New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Wild idea... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/26012-wild-idea.html)

TheDeuce 04-13-2010 10:07 PM

Wild idea...
 
I know that I've seen this idea floated somewhere on the board, but I really want to have a serious discussion about this.

We just won the Super Bowl. We have retained just about every integral part of our team from last year. Thus, in my mind, we don't really have many (if any) "holes" to fill except a select few.

I think I'd be willing to trade a large bundle of picks to go up and get Suh. Crazy? Maybe. But this guy seems like he's got HOFer all over him.

In my mind, it comes down to quantity vs. quality. We don't need a lot of picks, we need one or two really good ones.

Thoughts?

exile 04-13-2010 10:19 PM

Re: Wild idea...
 
There isn't a chance on this earth that we could climb that high up the draft. Set your sights a bit lower. There are some good players in the bottom on the 1st round.

papz 04-13-2010 10:22 PM

Re: Wild idea...
 
Unless we're willing to include our first from next year, I don't believe even if we packed the majority of our picks this year, it still won't be enough to move up that high. Any chance of that happening, we'd have to include Jamal Brown with a group of picks and I'm not sure with all the hype the guy is getting... that the other team would take it. As good as Suh is suppose to become, there's been a TON of highly touted defensive tackles in the pass that never lived up to their billing. I'm more than comfortable keeping our picks and taking the BPA on our board at the time. If we do decide to trade up, I can maybe see up moving up in the mid to low teens... but that's about it.

WVSaint 04-13-2010 10:31 PM

Re: Wild idea...
 
The only scenario i would like to see us trade up for is if mcclain falls to the late teens/early 20s.

strato 04-13-2010 10:55 PM

Re: Wild idea...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 218208)
Unless we're willing to include our first from next year, I don't believe even if we packed the majority of our picks this year, it still won't be enough to move up that high. Any chance of that happening, we'd have to include Jamal Brown with a group of picks and I'm not sure with all the hype the guy is getting... that the other team would take it. As good as Suh is suppose to become, there's been a TON of highly touted defensive tackles in the pass that never lived up to their billing. I'm more than comfortable keeping our picks and taking the BPA on our board at the time. If we do decide to trade up, I can maybe see up moving up in the mid to low teens... but that's about it.

I agree ..i dont value Suh that much..Who knows its a crapshoot with all these guys.. We are ok across the board so i think we take the BPA..

mikesaintfan 04-14-2010 05:18 AM

Re: Wild idea...
 
when was the last time we traded up for a DT?...hmmmm passs

SmashMouth 04-14-2010 05:29 AM

Re: Wild idea...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesaintfan (Post 218232)
when was the last time we traded up for a DT?...hmmmm passs

Here's a picture of him.

http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/wp-con...ing-burger.jpg

hagan714 04-14-2010 06:20 AM

Re: Wild idea...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesaintfan (Post 218232)
when was the last time we traded up for a DT?...hmmmm passs

LOL good point!

Go no higher than trading up into the teens. the price is to high any further up the draft board.

Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
or
Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB

poydras 04-14-2010 07:21 AM

Re: Wild idea...
 
um ... the last time we did that it didn't work out very well.

Sir Psycho Sexy 04-14-2010 08:15 AM

Re: Wild idea...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WVSaint (Post 218209)
The only scenario i would like to see us trade up for is if mcclain falls to the late teens/early 20s.

As a big Bama fan I'd love to have him but not sure he'd live up to his potiental in our system. He'd be good for us, but he's a MLB for a 3-4. He's smart enough to pick up moving out left or right but he needs to be a MLB somehwere and preferably in a 3-4. My opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com