Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Officiating

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; pisstivity hahaha.... cmon now....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 AM   #11
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
pisstivity

hahaha.... cmon now.
skymike is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,889
I thought it was pretty fair. Plus we won the game. Let's face it guys, our team commits a lot of penalties.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,036
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
I thought it was pretty fair. Plus we won the game. Let's face it guys, our team commits a lot of penalties.
Watch Smith getting held on virtually every snap on the replay tonight and then reassess whether or not you think it was called fairly.

1) You have to be (a) focused exclusively on Bushrod and (b) looking to nitpick to call him for the false start that wiped out our first go ahead touchdown.

2) Conversely, you have to be purposefully and specifically ignoring or otherwise simply refusing to call at least one holding call on Atlanta when they held on more or less every offensive snap they took.

Oh no. That game was not called fairly.
saintfan is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
I thought it was pretty fair. Plus we won the game. Let's face it guys, our team commits a lot of penalties.
Yes, they do committ a lot of penalties, but there were some penalties there were outright mockeries!!!
saint1966 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Watch Smith getting held on virtually every snap on the replay tonight and then reassess whether or not you think it was called fairly.

1) You have to be (a) focused exclusively on Bushrod and (b) looking to nitpick to call him for the false start that wiped out our first go ahead touchdown.

2) Conversely, you have to be purposefully and specifically ignoring or otherwise simply refusing to call at least one holding call on Atlanta when they held on more or less every offensive snap they took.

Oh no. That game was not called fairly.
What time is the replay? Is it on the NFL Network? The "old man" told me he wished we recorded the game, but I rather record it on replay since there are virtually no interruptions.
saint1966 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,036
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by saint1966 View Post
What time is the replay? Is it on the NFL Network? The "old man" told me he wished we recorded the game, but I rather record it on replay since there are virtually no interruptions.
9:15 tonight Eastern Time on the NFL Network.
saintfan is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,661
Question

Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
I thought it was pretty fair. Plus we won the game. Let's face it guys, our team commits a lot of penalties.
I'm not saying the Saints don't commit penalties.

But damn,if the refs are only going to call one penalty on Atlanta, why bother?
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
tell you what i hated seeing. the vikings were robbed last night by replay. #18 clearly made a perfect endzone catch, got his feet in, but was robbed by super slo-mo which showed the ball wiggling several atoms the size of an amoeba's balls .0000003 of a half inch, which they said meant he didnt have control. He caught the damn thing, and ended up with it. In the back yard, thats a freakin catch. Replay did exactly the same thing to Eric martin in 1988. Proves my point that all replay is, besides a delay of game, is a 2nd chance for the refs to screw up.

this is a wacky opinion, and nobody will agree with me, but we lived for years without it, and did fine. i know Im crazy. I also dont need a helmet to ride a bicycle.
skymike is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 165
I can do nothing but agree entirely about these calls. I'm particularly steamed about the no-call on that blatant PI against Lance in the endzone. It happened the exact say way that the call on Porter did. Difference? They didn't give us our call. Falcons never stood a chance. We dominated them if you take the picks and penalties into account. We own that nest, and come postseason, we're gonna crush any hopes they have of playing in Dallas.
BringTheWood is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,404
The dirtybirds should realize we did everything possible to lose the game and still beat them. They should be worried about their playoff run.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts