New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Things I take from the game (http://blackandgold.com/saints/36180-things-i-take-game.html)

hitta 09-09-2011 02:18 AM

Things I take from the game
 
A) While it is true that the overall defense played pretty horrible..... there were a few guys in the secondary that were just picked on all night(Roman Harper in particular). If we got some better production from just a few key spots we win that game. The Packers just repeatedly went to certain guys over and over and over again.

B)Our team has greater upside than the Packers if we can fix some of our defensive problems and make some stops to take advantage of our offenses potential. I feel like our offense is at least on par with the Packers and probably better. I actually thought(even though I may be the only person on the planet to think this) that our offense looked better than the Packers tonight. The Packers looked better in coverage to me and we still shredded them pretty well, while the Packers seemed like they had too many open holes in the middle of the field. Even though I hate Collinsworth, when he said that when our coverage underneath looked non-existent he was spot on. Not quite sure what the hell we were doing with our coverage schemes or whatever but there were some major things that need to be fixed there.

C) Even though the defense played horribly, it was the first game of the year and we have a ton of new guys who are still trying to get a feel for the defense. I think we will improve with time.

saintsfan1976 09-09-2011 06:34 AM

The defense (line in particular) is still a work in progress.

That being said, tackling is taught at age 5.

GB has a larger, more physical secondary. I guess our guys could win in a foot race?

Crusader 09-09-2011 06:47 AM

Darren Sproles!
I was and am still a Reggie supporter and don't se this game as a reason to bash him BUT Sproles as fantastic. Great cathes and great returns. A really good pickup for us that will help in the long run.

Drew Brees
This is the Drew we all love. Crisp and efficient. Teams with lesser secondaries and pressur than the Packers will get torn apart.

Devery Henderson
This feels really good to say :-) Henderson stepped up with Moore gone and really had a good game. Nice catches and fighting for extra yardage trough out.

Junior Galette
He didn't do anything tremendous but the glimpses he showed of rush ability finally has made me excited that he is on our team.

homerj07 09-10-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 328080)
The defense (line in particular) is still a work in progress.

That being said, tackling is taught at age 5.

GB has a larger, more physical secondary. I guess our guys could win in a foot race?

We need Smith back to provide pressure from the D line - that will make hitngs easier on the DBs

crawgator 09-10-2011 11:19 AM

Roman Harper couldn't cover a school bus standing still.. Though he plays good run defense... Again I seen him running around lost on pass coverage.. We need to find a better Safety... Cause Harper gonna cost us more games, than win games for us!!!!

lumm0x 09-10-2011 11:29 AM

I have to repeat it again even though you already said it here.

Devery Henderson

He keeps doing that and he can be on the field anytime. He was clutch, sure handed and made some difficult catches.

Danno 09-10-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawgator (Post 328823)
Roman Harper couldn't cover a school bus standing still.. Though he plays good run defense... Again I seen him running around lost on pass coverage.. We need to find a better Safety... Cause Harper gonna cost us more games, than win games for us!!!!


Gregg Williams disagrees...

Quote:

"You have a two year pro bowl player that is back that is young that is continuing to improve, continuing to get better. A lot was said about his last game and its unfortunate you guys don't know much about football.

All you guys that criticized him for two plays in that last game...you're dead wrong. Because he played pretty well except for two plays. He played poorly on two plays but I could say that about 99% of them out there.

OK? I'm really happy that Roman Harper is back . WE NEED HIM HERE. I'll be a better coach and we will be a better team because Roman Harper is back here." - Gregg Williams
Roman Harper didn't cost us the Green Bay game or the Seattle game. Thats ridiculous.

foreverfan 09-10-2011 12:04 PM

In all fairness to Harper, he was in great position and Rogers threaded the needle more than a few times. There were other times he didn't look close, but that could be said for the WHOLE FREAKING DEFENSE.

If we had a pass rush, if the CB could come up and wrap up or cover anybody down field, if the LB could get off a block, if Jenkins could cover anybody.... really... Pick your poison with the Packers.

Just like the Saints's offense, they can make any defense look stupid.

Danno 09-10-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfan (Post 328847)
In all fairness to Harper, he was in great position and Rogers threaded the needle more than a few times. There were other times he didn't look close, but that could be said for the WHOLE FREAKING DEFENSE.

If we had a pass rush, if the CB could come up and wrap up or cover anybody down field, if the LB could get off a block, if Jenkins could cover anybody.... really... Pick your poison with the Packers.

Just like the Saints's offense, they can make any defense look stupid.

Rpman Harper should get a game ball. With the terrible play by the ENTIRE DEFENSE he seems to unfairly get the lion's share of the blame.

He played no worse than anyone else on defense Thursday night.

strato 09-10-2011 12:12 PM

http://freeopentube.com/uploads/thum...hbdaiakiuc.jpg

Watch out here is Chicago's new TE...LMAO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com