New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   How is it (http://blackandgold.com/saints/30801-how.html)

73Saint 11-30-2010 05:39 PM

How is it
 
That the play Jenkins makes in the Dallas game doesn't even make the top ten plays of the week on ESPN?

Look, I get the fact that we are not the media darlings everyone likes to talk about, and I like flying under the radar. But, C'mon, this is ridiculous. We are the Superbowl Champs. How can this play possibly be overlooked by everyone involved in putting that segment together?

Jenkins, you are the man, and I love you bro! It's really a shame, for our players' sake, that we don't get the credit our team deserves. It's effing BS.

73Saint 11-30-2010 05:45 PM

That's good to know, I voted for it there. Still doesn't change my point.

pherein 11-30-2010 05:57 PM

No idea, He missed his mark, ran down the receiver and stripped the ball. When does that ever happen?

B_Dub_Saint 11-30-2010 06:17 PM

Because the play happened on Thurs and they forgot about us. Screw it, we will just have to prove the naysayers wrong again this year.

st thomas 11-30-2010 06:29 PM

its the same reason you see every terrible team playing on sunday and monday nights instead of the world champions. they have already forgot but thats fine with me.

|Mitch| 11-30-2010 06:35 PM

Their to busy praisin' Matt Ryans name, like he's found the cure for cancer or something.

pherein 11-30-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 266096)
its the same reason you see every terrible team playing on sunday and monday nights instead of the world champions. they have already forgot but thats fine with me.

I agree, I didn't want the press for us, we don't need it to fill our egos, Jenkins made a great play and it deserved to be noticed.

73Saint 11-30-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pherein (Post 266104)
I agree, I didn't want the press for us, we don't need it to fill our egos, Jenkins made a great play and it deserved to be noticed.


Exactly.

73Saint 11-30-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Dub_Saint (Post 266095)
Because the play happened on Thurs and they forgot about us. Screw it, we will just have to prove the naysayers wrong again this year.


But there were TWO plays from the Detroit, New England game, so you really can't make the Thursday argument.

Beastmode 11-30-2010 07:20 PM

If Dallas made that play you wouldn't hear the end of it. I will say that if he had returned it for a TD there is no way that is not the play of the year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com