Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Are we missing Grant???

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Mr Magic What are we against the run? I would bet it's not top 15. 16th allowing 112.3 yards per game average...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,934
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
What are we against the run? I would bet it's not top 15.
16th allowing 112.3 yards per game average
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
The defense is much better this year than last year. The only difference is the lack of turnovers or actually the ability to hold on to the ball. We have had several dropped INT chances and just like the Dallas game the defense forced 5 fumbles and we didn't recover a single one. Last year we also benefited by playing against several rookie QB's whereas we only played against 2 this year and what happened in those games turnovers. Now another to consider in the turnover ratio is Drew has thrown 12 more pics than last year too.

Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,450
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
Brown gets mauled/blown up in the run game. Charleston does also. Baltimore kept both on their arses all night. I agree our OLBs are subpar. They can't defend a back screen to save their lives.

I guess you haven't watched Porter and Greer the past few weeks? Greer is getting beaten by everyone and Porter is a pass interference penalty ready to happen.
So when you say "getting abused all year" you really mean the last few weeks?

OK, gotcha.
Danno is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,934
we're 4th in pass defense, allowing 193.9 yards a game. Porter & Greer + the rest of the secondary can't be doing too bad or we would be ranked way lower...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 3,983
I hate to say it but Greer got owned by two rookies at WR for Tampa bay, and mike Williams in Seattle. I love the guy but he needs to step up, porter seems to be sometimes one step behind alot always is just chasing after the catch is made. They are great, but not playing up to their potential.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,450
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
we're 4th in pass defense, allowing 193.9 yards a game. Porter & Greer + the rest of the secondary can't be doing too bad or we would be ranked way lower...
True, I'm a bit surprised by all the exaggerations. Its starting to feel like SR.com
Danno is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 528
No we are not missing Charles Grant. The Falcons passed on him after we released him. The Bears tried him out as well and after one game, they released him. The reason the Saints are not getting turnovers this year is because the Saints went from being the 25th ranked defense last season to being the 4th ranked defense this season. They are not getting turnovers because they are getting a lot more three and outs from opposing teams, which functions the same way as a turnover.
ClintSaints is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,547
Too many games the Qb looks very comfortable in the pocket. Even when we blitz there isn't enough pressure. When you have this problem corner backs tend to get embarrassed a lot. Ever notice that when opposing QBs do have run out of the pocket the only one chasing them is Will Smith?
Boutte is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 516
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by ClintSaints View Post
No we are not missing Charles Grant. The Falcons passed on him after we released him. The Bears tried him out as well and after one game, they released him. The reason the Saints are not getting turnovers this year is because the Saints went from being the 25th ranked defense last season to being the 4th ranked defense this season. They are not getting turnovers because they are getting a lot more three and outs from opposing teams, which functions the same way as a turnover.
Like this, but the three and outs functioning like a turnover would be better if they were mostly converted to 6 pts. I don't have a problem with 3 n out, but I do have a problem when our offense doesn't make the most of it. Best of both worlds - defense holds them to 3 and out or pick 6 and then when offense is on the field, we get another 6. Will Smith should continue pretending the offense is his wife. That way he can't be charged and someone else takes his wrath.
niteadept is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
Got a problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,477
Originally Posted by ClintSaints View Post
No we are not missing Charles Grant. The Falcons passed on him after we released him. The Bears tried him out as well and after one game, they released him. The reason the Saints are not getting turnovers this year is because the Saints went from being the 25th ranked defense last season to being the 4th ranked defense this season. They are not getting turnovers because they are getting a lot more three and outs from opposing teams, which functions the same way as a turnover.
This. It's kind of sad as he once was a pretty solid football player... now he's fallen off the face of the earth. Wherever he may be now, I'm pretty sure his bank account is still fat and he's eating really well.
papz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts