Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal
View Poll Results: Should Brooks one day be in Saints HOF?
Yes. 32 41.56%
No. 45 58.44%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Whether he "smiled" or not has nothing to do with anything. What do you want your QB to do after a mistake? Lay down and cry himself to sleep? Bear in mind I loved Hebert, and his passion. But I ...

Like Tree23Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #51
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Whether he "smiled" or not has nothing to do with anything.
What do you want your QB to do after a mistake? Lay down and cry himself to sleep? Bear in mind I loved Hebert, and his passion. But I realize people are different, and have differing ways of dealing.

If those stats are considered that off-tha-charts, then I should change my vote to "yes."

He certainly did display a great deal of talent in his early tenure with the Saints, and he seemed to have most of the tools you need, except, perhaps-- and this is just my opinion-- leadership?

From a talent standpoint, and the rare accomplishment of winning a playoff game for us, I'd have to say yes.

I just dont like the guy, because of his indifference to New Orleans itself after the storm. He went out of his way to say that playing here was just a job, and that he wasnt in any way responsible for the emotional leadership of the Gulf Coast. Contrast that with the statements of Drew Brees, who has accepted his importance to our psyche during good times and bad.
papz likes this.

Last edited by skymike; 06-01-2010 at 06:43 PM..
skymike is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #52
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,515
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Whether he "smiled" or not has nothing to do with anything.
What do you want your QB to do after a mistake? Lay down and cry himself to sleep? Bear in mind I loved Hebert, and his passion. But I realize people are different, and have differing ways of dealing.

If those stats are considered that off-tha-charts, then I should change my vote to "yes."

He certainly did display a great deal of talent in his early tenure with the Saints, and he seemed to have most of the tools you need, except, perhaps-- and this is just my opinion-- leadership?

From a talent standpoint, and the rare accomplishment of winning a playoff game for us, I'd have to say yes.

I just dont like the guy, because of his indifference to New Orleans itself after the storm. He went out of his way to say that playing here was just a job, and that he wasnt in any way responsible for the emotional leadership of the Gulf Coast. Contrast that with the statements of Drew Brees, who has accepted his importance to our psyche during good times and bad.
So put SkyMike down for an offhanded Yes.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #53
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,193
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
It's not as cut and dried as that. We surely had problems on D. But we all (old enogh) saw the lack of focus, silly plays, and lazy demeanor Brooks had during his tenure. Compare that to the way Manning played and Drew currently does. When it comes to Focus, desire, and intensity, guys like Mills, Martin, Jackson, Manning, Breese, and Roaf demonstrated it. Brooks did not.
It isn't that I disagree with the spirit of your post, but then there is no HOF criteria set in stone. Joe Horn left on a bad note for our hated enemy and he's in the Saints HOF (as I believe he should be), so shouldn't that matter?

There were some bad plays, but the good FAR outnumbered the bad regardless of the fact that people (some, many, but not all) latched on to them in a way to promote their argument for Delhomme, and everyone can say what they want, 50% of the Brooks hate (likely more) was because we had a local guy at #2 that everyone wanted so badly to believe was better.

FACT is Brooks was a talented QB with a sub-standard D, an underachieving O-Line, mediocre WR's, etc. Given a better D and who knows. Had he not been required to run backwards at the immediate snap of the ball more often than not, who knows? In this case, the numbers don't lie. Brooks was not a malcontent. If his numbers warrant it (and I think they do) I don't think he should be kept from the Saints HOF just because he didn't pout and whine after every bad play - I personally like the fact that he laughed it off so many times. It was refreshing when help up against the "Wah wah wah they bumped the WR I always lock on to" crap I saw from Delhomme week after week after week.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #54
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,515
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
"Zooey Deschanel was not created by normal genetic means. Instead, she is a roving wet dream cut loose from the mind of God and set free to drift through the world of lesser mortals." - Unknown
Dude? Are you serious? We all know who wrote this.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #55
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,193
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Dude? Are you serious? We all know who wrote this.
I didn't write it, God as my witness, even though I WOULD have written it or something similar if I hadn't found it first.

Zooey love. It's what's for dinner.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #56
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Saintfan is full O' crap about many things, but he is completely right about Zoooey. The girl is an outstanding specimen of womanness. I dont see how any man could not want her.

This is a good discussion, and a most provocative topic.

Change my answer back to "no," because I reserve the right to consider character and intangibles in my judgement. You cant compare his effort to that of a Rickey Jackson.

Feel free to tell me why I am full O' crap, and I will put it in my hat and smoke it.

Last edited by skymike; 06-01-2010 at 07:07 PM..
skymike is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #57
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,515
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Saintfan is full O' crap about many things, but he is completely right about Zoooey. The girl is an outstanding specimen of womanness. I dont see how any man could not want her.
Yea... he wasn't smart enough to write that.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #58
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,193
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Yea... he wasn't smart enough to write that.
I am the bringer of Zooey love to this here forum, and one day I shall be rewarded.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #59
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

you shall indeed, my son. you have served your purpose well.
skymike is offline  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #60
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,515
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day?

It's the only reason you got any REP points. LOL

foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/26724-should-aaron-brooks-make-saints-hall-fame-one-day.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Should Aaron Brooks make the Saints Hall of Fame one day? This thread Refback 06-11-2010 07:02 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts