Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Should Brooks one day be in Saints HOF?
Yes. 32 41.56%
No. 45 58.44%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Saint_LB For the record, the MLB HR king is not yet eligible for the HOF. I disagree. LOL Wait, we're talking about the Hits king right?...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #131
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Talking Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
For the record, the MLB HR king is not yet eligible for the HOF.

I disagree. LOL

Wait, we're talking about the Hits king right?
saintfan is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #132
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I'm not ignoring anything, and I'm not picking on you, but you brought up the 'home run king', and then what...you said it didn't relate...so why bring it up? What's the point if it doesn't relate? I mean, you did have a reason right? Explain it or leave it out of the discussion.
I did explain it. Twice. Try reading again...slowly. I even capatalized it for you. I originally said I said I wasn't comparing why Rose was not in vs why Brooks not in, yet you had to ignore this remark and make the jerk statement "when they accuse Brooks of betting on games let me know". My point is that you could have the best stats in the world (which Brooks does not), and still something may keep you out. Simple as that. That may be tough to wrap your head around, but take a tylenol and try.


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I never said Brooks was the only decent player on the squad. If that's what YOU got out of it there's not much I can do about that, but it certainly isn't what I said.
Well, you've criticized the Defense, the o-line, the coaching, and the WRs. So, you're saying it was Brooks and the kicking game that won us that playoff game then.

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
We had a crappy o-line. You Disagree?
We had a crappy defense. You Disagree?
We had, for the most part, average WR's. You Disagree?
We had questionable coaching. You Disagree?
Since you said it was the bottom line that he won us the playoff game, lets take a look at that year:

Crappy Defense...they were top 10 in yards and points. 4 pro bowlers. Yes I disagree.
Crappy O-line... they had a 1,000 yard rusher and threw for over 3,500 yards. Disagree.
Avg. WR's...as a whole yes. We did not have much outside of horn. But he was one of the best in the league that year and a pro bowler.
Questionable coaching...disagree. Haslett appeared an up and coming good young head coach at this time. It wasn't until a season or three later that he went loco.




Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I bring up Delhomme because I was here and was paying attention. Anybody that looks me in the face and tells me half the Brooks hate wasn't because we had a local boy at #2 isn't telling me the truth.
I've never spouted hate towards Brooks nor love for Delhomme. I'm simply responding to the question of HOF or not. Do you label all those that don't agree with you as haters?



Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I'll never know if Brooks gave 100%. Neither will you. What makes you think he didn't? His demeanor? How many times might he have railed on any give player on the O-Line for missing a block? How many times might he have railed on a given 2nd or 3rd tier WR for running the wrong route or dropping a pass that hit him in the hands? There is no "Yes" or "No" to your question until you can get into someone's mind, which you can't do, which is more or less my point. You CANNOT know how he felt, you can only judge him because he didn't react the way you think he should. Who died and made you the authority on sports etiquette? You are entitled to your opinion though, and I am entitled to mine. Beyond opinion we have his numbers and his accomplishments, so all things being equal...

He has the numbers. He won our first playoff game. Some people don't like his 'style'. That shouldn't keep him out of the hall because his performance on the field warranted it. His place in our record books warrants it.

I realize that none of us know. Hence I asked what you think. And you couldn't even tell me that. I'm guessing that secretly you answered "no" and went off on the obvious argument that "no one knows" in order to make yourself feel better about it.

No one died and made me an authority. No one had to die....I'm just an expert.

OK, I was joking there. But I can't buy a guy for the hall of fame when he acts like he just dosn't give a damn. Obviously you can.

I also don't buy that his stats warrant it. I don't feel like we are a strong enough franchise at the QB spot throughout our history to vote him in simply because he was our second best ever. Those stats are just not good enough because they wouldn't crack the stats of the top 50 QBs of all time and might not crack the top 100.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #133
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Who's telling you that?
2000 New Orleans Saints Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #134
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

strato is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #135
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by strato View Post
I do the same thing staring at your avatar.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #136
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Patterson, Louisiana
Posts: 1,391
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by strato View Post
I was bringing some too strat! LOL
Pete is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #137
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
I did explain it. Twice. Try reading again...slowly. I even capatalized it for you. I originally said I said I wasn't comparing why Rose was not in vs why Brooks not in, yet you had to ignore this remark and make the jerk statement "when they accuse Brooks of betting on games let me know". My point is that you could have the best stats in the world (which Brooks does not), and still something may keep you out. Simple as that. That may be tough to wrap your head around, but take a tylenol and try.
You said it, then you said it didn't matter, so I'm asking you why you said it to begin with. Your point that good players don't make the HOF for other reasons isn't hard to understand, however you're comparing Brooks to A guy that was BANNED from his sport and thus isn't in that sports HOF is kind over the top. You said it. Either back it up or don't. Is your dislike of Brooks so strong that you'd make that comparison, and if not then why did you do it?




Well, you've criticized the Defense, the o-line, the coaching, and the WRs. So, you're saying it was Brooks and the kicking game that won us that playoff game then.
No. You're logic is flawed. I did NOT say that, and in fact I never mentioned the kicking game. You just pulled that out of your azz. I HAVE said Brooks played with a less than stellar team around him though, which stats will prove...but we'll get to that...



Since you said it was the bottom line that he won us the playoff game, lets take a look at that year:

Crappy Defense...they were top 10 in yards and points. 4 pro bowlers. Yes I disagree.
Crappy O-line... they had a 1,000 yard rusher and threw for over 3,500 yards. Disagree.
Avg. WR's...as a whole yes. We did not have much outside of horn. But he was one of the best in the league that year and a pro bowler.
Questionable coaching...disagree. Haslett appeared an up and coming good young head coach at this time. It wasn't until a season or three later that he went loco.
Yep. And Brooks was the QB. A Saints "Record-Setting" one at that. Good call...we had a pretty good team that year...

Only...if you look at the Career, which by the way is what makes or breaks someone for a HOF, you'll see that over the course of Brooks' CAREER in N.O. the defense was surrendering 20+ points a game while the offense was scoring, at times, like we did last year. Take a look at the year after the Season you picked...the best season the team had while Brooks was here, or even the one after that and you'll have no choice but to say, "Oh, I get it now." LOL






I've never spouted hate towards Brooks nor love for Delhomme. I'm simply responding to the question of HOF or not. Do you label all those that don't agree with you as haters?
No, and I don't think I called you a hater. Are you a hater? I think you're taking this personally. lol





I realize that none of us know. Hence I asked what you think. And you couldn't even tell me that. I'm guessing that secretly you answered "no" and went off on the obvious argument that "no one knows" in order to make yourself feel better about it.
I did tell you what I think, but for the sake of Clarity I'll tell you yet again. Brooks won our first playoff game and his stats are worthy. The fact that you don't seem to think he gave a hundred percent isn't something you can measure, while we CAN measure his numbers and take a look at the team around him OVER HIS CAREER and logically say we might have won more had we been able to stop anyone. You're argument against that is to pull stats from the ONE season we made the playoffs. LOL.

No one died and made me an authority. No one had to die....I'm just an expert.
Better think again...

OK, I was joking there. But I can't buy a guy for the hall of fame when he acts like he just dosn't give a damn. Obviously you can.
What if it had been Delhomme with our first playoff win and Brooks' numbers over the same span. Jake is a whiner. He screams at his teammates and the refs every chance he gets. He pouts his way off the field. It's obvious he's upset. I guess then that had it been Jake or some other 'angry-acting' QB you'd be all for it? WTF?

I also don't buy that his stats warrant it. I don't feel like we are a strong enough franchise at the QB spot throughout our history to vote him in simply because he was our second best ever. Those stats are just not good enough because they wouldn't crack the stats of the top 50 QBs of all time and might not crack the top 100.
How much you wanna bet the other 32 teams have guys in their HOF's that aren't top 50 or top 100 or hell even top 10? 10 bucks? A hundred? Wanna look that up? Oh, and you have to use their whole career, not just one game or one season.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #138
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,787
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
No !!! Just SAY NO. Lets end this right now
i two dat dat.
st thomas is offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #139
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,787
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

i don't and will not deny that brooks brought happiness to a million fans for the playoff win. but i admit i voted no. reason, can everyone remember after that big fat contract signing by aaron he flat out just quit running. and running was the savior in a lot of his wins along with his passing. to me thats when the sacks and fumbles increased. the hustling stopped .so that was a big factor in my vote.
st thomas is offline  
Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #140
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
i don't and will not deny that brooks brought happiness to a million fans for the playoff win. but i admit i voted no. reason, can everyone remember after that big fat contract signing by aaron he flat out just quit running. and running was the savior in a lot of his wins along with his passing. to me thats when the sacks and fumbles increased. the hustling stopped .so that was a big factor in my vote.
It certainly appeared that way...and that's not the first time I heard somebody say that. Good point, st...would rep you if it would let me.
Saint_LB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/26724-should-aaron-brooks-make-saints-hall-fame-one-day.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day? This thread Refback 06-11-2010 08:02 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts