Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Sharper mulling options/Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I'd take him back as a mentor/coach and that's about it. His roster spot can be better used......

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,969
I'd take him back as a mentor/coach and that's about it. His roster spot can be better used...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Originally Posted by strato View Post
I would hope they wouldn't make him play special teams..we have plenty guys that can do that...
You missed the point. He'd replace one of the younger safeties that do play special teams. The fact that he doesn't play special teams is the point.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 368
Maybe with the lack of being a starter...we will.


As I type this...I know he wont.
Maverick2299 is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #14
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
No i got the point Danno...but he could still be on the team...
strato is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Originally Posted by strato View Post
No i got the point Danno...but he could still be on the team...
The why did you say you hoped they wouldn't make him play special teams?
Danno is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #16
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The why did you say you hoped they wouldn't make him play special teams?

Because he is too old..dont you think
strato is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,557
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Because he is too old..dont you think
OK, so you did miss the point.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,368
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I'd take him back as a mentor/coach and that's about it. His roster spot can be better used...
This may make the most sense. Let him coach until he is needed to play.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
OK, so you did miss the point.

No i didnt..your missing my point there chief...he is too old for special teams...but he could be on the team... how hard is that to understand..?..even if its in a backup role..
strato is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
This may make the most sense. Let him coach until he is needed to play.

This could work as well...
strato is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/35180-sharper-mulling-options-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints Rumors | Saints News | New Orleans Saints Sports Bloggers This thread Refback 08-07-2011 09:28 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts