings/Jets Superbowl. There's a story line for you.
Odincommeth is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: CONSPIRACY

So it all boils down to symantics and what is meant by conspiracy ( a term I have not used in this thread until now). It wouldn't take some clendestine effort to make a difference. The commish (way before Goddel) could have said in an owners meeting or memo to league during the summer or during labor negotiations with the refs "Wow, what a great season we had. Team x had a great year in winning the SB. More people watched that game than ever! We also had record merchandise sales this year. Hey, I see team x lead all in those sales as well. Wow people sure like to represnt teams X,Y, and Z. Also player so and so lead all individuals in jersey sales. Interesting. Anyway, let's get back to our discussion about revenue". So, they know high revenue for the league will mean more money for the refs and players when the next contract negotiations come around. So, no, I don't think that someone has whispered to the refs or sent a memo out to anyone to cheat. But any ref knows it is better for league revenue if the Steelers, or Pats or Colts or Giants win games than if the Saints or Seahawks or Texans win games. Better league revenue means more available money for them as well. Some may call that a conspiracy. It's not the WWE, so it is not fixed all the way, but the field is hardly level.
I appreciate if you think it is all on the up and up. I wish I did. I just don't. But I don't think that means we can't or won't win. Just that we will have to work that much harder and be that much better than Mini-sota. Because if it comes down to a close game with an important review to determine if Bret f;&@ing Favre threw an int or not, I don't like our chances.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #40
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 180
Re: CONSPIRACY

St Mike, think about what you wrote. The ref's actions would be very far removed from any financial benefit he might receive.

Favre sells jerseys. If I throw a flag, Favre goes to the SB. Revenues increase league wide by .0000001%. Commish sees this increase and spreads the wealth to all refs. The difference in my pocketbook is .05% --- maybe, if all goes well with my evil scheme.

Payday baby!
MorningWood is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/23841-conspiracy.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-18-2010 08:53 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts