Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend chris johnson, AP, steven jackson, deangello williams, thomas jones, ladanian tomlinson, maurice jones drew, ray rice, cedric benson, jonathan stewart, ronnie brown, michael turner, marion barber, frank gore......heck even people were starting to believe that PT ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #21
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Killeen, TX....Born in Marrero, LA
Posts: 582
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
chris johnson, AP, steven jackson, deangello williams, thomas jones, ladanian tomlinson, maurice jones drew, ray rice, cedric benson, jonathan stewart, ronnie brown, michael turner, marion barber, frank gore......heck even people were starting to believe that PT wasnt even the best RB on our team when mike bell filled in and led the team in rushing over the majority of the season

the problem you have is that you love the saints so much that it clouds your picture of reality

PT showed me that he was a good back....he didnt prove me wrong because i didnt say he was terrible.....all i said was that i needed to see more of him.....he showed me that he can carry the rock and he does it well

however, to say that he deserves top 10 money.....even top 15 to 20 money is probably stretching it

there are some RBs that have to share the backfield with another guy....and both of them are better than PT

Bingo! Great Points. PT is good. Making great plays and being a great back are 2 different things!!
LBCutta is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #22
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 194
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

I don't think Pierre deserves "Top" money based on the fact of the Saints evenly dispensed workload. In my opinion, he belongs in the top 10 RB's list.... but you have to consider the depth of this offensive counterparts. It's a shame because he's proven to be one of the most reliable, hard working and overachieving players on the O... and after 3 minimum wage years, justice should see him with a lucrative contract, but, as much as I think he should be compensated, I've seen too many players loose their drive at this point in their careers..... where they overexert themselves up until landing nice job security and decline after. I can't predict Pierre would slouch at any point, I think it's in his nature to go all out... but you never know, and injuries are always a factor. This is something Loomis has to account for.

I would like to see him as a Saint as long as he's showing up on the field like he has, and specific dollars required to make it happen don't really concern me, but you have to remember, off the field it's all a business.

I don't think he'll see Steven Jackson type dollars because isn't Jackson like 90% of the Rams productivity Steven Jackson is also more or less the (much needed) face of the Rams.... we all know that field value and marketing value can be accounted for on separate terms.

I think Pierre shows Emmit Smith type instincts and downhill running shiftiness, Marion Barber style hard running and tackle breaking and Marshall Faulk qualities in the passing game.... and the amount of heart, can't be measured.
HintOfLogic is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,881
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

How come no body replies to my post. ):
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #24
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Hong Kong China
Posts: 62
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

You're Lady Friend is distracting ...
WW_Who_Dat is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #25
Got a problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,477
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

he didnt prove me wrong because i didnt say he was terrible
Come on now.
papz is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #26
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Originally Posted by HintOfLogic View Post
I don't think Pierre deserves "Top" money based on the fact of the Saints evenly dispensed workload. In my opinion, he belongs in the top 10 RB's list.... but you have to consider the depth of this offensive counterparts. It's a shame because he's proven to be one of the most reliable, hard working and overachieving players on the O... and after 3 minimum wage years, justice should see him with a lucrative contract, but, as much as I think he should be compensated, I've seen too many players loose their drive at this point in their careers..... where they overexert themselves up until landing nice job security and decline after. I can't predict Pierre would slouch at any point, I think it's in his nature to go all out... but you never know, and injuries are always a factor. This is something Loomis has to account for.

I would like to see him as a Saint as long as he's showing up on the field like he has, and specific dollars required to make it happen don't really concern me, but you have to remember, off the field it's all a business.

I don't think he'll see Steven Jackson type dollars because isn't Jackson like 90% of the Rams productivity Steven Jackson is also more or less the (much needed) face of the Rams.... we all know that field value and marketing value can be accounted for on separate terms.

I think Pierre shows Emmit Smith type instincts and downhill running shiftiness, Marion Barber style hard running and tackle breaking and Marshall Faulk qualities in the passing game.... and the amount of heart, can't be measured.
Well said HOL. Sometimes I disagree with your point of view but I totally agree with this.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #27
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Originally Posted by WW_Who_Dat View Post
You're Lady Friend is distracting ...
now i understand my doggie better.
skymike is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #28
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,453
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
chris johnson, Yep
AP, yep
steven jackson, yep
deangello williams, about equal
thomas jones, about equal
ladanian tomlinson, not even close anymore
maurice jones drew, don't think so
ray rice, uh-uh
cedric benson, kidding right?
jonathan stewart, Yep, you're kidding
ronnie brown, maybe
michael turner, LOL!
marion barber, Equal
frank gore, maybe
Pretty good list, but I disagree with about 1/2 of it. Especially when you consider all the skills you originally listed.
Danno is online now  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #29
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
chris johnson, AP, steven jackson, deangello williams, thomas jones, ladanian tomlinson, maurice jones drew, ray rice, cedric benson, jonathan stewart, ronnie brown, michael turner, marion barber, frank gore......heck even people were starting to believe that PT wasnt even the best RB on our team when mike bell filled in and led the team in rushing over the majority of the season

the problem you have is that you love the saints so much that it clouds your picture of reality

PT showed me that he was a good back....he didnt prove me wrong because i didnt say he was terrible.....all i said was that i needed to see more of him.....he showed me that he can carry the rock and he does it well

however, to say that he deserves top 10 money.....even top 15 to 20 money is probably stretching it

there are some RBs that have to share the backfield with another guy....and both of them are better than PT
First time in my life i agree with Canton. it was hard to admit...
Speedy Ron is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #30
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Re: What makes anyone think Pierre deserves top money?

Pierre is a running back by commitee specialist. he couldnt be the feature back because he cant do everything some of the other guys can do. the only person he is better than on Cantons list is cedric benson. i still wish we would have gotten michael turner when we had the chance.

i do however think PT is a good back. i just think he is crazy thinking he wants that type of money. our team will stay a top team when we have alot of good players rather than a handful of superstars.
Speedy Ron is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/26746-what-makes-anyone-think-pierre-deserves-top-money.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-02-2010 10:10 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts