New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   What do you think of Sean Payton moving to Dallas? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/32361-what-do-you-think-sean-payton-moving-dallas.html)

ClintSaints 02-08-2011 12:20 PM

What do you think of Sean Payton moving to Dallas?
 
So it appears as though much hay has been made over Sean Payton wanting to raise his family in North Texas and not New Orleans. Here is my take on the matter: Sean Payton is the best thing that ever happened to the New Orleans Saints and I think that we as fans would be silly to alienate him over wanting to raise his family somewhere else. Three playoff runs out of five years as head coach and a Super Bowl victory to boot automatically make him one of the very best coaches in the NFL today.

We must also keep in mind that Sean Payton lived in Dallas for three years before arriving in New Orleans and even inquired about keeping his home base in Dallas when he was negotiating for the Saints' post. I say this: as long as he remains effective as our head coach, who are we to criticize him over where he wants to raise his family?

st thomas 02-08-2011 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=ClintSaints;284562]So it appears as though much hay has been made over Sean Payton wanting to raise his family in North Texas and not New Orleans. Here is my take on the matter: Sean Payton is the best thing that ever happened to the New Orleans Saints and I think that we as fans would be silly to alienate him over wanting to raise his family somewhere else. Three playoff runs out of five years as head coach and a Super Bowl victory to boot automatically make him one of the very best coaches in the NFL today.


CLINT, i don't disagree with u at all i voted it bothered me because i know the end is near, 1,2,3, years who knows but its coming and the man loves challenges and he will find another one coming soon. and i would back anyone up who would like to better them selves in any job market.

Danno 02-08-2011 12:39 PM

I think his wife liked Dallas better than New Orleans

AsylumGuido 02-08-2011 02:15 PM

Scott van Pelt made a great observation on his show today. There are no state taxes in Texas. If he maintains a Texas based home as a primary residence (ie. kids in school and such) his tax savings would be huge.

Danno 02-08-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 284574)
Scott van Pelt made a great observation on his show today. There are no state taxes in Texas. If he maintains a Texas based home as a primary residence (ie. kids in school and such) his tax savings would be huge.

He still has to pay Louisiana Income Tax due his employer being located in Louisiana.

gocowboysgo 02-08-2011 03:03 PM

I doubt he's leaving the Saints anytime soon. Maybe when the Saints championship window closes he leaves for a front office job in Dallas, but the Saints window is a long way from being over,

SapperSaint 02-08-2011 03:06 PM

Look, I love Louisiana. Most of my family are native to the State. But I can only take so much of NOLA. No offense to the current folks who reside there. However, if you didn't grow up there, it's a little much to deal with.

AsylumGuido 02-08-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 284580)
He still has to pay Louisiana Income Tax due his employer being located in Louisiana.

Actually, his employer is incorporated in Texas.

New Orleans Saints Football in Metairie, LA is a private company categorized under Football Clubs. Our records show it was established in 1985 and incorporated in Texas. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $20 to 50 million and employs a staff of approximately 100 to 249.

I would think a loop-hole most likely appears if the corporation you work for is incorporated Texas and your principal residence is Texas. It has been several years since I studied tax law, but there is probably a very defensible precedent.

Danno 02-08-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 284593)
Actually, his employer is incorporated in Texas.

New Orleans Saints Football in Metairie, LA is a private company categorized under Football Clubs. Our records show it was established in 1985 and incorporated in Texas. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $20 to 50 million and employs a staff of approximately 100 to 249.

I would think a loop-hole most likely appears if the corporation you work for is incorporated Texas and your principal residence is Texas. It has been several years since I studied tax law, but there is probably a very defensible precedent.

I read elsewhere that since the check is cut in Louisiana, it counts as Louisiana income. Not sure if thats correct, but its what I read.

AsylumGuido 02-08-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 284595)
I read elsewhere that since the check is cut in Louisiana, it counts as Louisiana income. Not sure if thats correct, but its what I read.

Checks can be cut anywhere. Many corporations outsource payroll services. Workers in Colorado, commuting from Wyoming, could be getting paid working for a Michigan firm with payments coming from a California bank on checks generated at a New Jersey human resources firm.

Lots of gray involved.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com