Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Houston Area Fans, Show Our Strength

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CashAndFlash Ragin Cajun has the best food in Houston, but the owners are *****s. You're from louisiana? Oh that's nice. I'm a texan now. **** you. That was the attitude I got. Actually that sounds a lot ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #21
Pope Ed I
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by CashAndFlash View Post
Ragin Cajun has the best food in Houston, but the owners are *****s. You're from louisiana? Oh that's nice. I'm a texan now. **** you. That was the attitude I got.
Actually that sounds a lot like the place we used to go...

Everyone at Ragin Cajuns has been more than nice to us.
SuperDome is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
I should be able to make it this week....only saw the last 4 minutes of the Cincy game
willdownload is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #23
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 294
It's too bad we are all splitting up over this.

I understand the issues at the old place but I think any business is going to have issues with something a large Saints crowd does.

I'm staying at the Woodrow's for the foreseeable future. I'm not looking for kid friendly because I am decidedly not kid friendly. In fact, my language during the game probably generated complaints from the folks with kids who sat near me.

I like having a good time. I stand for the whole game. I make lots of noise and dance when the trumpet guy plays. I like the Who Dat! chant at top volume.

I drink during the game and get obnoxious in a friendly way. If I wanted to watch the Saints in a quiet sit down setting with excellent food I would never have turned off my Sunday Ticket. The food we make at the Gumbeau Household far exceeds anything you can find in Houston.

I want a rowdy bar with 100+ saints fans. That's what Woodrow's is. I'll leave when it isn't that and find someplace that is.

I checked out Ragin Cajun on a non-game day and it doesn't seem like the kind of place that would tolerate what is tolerated upstairs at Woodrow's. I travel for a living and have been to many different Saints bars.

Woodrow's is by far the best. Peanut Farm in Alaska has a good crowd but they are very tame. Black Magic in San Francisco could be close but it is tiny and its in San Francisco.

I turn down 2nd row free tickets in the Superdome for Woodrow's. For me Woodrow's is more fun (For the game itself). I have a table to stand at with no one shouting at me to sit down. My whiskey comes to the table and I have friends to enjoy the game with.

I hate that it comes to this. I really do. Last year at Woodrow's was unforgettable. Hartley's kick was an amazing moment. It would be very hard for me to give up on the place I was at that moment.

Somebody be a ball out hero
gumbeau is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #24
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,907
Its cool, Gumbeau, I understand where you're coming from, and I look forward to hanging with you and the Mrs. again soon, as there will be some post-game partying at my house coming soon --- you are very much invited.

Kids isnt actually the issue anymore for me, as mine arent little anymore. You're not saying anything I dont say at home, and they're big enough to stay home, although I like raising them right and ingraining some healthy WhoDat'ism in them. All they had to do was tell us, and I personally made sure all kids were leashed, which is exactly what we did.

Ragin Cajun actually was pretty rowdy Sunday, and I dont think they'd kick anyone out for standing or cursing. We have our own section, and they're also giving us the patio.

My problem with W's was the mgr going off on Ed, and getting this "bouncer" attitude with us. I got the vibe that it was our privilege to be there. I've spent much $$, gave them much advertising, and brought many other folks there, and so has Ed. Once they go off on Ed, I'm done with them. You would have been pi$$ed too, if you saw it.

Too many competitors out there who will be glad to have us. Ragin Cajun has already produced a list of specials for us. Its great being appreciated.

We'll see you again soon, no worries.

Originally Posted by willdownload View Post
I should be able to make it this week....only saw the last 4 minutes of the Cincy game
good to hear from you, brotherman. That boy sure is getting big.

Last edited by skymike; 12-10-2010 at 08:41 AM..
skymike is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,458
My plans to make it to the Dome for the came won't come to fruition. I have another commitment that I can't get out of. Hopefully we will be able to make it to Rajin's for the game.

What's nice is there are multiple places to go to fit your game personality. Since I have kids I would want a kid friendly place that didn't have "over the top" cursing. If it's just the Wife and I don't really care. My biggest comparison between the two places is obviously woodrows is larger and loud and festive on game day due the the size and diversity of the crowd. Also very busy. The last time I was at Woodrows it was hard to get service.

Ragin's was smaller but more intimate. Very festive for the crowd size. It was nice to have familiar people from the Board to enjoy the game with and a couple of people that looked like regulars joined us and seemed to appreciate the increase in noise and comraderie.
Our Hostess/server was always checking on us and polite and food did not dissappoint. I was overstuffed. I don't think I ever drank as many Turbo Dogs in one sitting. Can't get Turbo Dog at Woodrows. Thanks Mike for sharing a few with me.

Did anyone talk to the Manager after the game and Thank them for the hospitality and get a feel of what they thought about their new sunday bunch?
lynwood is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #26
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by lynwood View Post
The last time I was at Woodrows it was hard to get service.
Thats has been a complaint of ours for years. The girls there are great, there's just not enough of them.

I did talk the the mgr. at Ragin Cajun sunday to say thanks, and he was, as I said, very appeciative of us.

And you're right, the regulars there enjoyed our presence. One of the guys there, Brent, was actually a moderator on this board once! Another guy in the back was here from the Storm. The 2 tables of people from Lafayette was SUPER COOL. I dont know what I was doing that cracked those ladys up, but we had fun. I'll have to make it a point to bring more wedding cake from my gigs in the future.

I'm bringing the DJ system for the Ravens game, and we'll "Stand Up & Get Krunk." etc. And you'll also hear some very interesting sound bytes from Saints history. Im gonna kick in some Jim Henderson & maybe even some Hebert'isms (I know when to play & when to keep cool.) oh oh oh... if somebody can stream WWL, I could put up the pregame over my speakers. huh? huh? yeah!

Its looking good for us.

Last edited by skymike; 12-10-2010 at 09:45 AM..
skymike is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Pope Ed I
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 79
Wink

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Thats has been a complaint of ours for years. The girls there are great, there's just not enough of them.

I did talk the the mgr. at Ragin Cajun sunday to say thanks, and he was, as I said, very appeciative of us.

And you're right, the regulars there enjoyed our presence. One of the guys there, Brent, was actually a moderator on this board once! Another guy in the back was here from the Storm. The 2 tables of people from Lafayette was SUPER COOL. I dont know what I was doing that cracked those ladys up, but we had fun. I'll have to make it a point to bring more wedding cake from my gigs in the future.

I'm bringing the DJ system for the Ravens game, and we'll "Stand Up & Get Krunk." etc. And you'll also hear some very interesting sound bytes from Saints history. Im gonna kick in some Jim Henderson & maybe even some Hebert'isms (I know when to play & when to keep cool.) oh oh oh... if somebody can stream WWL, I could put up the pregame over my speakers. huh? huh? yeah!

Its looking good for us.
I get the BIG 870, news, sports, SAINTS radio, on my iPhone...no problem!
SuperDome is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
Pope Ed I
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 79
Wink Try it you'll like it...

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Its cool, Gumbeau, I understand where you're coming from, and I look forward to hanging with you and the Mrs. again soon, as there will be some post-game partying at my house coming soon --- you are very much invited.

Kids isnt actually the issue anymore for me, as mine arent little anymore. You're not saying anything I dont say at home, and they're big enough to stay home, although I like raising them right and ingraining some healthy WhoDat'ism in them. All they had to do was tell us, and I personally made sure all kids were leashed, which is exactly what we did.

Ragin Cajun actually was pretty rowdy Sunday, and I dont think they'd kick anyone out for standing or cursing. We have our own section, and they're also giving us the patio.

My problem with W's was the mgr going off on Ed, and getting this "bouncer" attitude with us. I got the vibe that it was our privilege to be there. I've spent much $$, gave them much advertising, and brought many other folks there, and so has Ed. Once they go off on Ed, I'm done with them. You would have been pi$$ed too, if you saw it.

Too many competitors out there who will be glad to have us. Ragin Cajun has already produced a list of specials for us. Its great being appreciated.

We'll see you again soon, no worries.

good to hear from you, brotherman. That boy sure is getting big.
I actually didn't take the remark as bad as SkyMike did...but it was the last straw. I haven't seen such stupidy since I was standing with the players families outside of the locker room in the bowels of the Metrodome and the police came along to tell us that there was a "riot" outside and we would have to leave...uh, really? You want us out of the stadium where the riot is, really, REALLY? To borrow a twin cities classic...uff da!

Guys let me tell you...Ragin Cajun can be just as rowdy...and you are made to feel like a guest. They are really enjoying the fact that we are pumping up the crowd of usuals that they already had. Hey, ever been to a Tulane home game? Guess you thought that the Superdome was pretty tame, eh? No, it is the people that make the excitement! It is the Hou-Dats that bring the noise!
Stay at the old place (I won't use the name out of respect of all the good times) but to paraphrase Davy Crockett, "Y'all (the old place) can go to hell, I'm going to the Ragin Cajun!"
SuperDome is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #29
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 294
Y'all hook up a webcam for the STL for comparison purposes.
gumbeau is offline  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by SuperDome View Post
...Ragin Cajun can be just as rowdy...and you are made to feel like a guest. They are really enjoying the fact that we are pumping up the crowd of usuals ... No, it is the people that make the excitement! It is the Hou-Dats that bring the noise!
It is what we make it. You know me. Im not sitting around for somebody else to start. Im there. Its a party.
Originally Posted by gumbeau View Post
Y'all hook up a webcam for the STL for comparison purposes.
hey, you know seriously, someone should have a laptop at each place, and we can keep up with the game day threads. I cant do it, cuz my laptop is full of my musics.

btw, nice FLAGS last Sunday. Bring more!

btw, you've GOT to see my new sign I had made for my DJ system. Its coming with me for the Ravens game. (see attached) Looks something like this. Its coming with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar of skymike bizcard.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2520  

Last edited by skymike; 12-10-2010 at 05:58 PM..
skymike is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts