Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Maybe we need a new kicker.....

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Of course it is. And so were the one's against Minnesota... and he missed those too. Don't put the game in the hands of a kicker unless necessary. It was 1st down and we were driving ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,816
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Of course it is. And so were the one's against Minnesota... and he missed those too.

Don't put the game in the hands of a kicker unless necessary. It was 1st down and we were driving it easily.
ya or could have fumbled or been int later, whats your best %'s as a coach?

kick it , its easy

he missed, but I agree with the call.
pherein is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 09-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #42
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
When Payton opted to kick on 1st down, I was happy...didn't want to take a chance on a fumble or a pick. When he missed, I changed my mind.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #43
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,752
pound the rock till the clowns stop us, thats all i expected from coach. pound pt. till we are 4th down or td the hell with kicking it. we saw what could have happened from the last few games. and guess what were 2-1 not a crucial 3-0 and still ahead of the clowns. my take any way.
st thomas is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #44
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,816
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
pound the rock till the clowns stop us, thats all i expected from coach. pound pt. till we are 4th down or td the hell with kicking it. we saw what could have happened from the last few games. and guess what were 2-1 not a crucial 3-0 and still ahead of the clowns. my take any way.
hartley should have made that kick, its that simple
pherein is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #45
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,826
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
When Payton opted to kick on 1st down, I was happy...didn't want to take a chance on a fumble or a pick. When he missed, I changed my mind.

Hindsight is 20/20.
But considering, the odds of him missing the kick were better than a fumble or pick.

I'd rather have the ball in Brees' hands for 3 more plays than a shaky kicker for one.
Danno is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #46
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,816
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
But considering, the odds of him missing the kick were better than a fumble or pick.

I'd rather have the ball in Brees' hands for 3 more plays than a shaky kicker for one.
your taking about a shaky kicker that made a clutch kick in the NFC champs game. I mean there is a 95% or more that most kickers make that kick.
pherein is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #47
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
But considering, the odds of him missing the kick were better than a fumble or pick.

I'd rather have the ball in Brees' hands for 3 more plays than a shaky kicker for one.
I didn't consider him shaky until after today. He kicked us into the SB...and didn't he kick the winning kick only last week?
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #48
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,933
Blog Entries: 44
I have to say, regardless of the circumstance, I'm a little "shakey" when it comes to Hartley this season.

He just has not looked as solid as last season.

Yes he won it for us last week, but as someone pointed out, that kick looked tipped.

He could be our weakness this season.
Halo is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,752
its hard to believe that payton lost faith in us holding on to the ball. it was a rookie he trusted to put in the game. ivory loss it. okay thats ivory not pt not evans not betts. on the other hand hartly missed more than we put the ball on the ground. and he went hartly and we missed it and were mad because of it. and it will all go away next week. but we can be upset. and should we bring in another kicker.
st thomas is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #50
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,826
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I didn't consider him shaky until after today. He kicked us into the SB...and didn't he kick the winning kick only last week?
He missed 40% of his FG's before today.

I'd call that shaky.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts