Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Choupique Why on earth any team would get rid of Vilma is way beyond me. Same with Sharper. Thanks Jets and Vikes. Dumbasses. One team's trash is another team's treasure. We say the same thing about Kris ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by Choupique View Post
Why on earth any team would get rid of Vilma is way beyond me. Same with Sharper. Thanks Jets and Vikes. Dumbasses.

One team's trash is another team's treasure. We say the same thing about Kris Jenkins. Carolina practically ran him out of town and he has been nothing but a locker room leader and big-time playmaker for us.

Unfortunately, JV's trade value was very low when we dealt him as he was coming off a knee injury and his production was down. Bad for us, good for you.
GangGreen is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,919
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by Choupique View Post
Why on earth any team would get rid of Vilma is way beyond me. Same with Sharper. Thanks Jets and Vikes. Dumbasses.

Not really. Both Vilma and Sharper were ill-equipped to fit in the respective defenses. Vilma was a beast in New York when they ran the 4-3, but wasn't able to use his talents once the Jets went to the 3-4. As GangGreen put it, the lack of a huge NT didn't help.

As for Sharper, he thrives in a defense where he can utilize his ball hawking ability. It requires more of a freelance approach. In Minnesota he was handcuffed by the cover 2. Come to New Orleans he was able to take advantage of two great cover corners allowing him to be able to roam.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,237
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Vilma gets my MVP award for the game. He was everywhere, and if I were him they would have had to kick me out too. We just won our first ever NFC Championship after winning one of the greatest games every played. You'll be seeing that game for years to come.

Yep, they would have had to drag me outtta the dome last night.
saintfan is online now  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,545
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Not really. Both Vilma and Sharper were ill-equipped to fit in the respective defenses. Vilma was a beast in New York when they ran the 4-3, but wasn't able to use his talents once the Jets went to the 3-4. As GangGreen put it, the lack of a huge NT didn't help.

As for Sharper, he thrives in a defense where he can utilize his ball hawking ability. It requires more of a freelance approach. In Minnesota he was handcuffed by the cover 2. Come to New Orleans he was able to take advantage of two great cover corners allowing him to be able to roam.

Are those teams in the Super Bowl?

:/

Their system is inferior. They let a great player go. Period.

Ronnie Lott called Sharper "special" but I should listen to you?

Choupique is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,545
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Vilma gets my MVP award for the game. He was everywhere, and if I were him they would have had to kick me out too. We just won our first ever NFC Championship after winning one of the greatest games every played. You'll be seeing that game for years to come.

Yep, they would have had to drag me outtta the dome last night.
I tend to agree but it is such a hard call.
Choupique is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,919
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by Choupique View Post
Are those teams in the Super Bowl?

:/

Their system is inferior. They let a great player go. Period.

Ronnie Lott called Sharper "special" but I should listen to you?

No they aren't. They came as close as you can get without making it. And, as well as Sharper and Vilma fit our defensive scheme, they simply do not fit in their previous defenses near as well. Sharper and Vilma are great players. And yes, both special. I never said they weren't. But, Sharper isn't a cover two type safety and Vilma is not a 3-4 type linebacker. That is not downplaying their abilities at all.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 216
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

I wanted to draft him outta miami (and I'm a Gator), so I was so glad to get him!!!
dwiley21 is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 160
Re: Vilma was still in the Superdome After 12:00am *and refused to leave*

Originally Posted by Choupique View Post
Why on earth any team would get rid of Vilma is way beyond me. Same with Sharper. Thanks Jets and Vikes. Dumbasses.

lmao ...........
DjBlueBeast is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts