Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Randall "Blue" Gay

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by BIGEASY504 And this is the problem; I posted earlier that no defensive linemen had their hand up except Ellis on one play; is Tom Johnson hurt because he was in beast mode during the preseason along with ...

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,900
Originally Posted by BIGEASY504 View Post
And this is the problem; I posted earlier that no defensive linemen had their hand up except Ellis on one play; is Tom Johnson hurt because he was in beast mode during the preseason along with King and as for King I saw him just get pushed around against the Packers, Id like to see what Johnson can do and if he pans out and big Will returns than we may see better 2ndary play

Johnson hurt his calf muscle and left the game against SF at about 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. There hasn't been any official prediction of how long he's out, but I guess it shouldn't be too long since he is on the active roster and not the IR.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Our DBs were 10 yards off the receiver and not getting their heads turned around..that has nothing to do with D -Line pressure...they were getting beat with the quick passes as well...now with that said ..we need PRESSURE this week or i hate say it Cuntler will eat them alive to..The falqueens blitzed him 37% of the time last week and he was able to get the ball out for the most part..We need pressure without having to blitz like crazy ..Memo to our D-Line ..please play as you were hyped up to be..Rogers get with it man..your better than this
AlaskaSaints likes this.
strato is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,993
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Our DBs were 10 yards off the receiver and not getting their heads turned around..that has nothing to do with D -Line pressure...they were getting beat with the quick passes as well...now with that said ..we need PRESSURE this week or i hate say it Cuntler will eat them alive to..The falqueens blitzed him 37% of the time last week and he was able to get the ball out for the most part..We need pressure without having to blitz like crazy ..Memo to our D-Line ..please play as you were hyped up to be..Rogers get with it man..your better than this
Cuntler? Oh man you got me spittin skoal all over my monitor.
saintfan is online now  
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Cuntler? Oh man you got me spittin skoal all over my monitor.

LOL..
strato is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,396
They are coming after Robinson, bank on it. Have to stop Forte, simple as that.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,669
Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
They are coming after Robinson, bank on it. Have to stop Forte, simple as that.
If the case, then I sure hope the coaching staff has overtime work planned on the tackling dummies!

Is it possible for one of the LB's or DB's to miss a tackling dummy? )

Sarcasm off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,775
Blog Entries: 16
Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
Yeah the D-Line is getting no pressure....the quarterback is just sitting back and being patient. I hope the defense comes ready to play sunday.
I have mentioned this a few times. Having Smith back for week three should help.
homerj07 is offline  
Old 09-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,138
Blog Entries: 2
You know, back when we were allowing these DB's to get away, like Gay, I was left scratching my head.

I just assumed we knew what we were doing.

Robinson was a GREAT backup last year and I think he will learn really fast. I'm predicting a pick+6 Sunday to his side.

Just waiting for the Jello to set up can sometimes be a long wait. I know, let's put it in the freezer!!

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/36344-randall-blue-gay.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Randall "Blue" Gay This thread Refback 09-14-2011 10:34 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts