Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Stop the Run!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; all u guy's are doing is bringing the bad memories before the super bowl, all those 50-60 yard runs. i know already my fan hood has been revoked. LOL...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,712
Re: Stop the Run!

all u guy's are doing is bringing the bad memories before the super bowl, all those 50-60 yard runs. i know already my fan hood has been revoked.
LOL
st thomas is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 04-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
cant repeat if we dont get better

every other team is getting better.....if we stay stagnant and get complacent then we wont get better and wont have any chance of repeating this year
According to one oddsmaker, the NFL has no clear-cut Super Bowl favorite in 2010.

Online wagering site Bodog.com has set its early lines for teams winning Super Bowl 45, and it installs the Colts, last season’s runner-up, as the top choice, at 8-1. The champion Saints are next at 9-1.

On the other end, fans of the biggest long shots—the Rams, Bucs and Bills—can back their teams at 100-1.

Online oddsmaker lists Colts as early Super Bowl favorite - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Seems like they are putting their money (odds) where their beliefs are!

These guys have no more information than any of us!

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, over, and over again...and expecting a different outcome!
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,458
Re: Stop the Run!

Wait and watch. Stop trying to predict the season. Anyone last year think we were going to make a 13-0 run?

We had injuries in key positions at various times last year. After some one broke a long run on us we made adjustments and shut them dowm. Our defense was a second half defense last year. Adjustments were made at half time and we shut the run down.

I know I was not the only one watching the games and seeing this. The big difference this past season to previous ones was making adjustments on defense.

I think with healthy corners we can load the box and stop some runs.

Until the season has started and I have some proof I'm not complaining about the Draft.
lynwood is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by biloxi-indian View Post
According to one oddsmaker, the NFL has no clear-cut Super Bowl favorite in 2010.

Online wagering site Bodog.com has set its early lines for teams winning Super Bowl 45, and it installs the Colts, last season’s runner-up, as the top choice, at 8-1. The champion Saints are next at 9-1.

On the other end, fans of the biggest long shots—the Rams, Bucs and Bills—can back their teams at 100-1.

Online oddsmaker lists Colts as early Super Bowl favorite - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Seems like they are putting their money (odds) where their beliefs are!

These guys have no more information than any of us!
2 responses to the same quote from the same person?

to what do i owe the honor?

according to breesfan27 you can have an entire conversation about this
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #25
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post

according to breesfan27 you can have an entire conversation about this
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #26
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.
Canton is mad cause we have the awards...lol
strato is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #27
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Stop the Run!

Uhmmm....yeah! Ok then....
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #28
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,712
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by lynwood View Post
Wait and watch. Stop trying to predict the season. Anyone last year think we were going to make a 13-0 run?

We had injuries in key positions at various times last year. After some one broke a long run on us we made adjustments and shut them dowm. Our defense was a second half defense last year. Adjustments were made at half time and we shut the run down.

I know I was not the only one watching the games and seeing this. The big difference this past season to previous ones was making adjustments on defense.

I think with healthy corners we can load the box and stop some runs.

Until the season has started and I have some proof I'm not complaining about the Draft.
VERY TRUE, adjustments were made to stop the hurendus long runs, but the gapping holes were never filled and they still had relatively 7-9-13 and sometimes longer third down yardage and they drug our ass for 1 st downs. it was'nt only the 50+ yardage it was shuting the run down. when porter and greer were there they ran on us, they could'nt throw. what we are trying to say is that other teams will be getting better offensively meaning staying with drives and scoring more. we have to be as good or better in 2010 it will not be the blowouts games of the past. injuries could send us packing early if we don't take the right angle on this.

GO NEW ORLEANS
st thomas is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,458
Re: Stop the Run!

I think we are starting to see the worry fever. The season hasn't started and we are now gonna lose due to a yet unforseen lack in run defense.

We started the year in the top 10 in defense. When the injuries came we started to drop.
lynwood is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Stop the Run!

Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.
it definitly wasnt an insult

just trying to prove that despite it being so blatently obvious like he had pointed out, you can still manage to carry on an entire conversation about it

which means it may not be so blatently obvious as he claims
CantonLegend is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts