New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Positives and Negatives (http://blackandgold.com/saints/31683-positives-negatives.html)

Crusader 01-02-2011 03:36 PM

Positives and Negatives
 
+ Reggie Bush had a really good game today. North-south running and mostly good decicions. Makes me wonder if one of the problems with him is not getting enough snaps running the football. 70yds on 9 carries without having a really long one.

+ Adrian Arrington first game as a pro and all he does is leads one of the leauges best passing attacks with 7 catches for 79yds.

+ Jeff Charleston in the mix again making a big play. I get the feeling we will see more and more of him not only this year but also next.

+ Garret Hartley had a rough start to the season but has responded well and been really solid as of late.

+ Will Smith is getting held, all the time and are still making plays. Had a nice sack and are showing good form for the playoffs. Was blatantly held on that secon Bucs TD which prevented him from making the play.


- Drew Brees has not looked really sharp as of late. I know I'ma catch a lot of flak for puting him as a negative but he's not playing up to his capacity right now. Balls seems to sail on recievers or be too short. And the INTS just keep coming - is this the Madden Curse?

- Gregg Williams was one of the big reasons why the Saints won the SB last year transforming a underachieving defence into a beast. Right now the defence looks vanilla without bringing any real pressure or geting turnovers like last year. He needs to pull som aces out his sleeve come the wildcard game.

- Julius Jones had the kind of day that gets a 4th string RB cut in the offseason. 2 receptions for 5 yards, 4 carries for 6 yards and a key fumble that had the momentum of the game swing.

|Mitch| 01-02-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
+ Reggie Bush had a really good game today. North-south running and mostly good decisions. Makes me wonder if one of the problems with him is not getting enough snaps running the football. 70yds on 9 carries without having a really long one.

I think he is finally getting back to 100% healthy


Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
+ Adrian Arrington first game as a pro and all he does is leads one of the leagues best passing attacks with 7 catches for 79yds.

Yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
+ Jeff Charleston in the mix again making a big play. I get the feeling we will see more and more of him not only this year but also next.

Yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
+ Garret Hartley had a rough start to the season but has responded well and been really solid as of late.

Yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
+ Will Smith is getting held, all the time and are still making plays. Had a nice sack and are showing good form for the playoffs. Was blatantly held on that second Bucs TD which prevented him from making the play.

Yep!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
- Drew Brees has not looked really sharp as of late. I know I'ma catch a lot of flak for putting him as a negative but he's not playing up to his capacity right now. Balls seems to sail on receivers or be too short. And the INTS just keep coming - is this the Madden Curse?

That one int today was all on Moore, and he has proven he can win regardless of mistakes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
- Gregg Williams was one of the big reasons why the Saints won the SB last year transforming a underachieving defense into a beast. Right now the defense looks vanilla without bringing any real pressure or getting turnovers like last year. He needs to pull some aces out his sleeve come the wild card game.

I believe the vanilla defense play-calling was by design. Don't want to give up too much for film study...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 275825)
- Julius Jones had the kind of day that gets a 4th string RB cut in the off season. 2 receptions for 5 yards, 4 carries for 6 yards and a key fumble that had the momentum of the game swing.

Can't argue with this...

iceshack149 01-02-2011 04:04 PM

Don't forget Porters offsides on the FG kick. And Greer is still getting beat on some big plays. That ugly mix up with Porter and Robinson allowed the Bucs to get a big gain. So the secondary as a whole was sub par in my book. I sure hope that Jenkins isn't too badly hurt.

Cant' really fault Brees on that interception with Moore falling down (Good tackle by Moore on that play). Still, Brees is great when he's not playing his best.

I was disgusted by this game. It was hard to watch with bad play calling, poor play and injuries.

Reggie played very well. I haven't seen that player since last year.

CheramieIII 01-02-2011 04:07 PM

Only positive is we already had the 5th see locked up and the Falcons won so the game was really meaningless unless you consider every game is important to the attitude of the team and more so for the fans. You need momentum going into the playoffs and that we do not have said Yoda

WhoDat!656 01-02-2011 04:09 PM

Agree with most of your points.

Jones was getting cut anyway, along with Betts. The Saints have Bush, PT, Ivory & Hamilton.

Defense could have moved up to tutti-frutti without showing too much. They almost played like the Baltimore game.

The one Brees interception was due to Moore slipping, but he still seems to be out of sync, compared to last year.

FireVenturi 01-02-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheramieIII (Post 275836)
Only positive is we already had the 5th see locked up and the Falcons won so the game was really meaningless unless you consider every game is important to the attitude of the team and more so for the fans. You need momentum going into the playoffs and that we do not have said Yoda

Most teams need momentum, we didnt need it last year. It would have been great to end the season with a W, but oh well. A different way for us to do it this year. How great would it be to knock ATL out of the playoffs in their own stadium?!?!?!?!?!

WhoDat!656 01-02-2011 04:28 PM

Falcants cake walk is over. I want the Saints to beat them in the NFCC game; they would cry over that more than the Vikings fans did!

At least the grounds crew will have the off-season to get all the bird droppings off the field.

breesfan27 01-02-2011 04:52 PM

11-5 regular season.
Secured Wild Card spot in the playoffs.
Defending champions of the NFL.

Hard to feel anything other than satisfied. :bng:

saintsfan1976 01-02-2011 05:15 PM

Positive: The regular season is over and we're in the playoffs.

SaintFanQ 01-02-2011 05:19 PM

Lets be honest! Today's game was always going to be like a pre-season game! I don't think there were many people, including some Panthers fans, that thought the Panthers would win today and so it proved to be.

It hard to get motivated about a game that means virtually nothing, especially when the Saints can see the score of the Panthers game in the dome and realise they are getting hammered!

I'm absolutely certain that next week you will see a Saints team so fired up that if you happened to get any where near them you would feel the heat from 10 yards away! Just hope the injuries are not too serious!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com