Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Olin Kreutz

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I'm really not one of those guys that watches the interior as I've mentioned before...I wish I did more often...but...how can you not like a guy nicknamed "Stinky"? or...

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,881
I'm really not one of those guys that watches the interior as I've mentioned before...I wish I did more often...but...how can you not like a guy nicknamed "Stinky"? or
Saint_LB is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,586
I've always called him Sh**comb, always seen him as a problem. Just can't get anyone better it seems, or I have been really hard on him since we drafted him.
Ashley is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #13
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
stench was supposedly hurt last year...that was the excuse. i wonder what his excuse is now...
Speedy Ron is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
stench was supposedly hurt last year...that was the excuse. i wonder what his excuse is now...
All the fans saying bad things about him hurt his feelings.
FinSaint is online now  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
you guys need to start watching stinch instead of just plugging his name into all your complaints.

all of the offensive lines around the league are behind because of the lockout. on top of that, the defenses are always ahead of the offenses this early. everybody knows how good our line actually is but you gotta complain about somethin so you pick players whos performances cant be judged by stats. the only way to prove they played well is to show ppl the individual plays and nobody is going to do that
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 885
Blog Entries: 1
Canton, I just watched the game again, and Drew was getting constant pressure from the right side. Stinch could NOT block. Not sure if he has issues reading the pass rush out of a 3-4 but he looked bad. One play in particular, on the first drive, his man beat him inside and got a good lick on Drew. Not something I want to see on game day.
mighty12 is online now  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by mighty12 View Post
Canton, I just watched the game again, and Drew was getting constant pressure from the right side. Stinch could NOT block. Not sure if he has issues reading the pass rush out of a 3-4 but he looked bad. One play in particular, on the first drive, his man beat him inside and got a good lick on Drew. Not something I want to see on game day.
something a lot of ppl do is watch the ball then when something bad happens they look where the guy came from and assume it was that persons fault. very few ppl actually watch the line from start to finish and can tell you what happened.

im not defending poor line play because there were a lot of mistakes made by our linemen in game 1 but you guys are bringin up a valid point the wrong way.

not every problem can be traced to an individual player and pressure from the right doesnt have to be stinchs fault...and its usually not

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
something a lot of ppl do is watch the ball then when something bad happens they look where the guy came from and assume it was that persons fault. very few ppl actually watch the line from start to finish and can tell you what happened.

im not defending poor line play because there were a lot of mistakes made by our linemen in game 1 but you guys are bringin up a valid point the wrong way.

not every problem can be traced to an individual player and pressure from the right doesnt have to be stinchs fault...and its usually not

Stinch was getting beat..LBs and DEs...he is turning into a turnstile. I made sure and watched him exclusively while he was in... We need an upgrade there..as was stated above he is going to get Drew hurt if he doesn't hold down the right side..
strato is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Stinch was getting beat..LBs and DEs...he is turning into a turnstile. I made sure and watched him exclusively while he was in... We need an upgrade there..as was stated above he is going to get Drew hurt if he doesn't hold down the right side..
lol ur overreacting to a preseason game. relax. stinch is one of the best RTs in the league. we all know how talented he is.
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Nope..watching now..Stinch didnt look good..but i dont think we have anyone better on the roster to replace him..
strato is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts