Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

ESPN Top Ranked Safeties (Harper 13, Jenkins 15)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by papz Let's not forget the 98 tackles and 6 forced fumbles. From a statistical standpoing, 98 tackles, 6 FF, 8 PD, 3 sacks, and 1 INT from the SS position is really damn good. Your use of ...

Like Tree2Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,982
Blog Entries: 13
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Let's not forget the 98 tackles and 6 forced fumbles.

From a statistical standpoing, 98 tackles, 6 FF, 8 PD, 3 sacks, and 1 INT from the SS position is really damn good. Your use of his numbers does nothing to prove he's a terrible player and holds no water.

Roman Harper is not an elite player... but to say he flat out sucks just once again reiterates to me that you are terrible at evaluating talent.
Do you watch Saints football; obviously not...

He was clearly isolated and targeted in the Seattle Playoff game because He Can't Cover Schiott...

How is 8 PD defensed pretty good from the Safety position?

How is 1 Int pretty damned good from the Safety position?

His talent by those numbers is obviously for his teammates to hold an opposing ball runner up so he can wheelchair over and strip them...

How is it that when numbers are clearly presented that show he's a subpar player you can't see the obvious when it stares you in the face...

And you obviously didn't see him caught from behind by a quarterback when he clearly had a jump (that's a large advantage).

How you become a moderator is beyond me...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,982
Blog Entries: 13
VIDEO Evidence Exhibit A

jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,629
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Do you watch Saints football; obviously not...
No but it's become apparent that you don't.

He was clearly isolated and targeted in the Seattle Playoff game because He Can't Cover Schiott...

How is 8 PD defensed pretty good from the Safety position?

How is 1 Int pretty damned good from the Safety position?
From a statistical standpoint, this shows you're oblivious to what the other guy's numbers are. If you go back and re-read my statement, yes... those numbers are very good for a strong safety who plays close to the line.

His talent by those numbers is obviously for his teammates to hold an opposing ball runner up so he can wheelchair over and strip them...
Bias. Some strange reason why I keep attaching your name with this word... odd.

How is it that when numbers are clearly presented that show he's a subpar player you can't see the obvious when it stares you in the face...
David R. Tran, OD
Optometrist - Metairie
3501 Holiday Dr Suite 201
New Orleans , LA - 70114
Phone: 504-368-7081

He's a good friend of mine... just tell him I sent you there.

And you obviously didn't see him caught from behind by a quarterback when he clearly had a jump (that's a large advantage).
Because this automatically makes you a bad player.

How you become a moderator is beyond me...
Aw... your feelings get hurt again?


Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

All little common sense goes a long way.

Last edited by papz; 05-06-2011 at 08:05 AM..
papz is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,982
Blog Entries: 13
VIDEO Exhibit B (Listen, Safety Play Awful, Roman Harper Physically can't get it done)

jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,629
And he keeps bringing up this game.

No no... he's not bias. Of course not.

He bad he bad.

Contrary to popular belief, people do have bad games.
papz is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #16
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,982
Blog Entries: 13
Video Evidence and you still post showing you can't admit you're wrong...

Obviously your moderator complex is compensation from you lacking in other areas...

Not sure your Optometrist is getting a ringing endorsement right now...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,177
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Video Evidence and you still post showing you can't admit you're wrong...

I like your insight; but on Harper, well look at the production...

How is it that when numbers are clearly presented that show he's a subpar player you can't see the obvious when it stares you in the face...

Do you watch Saints football; obviously not...

.
Gregg Williams does, and liked what he saw to the tune of 9 gameballs, more than any player on his team.

At one point midway through the season he was being talked about as possibly a Saints defensive MVP.

He's not a great SS, but he is a good one. And a lot of NFL coaches and NFL players agree, since they helped to send him to the pro-bowl, twice.
Danno is online now  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #18
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Do you watch Saints football; obviously not...

He was clearly isolated and targeted in the Seattle Playoff game because He Can't Cover Schiott...

How is 8 PD defensed pretty good from the Safety position?

How is 1 Int pretty damned good from the Safety position?

His talent by those numbers is obviously for his teammates to hold an opposing ball runner up so he can wheelchair over and strip them...

How is it that when numbers are clearly presented that show he's a subpar player you can't see the obvious when it stares you in the face...

And you obviously didn't see him caught from behind by a quarterback when he clearly had a jump (that's a large advantage).

How you become a moderator is beyond me...
So Harper's stats aren't that great?

Let's see how he compares to Wilson, the best SS on the list;

Wilson

total tackles - 88
sacks - 2
ints - 2
forced fumbles - 0
passes defended - 9

Harper

total tackles - 98
sacks - 3
ints - 1
forced fumbles - 6
passes defended - 8

Stacks up pretty well for a terrible player!
horsebot is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #19
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,629
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Video Evidence and you still post showing you can't admit you're wrong...
I have absolutely zero issues with admitting I'm wrong. What's wrong to admit?

He's not a terrible player?

From a numbers standpoint, which you are trying to use to state he is a terrible player, shows he isn't?

He had a bad game in Seattle so couldn't even clean the gum off my shoes?

The more you continue to be in denial, the worse the problems are going to get.

Obviously your moderator complex is compensation from you lacking in other areas...
I admit it... I'm Asian. My peepee probably isn't as big as yours.

Not sure your Optometrist is getting a ringing endorsement right now...
It's a well established franchise that's been there for over 10 years. He doesn't even need it. On that note, you're just hurting yourself.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

All little common sense goes a long way.
papz is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,845
Blog Entries: 27
Originally Posted by papz View Post
I have absolutely zero issues with admitting I'm wrong. What's wrong to admit?


The more you continue to be in denial, the worse the problems are going to get.



I admit it... I'm Asian. My peepee probably isn't as big as yours.

TMI ... LOL .....!
SmashMouth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts