Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Back-up QB options?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend now that we are even we need a tie breaker im all for coming up with ridiculous arguments if you guys can use them That's pretty much what you've been coming up with so far and ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #61
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,464
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
now that we are even we need a tie breaker im all for coming up with ridiculous arguments if you guys can use them
That's pretty much what you've been coming up with so far and not being able to back them up, so be my guest.
D_it_up is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
Oh Ok. Because Dinkins was in the game Brunell had a poor performance. Who really has their eyes closed?
thats what you got out of my post? ....amazing

stuff like this makes me wonder if its worth my time
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #63
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
That's pretty much what you've been coming up with so far and not being able to back them up, so be my guest.
what havent i backed up.....im more than willing to try and elaborate

but so far nobody has really answered my question as to why brunell has nothing left in the tank

the only answer ive heard is because he stunk in the carolina game....i feel like arguing that game is like talking to a wall since for some reason my point has gone over everyone's head
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #64
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,464
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
what havent i backed up.....im more than willing to try and elaborate

but so far nobody has really answered my question as to why brunell has nothing left in the tank
You haven't backed up a reason why he still has something left in the tank....other than posting a resume' that pretty much ended four years ago. Oh yeah...and two plays.
D_it_up is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #65
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
You haven't backed up a reason why he still has something left in the tank....other than posting a resume' that pretty much ended four years ago. Oh yeah...and two plays.
i dont care if he isnt an all pro

i was merely trying to point out that he isnt washed up and that basing an opinion on 1 game is kind of dumb

he is a backup....thats what hes supposed to be

but rather than answer the original question, you guys turned it around on me to make me prove that he is a stud....im not saying he is

but i am wondering why, AFTER 1 GAME, you guys have decided he is washed up

im glad we didnt do the same thing after drew's first game as a saint

when he threw for 170 yards on 16 of 30 attempts for a QB rating of 67.....AGAINST THE BROWNS

looks like maybe we shouldnt judge QBs after one game eh?

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #66
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Back-up QB options?

My apologies. You capitalizing his name made it seem like you put great importance to the point, so I responded to it. So it is ok for you to answer only certain points in other people's posts, but itís not for others to do the same thing to you? Amazing! Case in point you ignoring my point about Brunellís failure to hold the starting jobs in Jacksonville and Washington and for three years being unable to find a team that wants him as the starter. Instead you just keep going back to that one Carolina game and making excuses as to why he did poorly as if that is the only evidence that his game is not what it used to be. It isn't worth your time because you've got nothing except (way) past accomplishments to go with. He has not been a successful starting NFL QB for at least 4 years now.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #67
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
My apologies. You capitalizing his name made it seem like you put great importance to the point, so I responded to it. So it is ok for you to answer only certain points in other people's posts, but itís not for others to do the same thing to you? Amazing! Case in point you ignoring my point about Brunellís failure to hold the starting jobs in Jacksonville and Washington and for three years being unable to find a team that wants him as the starter. Instead you just keep going back to that one Carolina game and making excuses as to why he did poorly as if that is the only evidence that his game is not what it used to be. It isn't worth your time because you've got nothing except (way) past accomplishments to go with. He has not been a successful starting NFL QB for at least 4 years now.
lol hes been a backup for the past 3 seasons.....and the one season before that may in fact be the reason that he was a backup to begin with.

jason campbell was a first round pick in 2005 so you can see why the city may have been calling for campbell to start anyway

IMO the reason brunell didnt start on those teams(even tho he did) is because when teams are losin or winning, the responsibility is always on the QB....even if its not his fault

brunell got the axe because, according the mass fans, it was his fault and campbell and leftwich were just coming into the league as high prospects. leftwich took over for brunell after he was injured and didnt relinquish the position because he was a high draft pick and because he performed admirably

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #68
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Back-up QB options?

That makes sense and could be part of the reason. But the fact that it happened more than once, coupled with what we have seen from his admittingly short performances in pre and regular season certainly is enough to create doubt about him. If you can't understand that and see why some doubt that he has anything "left in the tank" and would rather see us try something else then I don't know what to say. Agree or not, you should be able to see the point of view.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #69
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,237
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post

i know nobody here has ever jumped the gun on somebody
Heavens to Betsy NO. Not here...unless we're talking about Delhomme, who was anointed A HOF Bust simply by signing his contract. LMFAO
saintfan is offline  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #70
Faqda Falcons
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 3,464
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Back-up QB options?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i dont care if he isnt an all pro

i was merely trying to point out that he isnt washed up and that basing an opinion on 1 game is kind of dumb

he is a backup....thats what hes supposed to be

but rather than answer the original question, you guys turned it around on me to make me prove that he is a stud....im not saying he is

but i am wondering why, AFTER 1 GAME, you guys have decided he is washed up

im glad we didnt do the same thing after drew's first game as a saint

when he threw for 170 yards on 16 of 30 attempts for a QB rating of 67.....AGAINST THE BROWNS

looks like maybe we shouldnt judge QBs after one game eh?
Must I explain one more time how crappy and sluggish the Carolina defense played in that game? I don't care if they were top 5 in defense or not. Their play didn't show it. Brunell couldn't complete anything downfield even when receivers were open and he was playing with players that he practiced with regularly, so there should have been some sort of rhythm, but there wasn't. Sure, he may have been accurate in the past, but he showed no signs of it in that game. You say arguing after one game is dumb and then try to bring Drew's name in this? Now who is the one with the dumb comment? Drew is a starter and we knew that he was better than that game and that he would improve. No one here can say with any certainty that Brunell has still got it or if he doesn't. We have our opinions, and we voice them. In my opinion, if Brees were to miss four games in a regular season, the Saints would be lucky to win one game. If they did win more than that, it wouldn't be because of the arm of Mark Brunell.
D_it_up is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts