New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Colston Rumor(confirmed) (http://blackandgold.com/saints/31609-colston-rumor-confirmed.html)

Danno 12-30-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashAndFlash (Post 274945)
any news on Ivory?


FULL PARTICIPATION!!!!!!!!!

Unleash the Beast!!!

RailBoss 12-30-2010 04:00 PM

Colston always draws double coverage this is not the best news.

niteadept 12-30-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailBoss (Post 274959)
Colston always draws double coverage this is not the best news.

Probably means Bush will draw more which will leave Meachem, Henderson, Moore and Graham open. And if we have Ivory back, there's no way anyone can contain him, PT and the rest of the gang. Brees doesn't have one go to guy and there is never any way of knowing which man to double coverage with the majority of our guys back in. That's what happens when you have a Drew Brees vs the other "I can only throw to one or two guys on my team" qbs. Get Well Colston!! We need you as well!!

AsylumGuido 12-30-2010 04:32 PM

Relax people. Colston's "surgery" was as minor as a scope could be. Much less intrusive than a meniscus tear.

"The most significant thing here is that coach Sean Payton said Colston had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday to clean out some “loose bodies’’ in his knee. Payton said he’s not ruling Colston out for Sunday. As strange as that might sound, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. There have been many cases of athletes returning within days of minor clean-up surgery. But you have to think the Saints, who already have clinched a playoff berth, might rest Colston just to be safe. They’re very deep at receiver and they activated receiver Adrian Arrington off the practice squad today."

Colston had most likely been playing with chips in the for a while and they simply chose now to clean it up to be at his max come playoffs. He could no doubt play this weekend if they felt he was needed. No way he isn't back for the first playoff game.

:bng:

AsylumGuido 12-30-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 274972)
Relax people. Colston's "surgery" was as minor as a scope could be. Much less intrusive than a meniscus tear.

"The most significant thing here is that coach Sean Payton said Colston had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday to clean out some “loose bodies’’ in his knee. Payton said he’s not ruling Colston out for Sunday. As strange as that might sound, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. There have been many cases of athletes returning within days of minor clean-up surgery. But you have to think the Saints, who already have clinched a playoff berth, might rest Colston just to be safe. They’re very deep at receiver and they activated receiver Adrian Arrington off the practice squad today."

Colston had most likely been playing with chips in the for a while and they simply chose now to clean it up to be at his max come playoffs. He could no doubt play this weekend if they felt he was needed. No way he isn't back for the first playoff game.

:bng:

Oh, here's the link:

Checking injuries that matter most

RaginCajun83 12-30-2010 04:37 PM

Rest him this week, Saints are going to need him in the playoffs. Sean even said he could go if needed this week proves how minor the surgery was, get well Colston, the offense isn't the same without you

skymike 12-30-2010 04:39 PM

colston draws 3 guys on every play. mc + reggie = 6 players covering.
:D

skymike 12-30-2010 04:40 PM

and actually, this sucks. When did Colston get hurt? I had no idea.

ok, if they've activated Arrington, and Roby is on IR, thats 1 guy in, and 2 guys out. Whos the other addition?

Cory9289 12-30-2010 04:42 PM

^ = tight end fun :P

dizzle88 12-30-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niteadept (Post 274962)
Probably means Bush will draw more which will leave Meachem, Henderson, Moore and Graham open. And if we have Ivory back, there's no way anyone can contain him, PT and the rest of the gang. Brees doesn't have one go to guy and there is never any way of knowing which man to double coverage with the majority of our guys back in. That's what happens when you have a Drew Brees vs the other "I can only throw to one or two guys on my team" qbs. Get Well Colston!! We need you as well!!

Agreed, the one thing i will look for however is to see if Lance Moore gets doubled, that started to happen when he got all his TD's in the middle of the season. He was doubled vs the cowboys.
As you pointed out though, we still have too many weapons to stop;

Love me some Jimmy Graham - what a beast he is, an he's only a rookie, he is only going to get better.
Lance Moore is always Lance Moore
Devery might see some more throws come his way, last year he worked the middle of the field, i'm happy he can do that again.
Reggie will draw 2 or 3 Defenders at a time, Pierre's heart on every play speaks for itself.
Time to see what the kid Arrington can do, he looked good in preseason, but welcome to the big time now adrian.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com