Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; It's a tough schedule, but then again we've had home games in New York and London... Played Back to Back Coast to Coast games... But the two in December are a little wanting, not to mention that we've earned a ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,273
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

It's a tough schedule, but then again we've had home games in New York and London...

Played Back to Back Coast to Coast games...

But the two in December are a little wanting, not to mention that we've earned a Turkey Day game in New Orleans and somehow Dallas is "entitled" to their home game each and every season...

Then again, it's a good thing Detroit gets a Turkey game or we'd forget there's a franchise still there...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

i actually like cowherd

and i whole heartedly agree with him

the saints are not the same team they were last year and we wont get by if we play the way we did last year

we need help stopping the run because late in the season teams figured us out

if they keep the ball out of our hands and control the clock we will win

we won early because we score points and make the other teams pass(one dimensional)......we took a step back later in the season with teams like the rams, cowboys, redskins etc that could run the ball

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
+Mod
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Between 504 & 813
Posts: 1,972
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post

we won early because we score points and make the other teams pass(one dimensional)......we took a step back later in the season with teams like the rams, cowboys, redskins etc that could run the ball
I think we took a step back to address some injuries, the injuries piled on as time went on, we had to compromise to pull off some wins and limit injuries at the sametime..
I think what Sean was doing was trying to get as much work with less damage to his starters as possible, it's an opinion of course but i believe if we had continued on like we did the latter part of the season we would have gone into the Post season with not enough weapons.

Alot of people are still feeling resentful about that loss to Dallas but Dallas was not only desperate but "NEEDED" That win to remain alive for the post season, Sean knew what was about to happen, it was either score early and sustain a lead while at the sametime backing down a bit or lose starters in a blood bath that Dallas was all but willing to dish out to the Saints, we laid down on some games because we had already been blessed into the Post season even when we didn't know if Vikings would hand us the Homefield there was nothing left to fight for really unless we wanted to risk further damaging our chances at being successful.

I think Sean and the team did the right thing, it would have just been stupid to go into some games that were basically worthless losing valuable starters by playing right into Dallas plans to ruin our chances at all just so Dallas wouldn't have bragging rights, let them have their bragging rights but guess who's dropping that banner on Sept 9th?
Saintswrath is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Originally Posted by Saintswrath View Post
I think we took a step back to address some injuries, the injuries piled on as time went on, we had to compromise to pull off some wins and limit injuries at the sametime..
I think what Sean was doing was trying to get as much work with less damage to his starters as possible, it's an opinion of course but i believe if we had continued on like we did the latter part of the season we would have gone into the Post season with not enough weapons.

Alot of people are still feeling resentful about that loss to Dallas but Dallas was not only desperate but "NEEDED" That win to remain alive for the post season, Sean knew what was about to happen, it was either score early and sustain a lead while at the sametime backing down a bit or lose starters in a blood bath that Dallas was all but willing to dish out to the Saints, we laid down on some games because we had already been blessed into the Post season even when we didn't know if Vikings would hand us the Homefield there was nothing left to fight for really unless we wanted to risk further damaging our chances at being successful.

I think Sean and the team did the right thing, it would have just been stupid to go into some games that were basically worthless losing valuable starters by playing right into Dallas plans to ruin our chances at all just so Dallas wouldn't have bragging rights, let them have their bragging rights but guess who's dropping that banner on Sept 9th?
i disagree and heres why

before the dallas game people started talking......talking about our undefeated season

sean payton said he was going to go after the undefeated season....after the colts announced they were more concerned with the post season, payton admitted that he would play to win with our starters

injuries killed us of course......but the games throughout the season you can tell....games where teams could run, we struggled......the miami game, the washington game, even the rams that were pretty terrible as evidenced by their first pick in the draft

any team that could run the ball could've beaten us and should've beaten us except for flukes like a missed field goal in the redskins game etc

we cannot win like that because teams know how to attack us now from the kickoff til the end of the game.....we will not win if we do not stop the run

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

I agree its a tough schedule and if you dont think so,,, then your blind...but if we can sure up the run D as Canton and so many have stated we will be a better team ..and you know Drew will have us in a position to win every game..Its gonna be on the D to step up to the challenge...

Last edited by strato; 04-21-2010 at 07:26 PM..
strato is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,353
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
We need help stopping the run because late in the season teams figured us out. If they keep the ball out of our hands and control the clock we will win.

Last edited by foreverfan; 04-21-2010 at 07:55 PM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,353
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
any team that could run the ball could've beaten us and should've beaten us except for flukes like a missed field goal in the redskins game etc
Don't forget the Brees INT that Meachum returned for a TD.

That was the NFL Play of the Year.

Looks like Canton's drunk again.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

[quote=foreverfan;219951]
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
We need help stopping the run because late in the season teams figured us out. If they keep the ball out of our hands and control the clock we will win./QUOTE]

you know what i meant clown
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Aww god FF..please...lol.....
strato is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,353
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Cowherd say's Saints in for a big reality check! Brutal Schedule..

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
you know what i meant clown

You talkin to me?

[IMG]http://www.mercurycatfish.com/Graphics/********.gif[/IMG]
foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cowherd

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts