Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Hello to the Saints fans

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by breesfan27 Welcome to the forums, Seahawks fan. My boyfriend's dad is from Seattle, and is a HUGE Hawks fan. He told me that if New Orleans beats Seattle, I'm forbidden from marrying his son. Go figure. Anywho. ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
Welcome to the forums, Seahawks fan. My boyfriend's dad is from Seattle, and is a HUGE Hawks fan. He told me that if New Orleans beats Seattle, I'm forbidden from marrying his son. Go figure.

Anywho. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Just don't root for the Falclowns.
Thanks for the welcome.

Whoah that's pretty serious about your boyfriend's Dad I hope he was just kidding!

SeahawksFan is offline  
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #42
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by GoSeahawks View Post
To the person(s) that was treated badly by Seahawks fans in the past: I would like to apologize for your treatment. Most Seahawk fans are usually pretty mild mannered (a bunch of liberals and dope smokers, remember ) and I'm surprised some other Seahawk fan didn't step in on your behalf. Really, though, as with every team (even the Saints) we have our "bad" fans and our "good" fans. It has been my experience that most Seahawk fan are the "good" type.
I agree most Seahawks fans don't yell at the opposing team's fans, they prefer to direct their energy toward yelling at the opposing TEAM itself on the field, so that they can't hear a dang-blasted thing!

SeahawksFan is offline  
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #43
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,103
Hey Seahawks Fan Congrats on making the playoffs. I'm calling in sick to watch the game. Plus I hope next week too.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #44
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
Hey Seahawks Fan Congrats on making the playoffs. I'm calling in sick to watch the game.
Sounds like a good plan dude. These moments don't come along very often in life!
SeahawksFan is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #45
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 841
hawks fan..let me ask you a question. I moved to seattle in 98. it was the last year you guys played in the king dome.( I think) You guys couldnt give tickets away with a free fill up of gas, then you guys finally put a team together and the hawks fans were crawling out of the woodwork. The business I was in provided me the opportunity to be introduced to many hawks fans, that literally hated the team....now, your all die hards....are you one of them? I find it very upsetting that SO MANY hawk fans treated our ENTIRE family like **** every game we went to,(including the preseason game at husky stadium several years ago) your franchise sucks about as much ass as ours did, yet you guys all of the sudden have a right to treat other fans of teams like crap???..Ive been home to New Orleans for several games over the years and never witnessed any abuse to visiting fans like your fan base does. Its really really pissed me off over the years. Ive been to 11 different stadiums to watch my saints play over the years and yours has been THE WORST experience to date...what gives a worthless franchise the right to treat people the way we have been treated?? its not like your the steelers, heck ...even the browns have won a superbowl havent they? at least they have the right....
Belair57 is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #46
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,745
Seatle is a nice city. Seahawks are nice birds.

Nice to meet you.

GoSaints!!!!!!!!!!!!
OldMaid is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #47
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 841
old maid...........seahawks taste like chicken......
Belair57 is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #48
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Originally Posted by OldMaid View Post
Seatle is a nice city. Seahawks are nice birds.

Nice to meet you.

GoSaints!!!!!!!!!!!!
^this
skymike is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #49
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,056
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by SeahawksFan View Post
It's my feeling that most Seahawks fans don't care. If it po's the NFL so much the better since they stole the SB XL from us on purpose.

Also, it's not the first time an NFL team went to the playoffs sub-.500. There were several teams that did it in the 1982 strike season.

Finally, we had a winning record in '78, '79, '86, '90, and '01 but didn't qualify for the playoffs, so I guess this evens it out a little.
I was kinda looking for an answer like this. Hell if it were the Saints we would take it too! I won't wish you good luck, well you know why but welcome once again and tell the guys over at your forum no hard feelings just alot of hard hits to be had Saturday Night!
CheramieIII is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #50
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by Belair57 View Post
hawks fan..let me ask you a question. I moved to seattle in 98. it was the last year you guys played in the king dome.( I think) You guys couldnt give tickets away with a free fill up of gas, then you guys finally put a team together and the hawks fans were crawling out of the woodwork. The business I was in provided me the opportunity to be introduced to many hawks fans, that literally hated the team....now, your all die hards....are you one of them? I find it very upsetting that SO MANY hawk fans treated our ENTIRE family like **** every game we went to,(including the preseason game at husky stadium several years ago) your franchise sucks about as much ass as ours did, yet you guys all of the sudden have a right to treat other fans of teams like crap???..Ive been home to New Orleans for several games over the years and never witnessed any abuse to visiting fans like your fan base does. Its really really pissed me off over the years. Ive been to 11 different stadiums to watch my saints play over the years and yours has been THE WORST experience to date...what gives a worthless franchise the right to treat people the way we have been treated?? its not like your the steelers, heck ...even the browns have won a superbowl havent they? at least they have the right....
Seahawks played in the Kingdome through the 1999 season, Coach Holmgren's first year. If you remember the Seahawks not drawing well in 1998 I can tell you one thing. The 90s were a nightmare for the Seahawks after Chuck Knox left. We had a terrible owner named Ken Behring who tried to sabotage the team on purpose so they would be bad, and he could then move them to Los Angeles without too much resistance.

Luckily Paul Allen came to the rescue and saved the Seahawks, hired Dennis Erickson (who was a little better than Tom Flores), and got to work on getting the new stadium. But it took some time to turn the franchise around from the damage that Berhing had done.

When Holmgren arrived he really started turning things around (playoffs his first season). Then the new stadium was ready for the '02 and things really started taking off. I think as long as Paul Allen is the owner the Seahawks are going to be a perpetual player. He wants a winner for the city.

As far as the Seahawks and Saints history comparison, the Seahawks had a winning record in years 3 & 4 of the franchise, and went to the playoffs in year 8 (winning a game at home, and one on the road - ahem - in Miami). They have 11 playoff appearances and a .478 all-time winning record. They have won their division 5 of the last seven years, and 6 of the last 12.

The Saints did not have a winning record until year 20, the same year of their first playoff appearance (loss). They did not win a playoff game until year 33. They have an all-time won-loss record of .428 with 8 overall playoff appearances. They have still not won a playoff game on the road.

Yes the Saints got a Super Bowl win before the Seahawks, but that is only because the NFL stole the SB XL from us on purpose in Feb. 2006. In order to play favorites to the Steelers.

I am sorry to hear that you feel like you had a bad experience when attending a Seahawks game.

Btw, no the Browns have not won a Super Bowl, but they did win several NFL championships prior to the Super Bowl era.
SeahawksFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts