Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by indybowl Yes, I will give the Saints all the credit in the world. They have the firepower to make the best defenses look foolish. I just get frustrated by not hearing any credit for what this Indianapolis ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
Colt fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dallas, Georgia
Posts: 27
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by indybowl View Post
Yes, I will give the Saints all the credit in the world. They have the firepower to make the best defenses look foolish. I just get frustrated by not hearing any credit for what this Indianapolis D has become.
I only hear arguments that the Saints D is better. IMO its obvious that your D is better at creating turnovers, the #s show that, but the more well rounded D is the Colts.

Bottom line, I can't say as a football fan one team has an obvious advantage. Ill give my dues, #1 offense and a dangerous, turnover machine D.

Can a Saints fan give any credit to Indy? I haven't found many.
Hey indybowl, check out colts.com if you want to hear who has a better D No Saints fan is going to say good things about the Colts, why should they? They want to kick our asses. And I don't blame them, but I have always liked the Saints in the NFC. Today I will not like the Saints at all!

As far as shutting down the run, the Colts held the Ravens 50 yards below their average and the Jets 85 below their average.

Last edited by gacoltdog; 02-07-2010 at 11:46 AM..
gacoltdog is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by indybowl View Post
Ye

Can a Saints fan give any credit to Indy? I haven't found many.
First, we are defensive because we sick of hearing how we are lucky to be here, so we spend our time defending our GREAT record and NUMBER 1 offense.

Second, what superlatives are left for Payton and Wayne, etc. ? No reason to state the obvious
ScottF is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Shreveport LA
Posts: 83
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Shee-it, we gots us some Reggie Bush to defeat that so-called "run defense"
Stiggs is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
I don't get it. They did pretty well against the Jets, but the Jets do not have a passing attack that would make Indy keep from putting 8 in the box. Neither does Baltimore, but here is the interesting fact- they let up 5 yards a carry to Ray Rice, and over 4 yards a carry to Baltimore. The only reason they did not gauge them is because Baltimore had to play catch up. The Ravens do not have a great passing attack either, and they still put yards together on the ground. I think our run game could be the difference. Anyway I have been saying this all week, but found the stats from the Ravens game interesting, because the media paints one picture, and I am not sure it is accurate.
Agree with everyone that stats don't mean anything. Jets and Ravens have great rushing "averages' because they can't throw. Yes, Indy held them below those "averages".
Someone should look to see if Balt and the Jets were over their passing "averages" in those games. Won't be me; I don't care.
ScottF is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,821
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
Agree with everyone that stats don't mean anything. Jets and Ravens have great rushing "averages' because they can't throw. Yes, Indy held them below those "averages".
Someone should look to see if Balt and the Jets were over their passing "averages" in those games. Won't be me; I don't care.
Well, I think I am pointing out to their fans that keep stating that the Colts stopped Balti and the Jets rushing attacks, but it really isn't accurate. Baltimore abandoned their run due to getting down, but they still had a good average for YPC, and Rice was averaging 5 YPC. That is an important stat in my mind. I disagree that stats do not matter- of course they do. They do not mean you will win or lose, but of course they matter- and the stat that matters most is points scored vs points against. If stats did not matter teams that were last in offensive and defensive stats would be in the super bowl.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Well, I think I am pointing out to their fans that keep stating that the Colts stopped Balti and the Jets rushing attacks, but it really isn't accurate. Baltimore abandoned their run due to getting down, but they still had a good average for YPC, and Rice was averaging 5 YPC. That is an important stat in my mind. I disagree that stats do not matter- of course they do. They do not mean you will win or lose, but of course they matter- and the stat that matters most is points scored vs points against. If stats did not matter teams that were last in offensive and defensive stats would be in the super bowl.
I feel you, Bra-- I wasn't arguing
ScottF is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,821
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I feel you, Bra-- I wasn't arguing

hahaha- My bad. I always enjoy your input Scott!
spkb25 is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #18
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,821
Re: Keep hearing how Indy shut down the run in the playoffs...

INDY????? Where ya at?

I was dead wrong lol. It was our passing game!
spkb25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts