Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Jahri Evans not attending workouts

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by D_it_up And, I'm glad every single post you make to a thread is condescending. most of the time i disagree with you but posts like this make me want to meet you and buy you a cold ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by D_it_up View Post
And, I'm glad every single post you make to a thread is condescending.
most of the time i disagree with you

but posts like this make me want to meet you and buy you a cold one
CantonLegend is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Guys please chill out. This is voluntary "workouts". That means the team is not even practicing together. They are working out with weights and such. The difference between Brown and Evans is huge by the way. Brown is a one time Pro Bowler coming off a serious hip injury. Evans is an All Pro and probably the best player at his position in the NFL. We will get him signed, probably to one of the highest Oline contracts ever, and he will be in training camp. Does Evans strike you as the type of guy that doesn't work out intensely on his own time? Please.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
Guys please chill out. This is voluntary "workouts". That means the team is not even practicing together. They are working out with weights and such. The difference between Brown and Evans is huge by the way. Brown is a one time Pro Bowler coming off a serious hip injury. Evans is an All Pro and probably the best player at his position in the NFL. We will get him signed, probably to one of the highest Oline contracts ever, and he will be in training camp. Does Evans strike you as the type of guy that doesn't work out intensely on his own time? Please.
brown is a 2-time pro bowler

in fact......he made the pro bowl in '08 and '06 and was an all pro in '06

there is a reason that tackles go #1 overall ALL THE TIME and a guard has never once gone first overall
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #24
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,570
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Considering we have adquate backups for Brown, I think it is justified.

Evans is the man and he doesn't get hurt.
Let's not jinx the man now.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

He made one of those two as an alternate due to an injury. Not a real Pro Bowl year in my opinion.

Really, what's the reason? Who were the two starting LT's in the Superbowl last year? Where they first round picks? Go get your shine box.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
He made one of those two as an alternate due to an injury. Not a real Pro Bowl year in my opinion.

Really, what's the reason? Who were the two starting LT's in the Superbowl last year? Where they first round picks? Go get your shine box.

do you think jonathan goodwin is going to give up his pro bowl this year? i sure as hell know i wouldnt.....if he was an alternate it means he was considered but beaten out by somebody that may have had a better year or may have had fans voting out the ass for him.......like the vikings this year

A TEAM PLAYS IN THE SUPER BOWL......NOT A POSITION

our LT this season had nothing to do with our talent AS A TEAM

our starting LT should've been brown but he was placed on IR after missing several games

could he have been back in time for the super bowl? who knows.....but i know they kept him off IR because they felt like he could come back midseason and contribute

injuries at other positions caused us to force our hands and place him on IR probably a bit premature but after missing 6 games(i think) it was probably the right decision

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

What's your freaking point??

You said there is a reason teams pick LT's and not guards in the top ten. I just proved to you that the position is no more important than LG when you have a QB like Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. Evans because of his ability to pull block on screens to Reggie and Pierre is actually MORE VALUABLE in our offense than is our LT.

And Brown was put on IR during training camp and the preseason by the way.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
What's your freaking point??

You said there is a reason teams pick LT's and not guards in the top ten. I just proved to you that the position is no more important than LG when you have a QB like Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. Evans because of his ability to pull block on screens to Reggie and Pierre is actually MORE VALUABLE in our offense than is our LT.

And Brown was put on IR during training camp and the preseason by the way.
fyi......LT is considered easily the most important position on the offensive line....thats my point.......tackles in the NFL pull on screens and swing passes as well.....stinch has made a living doing that

the fact that brown plays a more difficult position makes him more valuable to the team

and oh yea......brown was placed on IR on september 29th......2 days after our 3rd game of the season
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Yea, Brown is more valuable to the team. That's why we are working on a long term deal with Evans to make him one of the highest paid players in the NFL and we are shopping Brown around.

Makes lots of sense doesn't it. I guess Loomis and Payton are idiots again.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Jahri Evans not attending workouts

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
Yea, Brown is more valuable to the team. That's why we are working on a long term deal with Evans to make him one of the highest paid players in the NFL and we are shopping Brown around.

Makes lots of sense doesn't it. I guess Loomis and Payton are idiots again.
did loomis and payton tell you we were shopping brown?
CantonLegend is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts