New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: The Saints Have No Feature Back... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/35669-saints-have-no-feature-back.html)

saintfan 08-23-2011 01:36 PM

The Saints Have No Feature Back...
 
1 Attachment(s)
If you go back and look at the film of New Orleans playing Houston in Saturdayís preseason game, it quickly becomes apparent the Saints donít have a featured running back. They have three.

Depth could make Saints' RBs better - NFC South Blog - ESPN

Euphoria 08-23-2011 02:00 PM

No S!

homerj07 08-23-2011 02:23 PM

Always interesting reading the comments from other people!!

dizzle88 08-23-2011 02:25 PM

In all honesty....

Mark Ingram is going to be a beast! With the increased carries he'll get at the start of the season he's going to make a big impact!

His two TD's were pretty impressive, one ankle breaking TD where he was showing great balance and north and south running

His other TD just showing the will and determination to push his way into the endzone over a veteran LB

Marlboro Man 08-23-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 322945)
In all honesty....

Mark Ingram is going to be a beast! With the increased carries he'll get at the start of the season he's going to make a big impact!

His two TD's were pretty impressive, one ankle breaking TD where he was showing great balance and north and south running

His other TD just showing the will and determination to push his way into the endzone over a veteran LB

Sorry, don't agree. Ivory will be a beast though when he gets back.

Cruize 08-23-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro Man (Post 322946)
Sorry, don't agree. Ivory will be a beast though when he gets back.

Ivory has the skills without a doubt. But, he wasn't healthy in college or in his first year as a pro. The position is the most brutal in the game. I've never known of a runningback not healthy in college and not healthy in whatever time in the pros to suddenly become durable. I hope somehow he can, but the odds are heavily against it. Ingram has star potential. If Payton will give him 20 touches a game, instead of rotating the backs on EVERY play, and allow the guy to get a rythm, the Saints offense will be unstoppable.

dizzle88 08-23-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlboro Man (Post 322946)
Sorry, don't agree. Ivory will be a beast though when he gets back.



When exactly is that?

I'm not saying ivory isn't a beast because he's an animal, But until he comes back and shows he can stay healthy I think Ingram is going to do great things, we are certainly lucky to have the talent at RB we have now

SapperSaint 08-23-2011 03:47 PM

I like Ivory as much as the next fan.

However, the guy hasn't had an injury free season since his days playing for the Redskins in "Pop Warner". Don't get me wrong, the guy CAN ball; but I kringe when I hear it and say it....."When he's healthy".

Halo 08-23-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapperSaint (Post 322968)
I like Ivory as much as the next fan.

However, the guy hasn't had an injury free season since his days playing for the Redskins in "Pop Warner". Don't get me wrong, the guy CAN ball; but I kringe when I hear it and say it....."When he's healthy".

I agree, I hope Ivory runs for a million yards. He has been prone to injury his whole playing career and is still injured since last year.

What worries me is Ingram was injured too. I hope they all stay healthy. Lord knows we had to fill up a stable full of them last year

Apparently Payton's offense pounds Running-backs into the ground.

We roll through runningbacks faster than toilet paper at a mexican fiesta tailgate party.

:bng:

AlaskaSaints 08-23-2011 04:14 PM

That Ivory memory sure is HAUNTING. If he never plays again I'm going to remember his effort forever.

Alaska


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com