Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

We need to face the fact that we wont have HFA.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by papz Although it would be nice to get HFA during the playoffs, I'm not overly concerned if we don't. Make it to the playoffs first and let our talent take care of the rest. Look at my ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #21
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Although it would be nice to get HFA during the playoffs, I'm not overly concerned if we don't. Make it to the playoffs first and let our talent take care of the rest.

Look at my "Interesting on Hartley" thread.. We do not want HFA .. LOL
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #22
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 516
I agree with 504 and a couple others; if Atlanta beats Tampa this weekend the division is over. Seattle and Carolina (twice) will not beat Atlanta. Unfortunately some of the games we lost early in the year to inferior teams are coming back to bite us. However, this team is made of champions and we are very capable of making it back to the Super Bowl as a wild card. The Steelers in 05-06 and the Giants in 07-08 recently won Super Bowls and wild cards. I believe if we're playing well we can beat any team at home or on the road.
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,677
if we take care of our stuff and win out we could be pulling away from the falcons and have a great chance at HFA thru-out; in the weeks 13, 15, the games for the clown's are not givens. in week 13 if tampa can play error free ball which is highly unlikely, they can beat the falcants. they need no turnovers and a couple by ryan. now the game i said a while back that the clown's won't win is in week 15 in seattle. hasselbeck has shot to clean the clown's clock's in this jet lagged game. then we do our bussiness in week 16.
saints 13-3
clowns 11-5
tampa- who gives a s#%t

GO NEW ORLEANS
st thomas is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richland, MS.
Posts: 1,815
Bottom line is the Saints do indeed have to take care of their own business. Whatever else happens just happens. The Saints played a nice stretch before getting sloppy against the Cowboys, have to get that nice stretch rolling again and everything will be fine.
MatthewT is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,064
Blog Entries: 1
We win the rest of our games and we will. The only other things that need to happen is the Packers lose 1 more, Atlanta gets beat by us and lose this weekend to the Yuks and the Bears lose 1 game. I think all of these things have a fairly high probability of happening.
CheramieIII is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,984
Good job Papz. Your attention is appreciated.
Danno is online now  
Old 11-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #27
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 299
Originally Posted by LivnaLieTimay View Post
I agree with 504 and a couple others; if Atlanta beats Tampa this weekend the division is over. Seattle and Carolina (twice) will not beat Atlanta. Unfortunately some of the games we lost early in the year to inferior teams are coming back to bite us. However, this team is made of champions and we are very capable of making it back to the Super Bowl as a wild card. The Steelers in 05-06 and the Giants in 07-08 recently won Super Bowls and wild cards. I believe if we're playing well we can beat any team at home or on the road.

My thoughts exactly LivnaLie ... If Atlanta wins at Tampa Bay on Sunday, we can kiss the Division Crown goodbye. That will make our job harder, but not insurmountable. So we face Atlanta in the Georgia Dome for the NFC Championship. They are hard to beat at home, as evidenced by the fact that we were the last team to do it. We will do it twice more this season.
TopCow is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,889
Originally Posted by TopCow View Post
My thoughts exactly LivnaLie ... If Atlanta wins at Tampa Bay on Sunday, we can kiss the Division Crown goodbye. That will make our job harder, but not insurmountable. So we face Atlanta in the Georgia Dome for the NFC Championship. They are hard to beat at home, as evidenced by the fact that we were the last team to do it. We will do it twice more this season.
I disagree as I stated in my deleted thread. I guess it got wiped out because of being connected to other stuff. Anyway, Atlanta has been fortunate to win at home. They have struggled on the road. I would not be surprised at all to see them fall to Seattle. In fact, I'll call it now.

As for Carolina, stranger things have happened. This week the Bucs have a good shot at taking them down. I would not be shocked to see them drop two of three. Then, if we take care of our business wee have home field.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 76
The Saints could lose all the rest as well as the Falcons. You just never know. Look how the Falcons played the 49ers or how the Saints played the Cowboys. If either team looked as far ahead as you guys do they would have the Bills record.
cablebandit is offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
Originally Posted by skymike View Post
We also needed to face the fact Thursday, when Roy Williams caught that pass that we werent going to beat the Cowboys.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Bluto is on a roll!!
Budsdrinker is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts