Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

%$#@! Injuries

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by skymike lol... thats a great question, Poydras. I'm 47, and I dont hurt myself kicking anything. Everything else is an injury waiting to happen-- lifting, running, walking down stairs... taking a shower...it all hurts... but kicking????? cheese! ...

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by skymike View Post
lol... thats a great question, Poydras.

I'm 47, and I dont hurt myself kicking anything. Everything else is an injury waiting to happen-- lifting, running, walking down stairs... taking a shower...it all hurts... but kicking?????

cheese!

btw, what kind of doctor are you? can you fix my belly button?
"fix" your belly button? You mean a piercing or like they did with Barbara Eden in "I Dream of Jeannie"?
This is just a "little" off topic. You might want to use a private note for this.
poydras is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,531
The Saints now have 4 downs to get a first down. I think Brees and Payton can make it work. LOL. And I honestly do have more confidence in the Saints short yardage ability now than in years past. They've done a great job so far this preseason.
Cruize is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #13
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I got a chuckle when they lined-up for 2, I think it was the last time, and when it was mentioned that they were going for 2 again, Al Michaels said, "Well...why not?" Chris Collinsworth follows with, "Or...why?"

You had to be there.
It was preseason so you had to figure they were just testing plays the first time but the second time was a head scratcher until they went back and showed the clip of the kick in the 1st half.
poydras is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,889
I blame the trainers, they should be fired.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Reports are his leg flew off and they didnt give us any extra points for it flying through the uprights...although it did manage to knock out a few Rayda fans...it was recovered by the staff and sewn back on last night..he will be fine...
alldat likes this.
strato is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,640
Blog Entries: 12
I'm a little older now, but back in the day trainers would give us bananas and help us monitor our electrolytes when we went out west for games...

Apparently the atmospheric changes and the changes in humidity affects athletes more than they realize...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #17
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
I'm a little older now, but back in the day trainers would give us bananas and help us monitor our electrolytes when we went out west for games...

Apparently the atmospheric changes and the changes in humidity affects athletes more than they realize...
The temperature at kickoff was 69. I don't think electrolytes was the problem, especially for a kicker that doesn't even do kickoffs.
poydras is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,754
Blog Entries: 3
I'm giving Hartley the benefit of the doubt on this one. That field was not the greatest surface to be playing on. I didn't pay attention to the actual kick where he hurt himself, but the baseball dirt was causing people to slip and slide all night, and the grass seemed kind of long and soddy -- you could see it was giving way under people's feet very easily. Not so much affecting the running game, but I definitely saw a couple of receivers on BOTH teams, who had minor trouble with their footing, planting or changing direction, making cuts, it was tearing up.

Like I said, I didn't see the actual kick in question, but especially IF he was kicking from the dirt part of the field, or if he planted his foot and hit a clump of grass that gave way, then an injury in that situation could be perfectly understandable. It is unfortunately part of the game.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #19
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
I'm giving Hartley the benefit of the doubt on this one. That field was not the greatest surface to be playing on. I didn't pay attention to the actual kick where he hurt himself, but the baseball dirt was causing people to slip and slide all night, and the grass seemed kind of long and soddy -- you could see it was giving way under people's feet very easily. Not so much affecting the running game, but I definitely saw a couple of receivers on BOTH teams, who had minor trouble with their footing, planting or changing direction, making cuts, it was tearing up.

Like I said, I didn't see the actual kick in question, but especially IF he was kicking from the dirt part of the field, or if he planted his foot and hit a clump of grass that gave way, then an injury in that situation could be perfectly understandable. It is unfortunately part of the game.
It was on the grass portion of the field. Everything seemed completely normal and the kick was good, even though it was kind of a "helicopter ball" but as soon as he kicked it, he grabbed his leg.
poydras is offline  
Old 08-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,181
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by poydras View Post
It was on the grass portion of the field. Everything seemed completely normal and the kick was good, even though it was kind of a "helicopter ball" but as soon as he kicked it, he grabbed his leg.
Its just bad mojo. It's a medical mystery. It's those Nigerians out in Oakland working up some black magic. Word has it they were severing the heads off live chickens in the parking lot before the game.

They effed up tho. They only got our kicker.
saintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/35809-injuries.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
%$#@! Injuries This thread Refback 08-29-2011 07:18 AM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts