Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Why are we aquiring so many run stuffers this offseason?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Saint_LB I'm gonna give you an A+ for content...but I reluctantly have to deduct points for spelling. Overall grade- A- Yeah...we spelling cops have been out in full-force recently... he he he . He cant spell...hence the ...

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #41
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I'm gonna give you an A+ for content...but I reluctantly have to deduct points for spelling.

Overall grade- A-

Yeah...we spelling cops have been out in full-force recently...he he he.

He cant spell...hence the cat pics...lol
strato is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,491
You can never have too good of a run stopping team. Ever.

Tackling is a good thing.
Choupique is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #43
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, Ca
Posts: 180
Blog Entries: 1
As I look back to the 06 season when all this began. The reshaping of a struggling team. Into a championship caliber team.. Each and every year we have addressed different areas of team needs.. Each and every year we have gotten a little bit better.. Though that dam injury but seems to bite us in the ass... This year more than any other I see depth more than any other team in the NFL.. Sure the Eagles bought some high priced talent, sure Atlanta beefed up their defense, and got a little bit better in the pass game.. Green Bay won the championship last year but I've not seen many changes there.. So as I see it we have done a great job on such a short notice this year... Depth is the key.. We have done that this year.. So get ready Who Dats... Get those pom poms, and crazy outfits ready.. Cause as that old song goes.. When the Saints go marching in..WE gonna march all the way to Indy this year

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!
crawgator is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #44
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,205
It seems to me that we are just trying to fix our biggest weakness......pretty much a necessity to me. Crawgator makes several good points as well about each years upgrades.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #45
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Its not like we signed a bunch of run stuffers. Rogers could be a beast if he's motivated and plays to his potential. He can be disruptive in both the pass and run. Was a gamble back in February but hopefully playing for a winner will get him going. Franklin's solid and if one of these guys goes down we won't miss a beat. If we only have 1 run stuffing DT and he gets hurt then we'd be in a bind.

GW likes to rotate on the lines as much as anyone in the league and I like that. Can't ever have too much depth. Ellis is our lone returning DT from last year, but I aint gonna lie I miss Hargrove. Wish him well.
Boogro is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #46
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by Boogro View Post
Its not like we signed a bunch of run stuffers. Rogers could be a beast if he's motivated and plays to his potential. He can be disruptive in both the pass and run. Was a gamble back in February but hopefully playing for a winner will get him going. Franklin's solid and if one of these guys goes down we won't miss a beat. If we only have 1 run stuffing DT and he gets hurt then we'd be in a bind.

GW likes to rotate on the lines as much as anyone in the league and I like that. Can't ever have too much depth. Ellis is our lone returning DT from last year, but I aint gonna lie I miss Hargrove. Wish him well.
Do we know what motivated Hargrove to leave? Were we unable to offer him enough money?
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #47
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,591
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Do we know what motivated Hargrove to leave? Were we unable to offer him enough money?
With Smith, Jordan, Brown and Charleston on the roster he may have had trouble making this team.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #48
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Hargrove played both DT and End so I don't know the reasoning behind it
Boogro is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #49
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,591
Originally Posted by Boogro View Post
Hargrove played both DT and End so I don't know the reasoning behind it
He dropped weight this ofseason to focus on DE.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #50
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
You may be right, Danno. I haven't heard that but I believe is running with the 1's right now with the Eagles at DT.
Boogro is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts