Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

The Stench on the right side of the line

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Speedy Ron How much longer is his contract? If he is as stinky as he was last year...does Charles Brown step in?(i know brown was drafted as LT) Originally Posted by jcp026 Stinchcomb had offseason surgery. I ...

Like Tree10Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
How much longer is his contract? If he is as stinky as he was last year...does Charles Brown step in?(i know brown was drafted as LT)
Originally Posted by jcp026 View Post
Stinchcomb had offseason surgery. I think he was hurt a good part of the year and played through it. If he's healthy, I'd expect him to play much better.
jack,

until you get an avatar that's hotter than speedy ron's, i can't agree with you.
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
How much longer is his contract? If he is as stinky as he was last year...does Charles Brown step in?(i know brown was drafted as LT)
are you serious? what makes you say that at all. not only are you pretty notorious for unjustified hate, you have no clue about whats goin on with our linemen. stinch signed a long term deal because he earned it then justified it by making the pro bowl.

ppl think our line regressed because they dont understand football. not running the ball increased drews chances of getting pressured and sacked but it wasnt because our line regressed. its because we passed the ball 600+ times
Crusader and foreverfan like this.
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
are you serious? what makes you say that at all. not only are you pretty notorious for unjustified hate, you have no clue about whats goin on with our linemen. stinch signed a long term deal because he earned it then justified it by making the pro bowl.

ppl think our line regressed because they dont understand football. not running the ball increased drews chances of getting pressured and sacked but it wasnt because our line regressed. its because we passed the ball 600+ times
weve had this argument before. in my eyes he had 2 good seasons and last year he wasnt that great. frankly im too tired to argue it any more. also...i feel i justify all my hatred
TheEnigma likes this.
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
Pillows Purr
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,158
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
weve had this argument before. in my eyes he had 2 good seasons and last year he wasnt that great. frankly im too tired to argue it any more. also...i feel i justify all my hatred
Face it... if it wasn't for your avatar, you'd be just know for your hatred.
foreverfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,366
Blog Entries: 39
i should keep out of this lmao. i have been on our tackle situation for years now. Brown to RT please for those that remember.

stench has always been one of my favs. He was one of the best back ups in the NFL in my book. as a starter? hmmmm pro bowl? ok i am scratching my head a bit but i am happy for him.

he is a serviceable as a RT. But teams last year figured out how to beat him. he did adjust a bit. How much more he can adjust is the question. face facts he has limits. age aint helping.

Bushrod? thats another story all together. take away the TE and kicking guards out of the equation and i am really worried for drews health. lets see if year 3 as a starter is his break out year.

Both can be upgraded without a doubt. can we get by with them? we are soon to find out

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!! JoeSam..."True fans don't boo.Karney..."We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Hall of Famer, Doug Atkins
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Originally Posted by strato View Post
I hate that we are going to have to change it...lol
change what...im lost in this stench
Speedy Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
I gotta say, that I am very surprised, that someone hasn't come in here and "revoked your fan privelages" yet..... lmao.....
SaintPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 368
Worst case Brown steps up and takes over. Stich is good, but not great.
Maverick2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
Stench got owned in the Seattle playoff loss. His man was in Brees face all day. He also stunk it up the entire regular season. If you're ok with that type of piss poor Right Tackle play, more power to you.
Lets remember he detached his quad from the bone in week 7. He played the rest of the season with that injury. Now I have never had a detached anything, but when they have to screw it back to the bone.......Ouch. Stinch is tougher than alot give him credit for.
beau13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 5,718
Blog Entries: 11
This is from ESPN article Ten Injuries to Watch

Originally Posted by ESPN View Post
New Orleans was one of only two teams in 2010 to start the same five offensive linemen in all 16 games. So why do we have a Saints offensive lineman on our list of injuries to watch? The answer is threefold. First, Stinchcomb may have avoided missing a start, but that seems to have been because of a superhuman pain threshold. It turns out he played more than half the season with a torn right quadriceps that required surgery after New Orleans was eliminated from the playoffs. Second, one of the reasons the Saints were unable to defend their title was an inability to run the ball efficiently, as they fell from first in 2009 to 25th in 2010. A revolving door at running back was a factor in the decline, but so was the fact that Stinchcomb was playing at less than 100 percent: New Orleans' largest directional decline was on runs behind right tackle (fourth to 23rd).

Finally, as late as one month ago, Stinchcomb was still not fully recovered from his injury. In April's draft, the Saints selected the highest-rated running back, so half their problem appears to have been solved. However, they also ignored offensive tackle altogether, which means that the other half of the solution depends primarily on Stinchcomb's surgically repaired knee.
I've been VERY critical of his play; but if his quality of play is due to injury and he still took the field, I for one will have to look into getting a Stinchcomb jersey (even though wearing another man's jersey is a little weird for me)...
iceshack149 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts