Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: Should Brooks one day be in Saints HOF?
Yes. 32 41.56%
No. 45 58.44%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka He pissed a lot of people off, including me. It's bad enough a Saints player goes over to enemy territory, but a Saints quarterback and local boy...thats just not right. And a lot of people ...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #181
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,211
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
He pissed a lot of people off, including me. It's bad enough a Saints player goes over to enemy territory, but a Saints quarterback and local boy...thats just not right. And a lot of people still have not forgiven, nor will they ever forgive him for that.
Eh, I was hissed but I'm over it. Heck, he's gotta make a living. LOL He's just colorful you know? I'd like to bar hop with him.
saintfan is online now  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #182
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
huh?

are you by any chance my second wife?

Fine. I guess my verbosity was too much for you to handle. I remember you going off about being offended by someone's racy avatar. It offended your values instilled by Jesus or Zeus or whichever sky goblin you follow. And you were trying to stop people from saying/showing something they liked, I just said I found the notion offensive. Since I'm obviously not going to be able to get past your hypocrisy to reach your reason let me just reduce it to a "screw you" and move on.

Screw you.

And, moving on...



Originally Posted by strato View Post
LOL...i dont see why we lost rep..thats kinda unfair..
Not really.


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
How much you wanna bet the other 32 teams have guys in their HOF's that aren't top 50 or top 100 or hell even top 10? 10 bucks? A hundred? Wanna look that up? Oh, and you have to use their whole career, not just one game or one season.
So, since other teams have allowed shabby players into their HoF we should too, instead of trying to make it an institution for our GREAT players. You work for the government, don't you?


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
We had a GOOD offense with Brooks, and we typically needed to outscore people because in general our defenses weren't that good.
No, we typically needed to outscore people due to MATHEMATICS! A GOOD defense can allow 3 points a game, and guess what, we still need to outscore the other team to win.


Originally Posted by skymike View Post
good thread. lively discussion. seems like a crazy topic on the surface, but then you think again.

I wouldnt call Brooks mediocre. Think of the times we WISHED we had someone with his ability. Had he lived up to his potential, there's no telling how far we could have gone.
This is why Brooks should not be in. He didn't have ability, he had UNTAPPED potential.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #183
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

LOL ...the Memnoch strikes again....
strato is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #184
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,530
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Memnoch_TP View Post
This was directed at SkyMike...

Fine. I guess my verbosity was too much for you to handle. I remember you going off about being offended by someone's racy avatar. It offended your values instilled by Jesus or Zeus or whichever sky goblin you follow. And you were trying to stop people from saying/showing something they liked, I just said I found the notion offensive. Since I'm obviously not going to be able to get past your hypocrisy to reach your reason let me just reduce it to a "screw you" and move on.

Screw you. And, moving on...
Obviously you don't know the real SkyMike. Did he pee on your fence?

This thread has FIVE STARS, 182 posts and 2300 views.
At this pace, it will easily break a record.

Last edited by foreverfan; 06-10-2010 at 09:00 AM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #185
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Obviously you don't know the real SkyMike. Did he pee on your fence?

This thread has FIVE STARS, 182 posts and 3300 views. At this pace, it will easily break a record.
I really don't understand what is offensive about ff's question. Could someone please enlighten me. (not trying to be a jerk here...I really don't get it.)
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #186
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,530
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #187
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,211
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Memnoch_TP View Post

So, since other teams have allowed shabby players into their HoF we should too, instead of trying to make it an institution for our GREAT players. You work for the government, don't you?
Billy Kilmer is in our HOF. In four seasons the threw 11, 17, 17, and...wait for it...17 interceptions. Do you even KNOW who is in our HOF? Not being #1 does not equal shabby - or did YOUR sky god tell you different? Maybe you need a definition of terms? Then again, I don't really think it's that hard...for most people anyway.

No, we typically needed to outscore people due to MATHEMATICS! A GOOD defense can allow 3 points a game, and guess what, we still need to outscore the other team to win.
That's the dumbest and probably the most short-sighted antagonistic thing I've read in at least the last 10 posts. Care to guess how many games we won 6-3? Can I get a "DOUCHEBAG" from the congregation? Maybe you can go back and look at the points given up by our Defense while Brooks was here - and get back to me on how many times we allowed 3 points a game. Ignorance is bliss ain't it?


This is why Brooks should not be in. He didn't have ability, he had UNTAPPED potential.
He had the 'ability' to do many things, and did those things quite well, and as the team around him diminished so too did his numbers and the fortunes of those teams. Manning, Kilmer, and Hebert. I wonder if Manning had the potential to do great things only his position on some horrible teams didn't allow for it? That's where you judge Brooks, unless you're just being an -sucker, which begs the question...If you are so offended by this thread that your drop by everyone's profile and ding them rep, why are you even posting in this thread?

Long Walk. Short Pier. Have a nice ing day, tard.


I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!

Last edited by saintfan; 06-10-2010 at 11:15 AM..
saintfan is online now  
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #188
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,731
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
He pissed a lot of people off, including me. It's bad enough a Saints player goes over to enemy territory, but a Saints quarterback and local boy...thats just not right. And a lot of people still have not forgiven, nor will they ever forgive him for that.
he would be the first one to tell you man-chea itt twas a bussiness descission. not to hiss off my fans
st thomas is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #189
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Billy Kilmer is in our HOF. In four seasons the threw 11, 17, 17, and...wait for it...17 interceptions. Do you even KNOW who is in our HOF? Not being #1 does not equal shabby - or did YOUR sky god tell you different? Maybe you need a definition of terms? Then again, I don't really think it's that hard...for most people anyway.
On the Saints, not being #1 DOES equal shabby, for the most part.

Also, Billy Kilmer being in shouldn't mean Brooks should get in, it means Kilmer should be kicked out.


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
That's the dumbest and probably the most short-sighted antagonistic thing I've read in at least the last 10 posts. Care to guess how many games we won 6-3? Can I get a "DOUCHEBAG" from the congregation? Maybe you can go back and look at the points given up by our Defense while Brooks was here - and get back to me on how many times we allowed 3 points a game. Ignorance is bliss ain't it?

Saint Michael is right, you do love answering questions that weren't asked and responding to statements that were not made.

I never said we ever won any games 6-3. "Our defense was so bad we typically had to outscore the other team to win" is a retarded statement. There is NOTHING shortsighted about saying you ALWAYS need to outscore the other team to win. But, if you don't know that, I will take you on your word that ignorance is bliss. You seem to be an expert on the subject of ignorance, so I won't argue that.


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
He had the 'ability' to do many things, and did those things quite well, and as the team around him diminished so too did his numbers and the fortunes of those teams. Manning, Kilmer, and Hebert. I wonder if Manning had the potential to do great things only his position on some horrible teams didn't allow for it? That's where you judge Brooks, unless you're just being an -sucker
Archie was being held back by the incompetence of his teams. AB's teams were being held back by the incompetence of AB.


Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
which begs the question...If you are so offended by this thread that your drop by everyone's profile and ding them rep, why are you even posting in this thread?

Long Walk. Short Pier. Have a nice ing day, tard.

Because the responses to the subject are interesting. I never said it was so offensive it made my skin crawl and just hearing AB and SHOF in the same sentence was akin to hearing nails on a blackboard. I just said it was offensive.

If you don't like it when people who disagree with you take away Rep points, talk to Halo about it. I didn't put the system in. Don't blame me for that. I didn't make anyone say anything I didn't agree with. If everyone is that worried about a Rep point they should just not post anything at all, and no rep will ever be removed from them.


PS, you get -1 rep for calling me a -sucker and a tard.

Not because I care about you calling me names, but because you didn't have the balls to actually call me the names without the censor marks. Some people talk the talk without walking the walk. You can't even talk the talk!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -- Douglas Adams.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #190
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,211
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by Memnoch_TP View Post
On the Saints, not being #1 DOES equal shabby, for the most part.

Also, Billy Kilmer being in shouldn't mean Brooks should get in, it means Kilmer should be kicked out.
Well big fella it doesn't work that way. One day, when you own the team, you can kick people OUT of the HOF, only I hope you got more than your argument here so far.

Saint Michael is right, you do love answering questions that weren't asked and responding to statements that were not made.

I never said we ever won any games 6-3. "Our defense was so bad we typically had to outscore the other team to win" is a retarded statement. There is NOTHING shortsighted about saying you ALWAYS need to outscore the other team to win. But, if you don't know that, I will take you on your word that ignorance is bliss. You seem to be an expert on the subject of ignorance, so I won't argue that.
You missed the expression I suppose, which is WIDELY used as a way of saying a given team can't stop anybody. Is this your fist year watching football? The problem here, which is also an issue with SM, is you twist or ignore the obvious as a way to further your own point, which is what, exactly? I mean, we either DID or we DIDN'T have to put up points in buckets because we were generally unable to stop people. You agree with that or you disagree with that? Answer minus the spin, if you can, otherwise have a seat over there somewhere out of everyone's way.

Archie was being held back by the incompetence of his teams. AB's teams were being held back by the incompetence of AB.
I must have missed all those games where Aaron was playing defense. It's pretty clear to just about anyone who's willing to take an honest look that our defense was the problem - the main reason for those 3, 7, and 8 win seasons. Brooks numbers don't really tell the story you'd like them to tell. You're probably aware of that, and I can recognize that after you show your in a thread like you have done in this one it's extremely difficult to admit. Don't worry. We know. It's ok.


Because the responses to the subject are interesting. I never said it was so offensive it made my skin crawl and just hearing AB and SHOF in the same sentence was akin to hearing nails on a blackboard. I just said it was offensive.

If you don't like it when people who disagree with you take away Rep points, talk to Halo about it. I didn't put the system in. Don't blame me for that. I didn't make anyone say anything I didn't agree with. If everyone is that worried about a Rep point they should just not post anything at all, and no rep will ever be removed from them.
I could give a crap about rep points. I just thought it was kinda funny that you'd go to so much trouble in a thread that was "SO" offensive to you and yet here you are still...amusing yourself is it? I bet you do a lot of that in your spare time.


PS, you get -1 rep for calling me a -sucker and a tard.

Not because I care about you calling me names, but because you didn't have the balls to actually call me the names without the censor marks. Some people talk the talk without walking the walk. You can't even talk the talk!
I censor because kids (like you - only with better parents I'm starting to think) come here too. Would you like me to PM you with the uncensored names? Would you feel better then? You could take more rep and get a really nice buzz off that too huh? Eh, you can't take more rep can you? You've already done that. You may actually have to devise a real argument now huh? I guess you're pretty much screwed. LMAO

Oh, you're still a -sucker and a tard...and you're also an -hole too. How much minus rep is all that worth?


I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!

Last edited by saintfan; 06-10-2010 at 06:10 PM..
saintfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/26724-should-aaron-brooks-make-saints-hall-fame-one-day.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day? This thread Refback 06-11-2010 07:02 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts