Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Williams ... Genius?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; If these guys can do it... There is no immunity from whodatism. They ain't ready for this much meauxjeaux. Who Dat. Just Say Neaux To Dolts....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,491
Re: Williams ... Genius?

If these guys can do it...






There is no immunity from whodatism.

They ain't ready for this much meauxjeaux. Who Dat.


Just Say Neaux To Dolts.
Choupique is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
Not here 2agree
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 567
Re: Williams ... Genius?

They'll get after PM but not the same way. I guarantee that whatever they do it'll be something he's not expecting.

Hitting is part of the game all this "controversy" is just part of the hype for the big game.

What do they want, the Saints to hit Manning softly?
Rickh is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 1,753
Re: Williams ... Genius?

They have to hit him. Manning is their center attraction. If we get to him the game is ours. We have to dictate to them how the game is going to flow and keep Manning guessing and improvising. Not an easy task but its do-able. Making receivers pay when they come across the middle wouldn't be a bad idea either.
darstep is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Re: Williams ... Genius?

You guys need to stop. Ther is nothing the Saints can "do", "bring" or "scheme" that Peyton hasn't seen or played against. Peyton is something like 4-1 or 5-1 against Greg Williams Defenses over his career. He has just made the top AFC defenses look silly and you really believe the Saints can do something neither of those two could do? Yes, the Saints will probably get a sack or two on Manning early on, but you can not frustrate him, or baffle him or "shake him up", as right now there is no greater offensive mind in the game then Peyton. Your hope is to disrupt the WR pass running routes, and your offense putting up a tone of points if winning the game is your hope.

Originally Posted by subguy View Post
You know Manning watched Favre get rocked in the NFCCG and I think Williams is trying to sew some thoughts about getting hit all day in Manning's head.
indy4192 is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Re: Williams ... Genius?

12 different teams tried it this past season and not one were successful, what makes you think you guys can?

Originally Posted by darstep View Post
They have to hit him. Manning is their center attraction. If we get to him the game is ours. We have to dictate to them how the game is going to flow and keep Manning guessing and improvising. Not an easy task but its do-able. Making receivers pay when they come across the middle wouldn't be a bad idea either.
indy4192 is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,334
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Williams ... Genius?

I see posts all the time about people see or thing Payton is putting one thing out there and does the opposite. I don't see that at all!!! These guys are very upfront with everyone. Yeah this is what we do and this is what we are going to do now stop us. They like to set the tone and there isn't anybody who can do anything about it.

I mean I think it shows them how confident they are and how ballsy that they can discuss it and go after it. I mean the way they treated Warner and then Favre isn't winning us any popularity points with their fans but hey we are here baby!

The one thing people over look is that how good our CB's are... they are totally under estimating how good they are and Williams is not. Get after the QB and wait your shot to get a turnover. The thing I love is I know Williams isn't even close to where and what he wants to do with this D. We keep him we have a dynasty.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,334
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Williams ... Genius?

Originally Posted by indy4192 View Post
You guys need to stop. Ther is nothing the Saints can "do", "bring" or "scheme" that Peyton hasn't seen or played against. Peyton is something like 4-1 or 5-1 against Greg Williams Defenses over his career. He has just made the top AFC defenses look silly and you really believe the Saints can do something neither of those two could do? Yes, the Saints will probably get a sack or two on Manning early on, but you can not frustrate him, or baffle him or "shake him up", as right now there is no greater offensive mind in the game then Peyton. Your hope is to disrupt the WR pass running routes, and your offense putting up a tone of points if winning the game is your hope.
I'd argue there is a better offensive mine than Payton and that is Peyton.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Re: Williams ... Genius?

Your CB might be good, but they are not great and this year Peyton has torn up even the great CB. Look at what we did to Denver who has across the board better CB then the Saints have.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I see posts all the time about people see or thing Payton is putting one thing out there and does the opposite. I don't see that at all!!! These guys are very upfront with everyone. Yeah this is what we do and this is what we are going to do now stop us. They like to set the tone and there isn't anybody who can do anything about it.

I mean I think it shows them how confident they are and how ballsy that they can discuss it and go after it. I mean the way they treated Warner and then Favre isn't winning us any popularity points with their fans but hey we are here baby!

The one thing people over look is that how good our CB's are... they are totally under estimating how good they are and Williams is not. Get after the QB and wait your shot to get a turnover. The thing I love is I know Williams isn't even close to where and what he wants to do with this D. We keep him we have a dynasty.
indy4192 is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 122
Re: Williams ... Genius?

As of right now, there is no greater offensive minds in teh game then Manning and Moore, the M and M boys are undefeated this season and Manning is the MVP. The Saints had a good year, but they are a step behind the M and M boys.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I'd argue there is a better offensive mine than Payton and that is Peyton.
indy4192 is offline  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 1,753
Re: Williams ... Genius?

Originally Posted by indy4192 View Post
12 different teams tried it this past season and not one were successful, what makes you think you guys can?
FAITH! I'm a Saints fan and simply believe that our guys CAN get it done. It has nothing to do with what other teams have been unable to do. On Feb. 7, our guys are going to strap it up and bring it, and I'll be hoping for and pulling for them to get it done in the moment. I'll be at home yelling at the TV unless I win some radio station give away or something. I can't make it happen, but I'll definitely be believing for it to happen in our favor. That's not some empty pipe dream, we're in the Superbowl. We've been making it happen all season, and we can do it again.

**SaintSince67**
darstep is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/24441-williams-genius.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-29-2010 08:36 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts