New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: The Mayor of Toronto must be on crack (http://blackandgold.com/saints/33469-mayor-toronto-must-crack.html)

pgray3 05-05-2011 06:55 AM

The Mayor of Toronto must be on crack
 
1 Attachment(s)
He thinks that they will be able to lure the Saints to move there.

Apart from the borderline ridiculous notion that the Saints would be in play to relocate (then again, things were tenuous at best for the franchise’s future in New Orleans before Katrina), the fact that the Bills aren’t on the short list is surprising.

“If we had our own team,” Ford said, “we’d treat it like it’s our own and build up a fan base.”


Toronto eyeballs two teams for possible relocation | ProFootballTalk

pgray3 05-05-2011 07:01 AM

I'm sorry, it's the mayors brother the councilman. So they must be sharing crack.

Seer1 05-05-2011 07:13 AM

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "smoked bacon" eh?

darstep 05-05-2011 07:54 AM

NFL franchises are in high demand. They have great benefits to the economies they serve. Can't blame Toronto for looking. I have to believe that San Antonio is still peeping across the state line and waiting for another levee to break.

SapperSaint 05-05-2011 08:08 AM

Like, I really don't understand what they are talking a'boote?

Like, If they think the Saints are a'boote to moove to Canada 'eh, I think they are a'boote to get a rude wake up call 'eh. Beauty! Cheers!

So from all the REAL Saints fans.... TAKE OFF YOU HOSER!

KOOOOOO Koo Koo Koo - Koo Koo Koo Koo!

Halo 05-05-2011 08:26 AM

I think people mention the Saints only because it's a buzz word for moving. After 3 real moving scandals, they haven't moved. 3 things keep the team in NOLA for a long time:

1) stadium always sold out LONG before Katrina (now with long waiting list)
2) the Saints are in top 5 in selling merchandize in the NFL
3) Saints have a lease with the Superdome through 2025

New Orleans is hosting a Superbowl next year, but that can't be said for Jacksonville.

The councilman/mayor have NO CLUE what is going on down here basing their comments on the economy and status of the City of New Orleans in the late 90's and pre-Katrina. Luckily, people know the City better after Katrina.

This issue is seriously not on the radar for me.

73Saint 05-05-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo (Post 298192)
I think people mention the Saints only because it's a buzz word for moving. After 3 real moving scandals, they haven't moved. 3 things keep the team in NOLA for a long time:

1) stadium always sold out LONG before Katrina (now with long waiting list)
2) the Saints are in top 5 in selling merchandize in the NFL
3) Saints have a lease with the Superdome through 2025

New Orleans is hosting a Superbowl next year, but that can't be said for Jacksonville.

The councilman/mayor have NO CLUE what is going on down here basing their comments on the economy and status of the City of New Orleans in the late 90's and pre-Katrina. Luckily, people know the City better after Katrina.

This issue is seriously not on the radar for me.

Exactly!!!!

What you said about the council folks being clueless as to what's going on down here pretty much sums it all up.

GeauxForMore 05-05-2011 09:09 AM

Thats funny. The only team I see moving anywhere is the Jagz, but to be honest I dont want any team leaving.

canucksaint 05-05-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Saint (Post 298202)
Exactly!!!!

What you said about the council folks being clueless as to what's going on down here pretty much sums it all up.

As I live in Toronto, I can fully confirm that Rob Ford and his brother Doug are completely clueless (in general, not just to what is going on down there).

Both of the Fords are large football fans, and have often talked about getting an NFL franchise here. However, also based on the reports, no preliminary steps have been taken (ie. talk to the NFL, or look into funding for a new stadium).

So while it's unfortunate that he opened his mouth and got people up in arms, this is their general modus operandi.

SapperSaint 05-05-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucksaint (Post 298213)
As I live in Toronto, I can fully confirm that Rob Ford and his brother Doug are completely clueless (in general, not just to what is going on down there).

Both of the Fords are large football fans, and have often talked about getting an NFL franchise here. However, also based on the reports, no preliminary steps have been taken (ie. talk to the NFL, or look into funding for a new stadium).

So while it's unfortunate that he opened his mouth and got people up in arms, this is their general modus operandi.

hope you didn't take offense to my post canuck.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com