New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   VIDEO: Football Gameplan's Week 14 Preview Video - Saints vs Rams (http://blackandgold.com/saints/31002-football-gameplans-week-14-preview-video-saints-vs-rams.html)

FootballCEO 12-08-2010 06:20 AM

Football Gameplan's Week 14 Preview Video - Saints vs Rams
 

Good Morning B&G!! Thanks for all of the feedback and support!! Enjoy the Video!

Em

Saintswrath 12-08-2010 06:36 AM

As always a very very good Preview, keep this going..
I do have to say Bush however was limited on touches, im thinking because the coach is working him slowly into the gameplan again, he'll be fully into by the time we reach our two most important games of the season which is Atlanta and Buc's which is ironically our last games..
I think we'll see only little more use out of Bush this next game..
Pierre Thomas will also most likely be getting some touches so we're going to be testing out some guys that has virtually no tape this season, we may also inherit Darren Sharper which will obviously enhance our defense.. We're going to need it because Ram's can get in the air when they need to, if we can eliminate their air and ground game we can seal the deal early.
All they have to do is get Drew on the field and keep him on the field as much as possible and there's not much Rams can do, im worried about Drew's Int ratio but we seem to be working through those pick 6's by responding quickly.

FootballCEO 12-08-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintswrath (Post 268090)
As always a very very good Preview, keep this going..
I do have to say Bush however was limited on touches, im thinking because the coach is working him slowly into the gameplan again, he'll be fully into by the time we reach our two most important games of the season which is Atlanta and Buc's which is ironically our last games..
I think we'll see only little more use out of Bush this next game..
Pierre Thomas will also most likely be getting some touches so we're going to be testing out some guys that has virtually no tape this season, we may also inherit Darren Sharper which will obviously enhance our defense.. We're going to need it because Ram's can get in the air when they need to, if we can eliminate their air and ground game we can seal the deal early.
All they have to do is get Drew on the field and keep him on the field as much as possible and there's not much Rams can do, im worried about Drew's Int ratio but we seem to be working through those pick 6's by responding quickly.

Thanks SaintsWrath!! The good thing that you mentioned is the fact that the Saints are getting healthier as the year progress...and at the right time too. Having a full stable of backs is only going to help the entire offense. Now, its up to defense to get off the field on 3rd down, otherwise it could be a long day

darstep 12-08-2010 09:09 AM

Good analysis. St. Louis has some good talent which means we are going to have to show up and PLAY the game to win it. Our front seven took a step back last week and we can count on getting a heavy dose of Steven Jackson this week. Not just in the running game but as Sammies safety valve when nothings open. That means linebacker coverage - Shanle needs to get an oil change and some new plugs for this week. I hope our front7 can take care of Jackson and our DB's don't have to tackle him 7-10 times - that takes a lot out of a cover guy. We will need to get pressure on Bradford...I say that only because we didn't do it last week against Palmer and didn't do it against Kitna two weeks ago. We can't let Jackson go off, AND allow this young kid to stand in the pocket and make a name for himself against the defending champs. We should make it look like the Monday night game. Working PT and Reggie back in the offense is a good thing, but working Ivory like a mule is a better thing. 10-12 play drives with a 5ypc back 15-20 carries will grind this team to a pulp and keep our defense fresh. I'm not saying allow Colston, Meachem, Moore, and Shockey to fall asleep, I'm saying make their jobs easier by forcing the Rams to honor the box. This should not be another nail biter. We need to play in the moment, protect the ball and soundly put this win in the books.

FootballCEO 12-08-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darstep (Post 268106)
Good analysis. St. Louis has some good talent which means we are going to have to show up and PLAY the game to win it. Our front seven took a step back last week and we can count on getting a heavy dose of Steven Jackson this week. Not just in the running game but as Sammies safety valve when nothings open. That means linebacker coverage - Shanle needs to get an oil change and some new plugs for this week. I hope our front7 can take care of Jackson and our DB's don't have to tackle him 7-10 times - that takes a lot out of a cover guy. We will need to get pressure on Bradford...I say that only because we didn't do it last week against Palmer and didn't do it against Kitna two weeks ago. We can't let Jackson go off, AND allow this young kid to stand in the pocket and make a name for himself against the defending champs. We should make it look like the Monday night game. Working PT and Reggie back in the offense is a good thing, but working Ivory like a mule is a better thing. 10-12 play drives with a 5ypc back 15-20 carries will grind this team to a pulp and keep our defense fresh. I'm not saying allow Colston, Meachem, Moore, and Shockey to fall asleep, I'm saying make their jobs easier by forcing the Rams to honor the box. This should not be another nail biter. We need to play in the moment, protect the ball and soundly put this win in the books.

Thanks Darstep!!! Look for the Saints to exploit the OLBs for the Rams with the Short Passing Game/Off Tackle Running.. they are hurting on the edges right now.

Rugby Saint II 12-09-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strato (Post 268267)
Good Job Emory!..i agree with your analysis and much better job with the presentation this week...I'm worried about Jackson and them exploiting our weakness against the TEs in coverage as well..

I watched Bradford his whole career being a U.T fan ..and your right if pressure him up the middle he struggles a lot more than flushing him out of the pocket...when we get to him we have to wrap up ..he can be elusive and is pretty dam accurate ..

I think we can run the ball on them and also the screen pass with success..I'm hoping they start to they cheat up to the line to stop the run and we can exploit that secondary they have...

Thanks again great job!

You are so right about our LBers struggling in coverage. Well mostly Shanle.

RaginCajun83 12-09-2010 05:14 PM

Saints should try to blow out every team in the 1st quarter, not just a team full of young players

FootballCEO 12-09-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strato (Post 268267)
Good Job Emory!..i agree with your analysis and much better job with the presentation this week...I'm worried about Jackson and them exploiting our weakness against the TEs in coverage as well..

I watched Bradford his whole career being a U.T fan ..and your right if pressure him up the middle he struggles a lot more than flushing him out of the pocket...when we get to him we have to wrap up ..he can be elusive and is pretty dam accurate ..

I think we can run the ball on them and also the screen pass with success..I'm hoping they start to they cheat up to the line to stop the run and we can exploit that secondary they have...

Thanks again great job!

Thanks as always Strato!! Their DL is similar to the Saints DL.. One thing that's important is the special teams aspect.. Amendola is a guy that can make something out of nothing in the Return game..so ST has to be flawless

RaginCajun83 12-09-2010 06:29 PM

Good job again

Halo 12-09-2010 06:39 PM

thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com