New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   %$#@! Injuries (http://blackandgold.com/saints/35809-injuries.html)

poydras 08-29-2011 07:12 AM

%$#@! Injuries
 
Now HARTLEY gets hurt! The guy kicks all day during practice... 3 or 4 dozen times during warm-ups and then on the sidelines when we get in the red zone and then he goes out for one chip shot field goal and hurts himself with the kick??!! What's he warming up with, a %$#@! nerf ball??!!

Marlboro Man 08-29-2011 07:17 AM

What a buncha ballerinas!

Ashley 08-29-2011 07:30 AM

Are you serious he got hurt. Crap I'm running out of words to say....

poydras 08-29-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 324349)
Are you serious he got hurt. Crap I'm running out of words to say....

Yes. After every touchdown in the 2nd half we went for 2 (and made them, once by pass and the other by running up the middle). The broadcast bunch couldn't figure out why and went back and reviewed Hartley's kick in the 1st half and, after the kick, he grabbed his leg like he hurt something. They showed him on the bench still in pads but never returned to the game.

MatthewT 08-29-2011 07:59 AM

My gosh, I just hope it's not serious enough for the Saints to have to use a roster spot on a second place kicker... (We can all bet John Carney is aware of this situation... lol)

Danno 08-29-2011 08:04 AM

Payton said just a pull.

So far, most of our injuries have all been nicks and dings, nothing really serious to any of our key starters. Franklin may be the only projected starter that might miss 1 or 2 games, and he's not really a starter.

Hopefully our starting 22 don't play at all next week.

poydras 08-29-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 324362)
Payton said just a pull.

So far, most of our injuries have all been nicks and dings, nothing really serious to any of our key starters. Franklin may be the only projected starter that might miss 1 or 2 games, and he's not really a starter.

Hopefully our starting 22 don't play at all next week.

Still,, the guy kicks all day! That's all he does. What did he do differently in a game situation that he pulled a muscle doing it?

Danno 08-29-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poydras (Post 324366)
Still,, the guy kicks all day! That's all he does. What did he do differently in a game situation that he pulled a muscle doing it?

Can't tell you. It looked pretty routine to me.

skymike 08-29-2011 08:13 AM

lol... thats a great question, Poydras.

I'm 47, and I dont hurt myself kicking anything. Everything else is an injury waiting to happen-- lifting, running, walking down stairs... taking a shower...it all hurts... but kicking?????

cheese!

btw, what kind of doctor are you? can you fix my belly button?

Saint_LB 08-29-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poydras (Post 324352)
The broadcast bunch couldn't figure out why

I got a chuckle when they lined-up for 2, I think it was the last time, and when it was mentioned that they were going for 2 again, Al Michaels said, "Well...why not?" Chris Collinsworth follows with, "Or...why?"

You had to be there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com