Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

What the Texans fans are saying about us..

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by strato Houston has been good to me..i dont try and hide where i'm from..there is a lot of good people here and as Tack has said it did open its arms and was taken advantage of by ...

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #41
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Houston has been good to me..i dont try and hide where i'm from..there is a lot of good people here and as Tack has said it did open its arms and was taken advantage of by some of those lowlifes that it tried to help..I don't like to dog on Houston..i have a lot of good friends there..i just happen to grow up in Louisiana..

I am a Saints fan of 35 years. and i wish the Texans well... just when they don't play us lol..and i don't follow them other than what i hear on local sports radio here...I think we should just try and get along..there are a lot of similarities between the two cities that i see..and a lot of people i know here are Saints fans because of me. Im one lucky dude because i know both cultures..but you cant forget where you came from and try and be something your not..just enjoy all of it.
Well said...as a matter of fact the wife and I plan on spending Christmas in NO just for the hell of it. So if any of y'all have any ideas on what to do in NO for Christmas let me know.
TackHammer is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #42
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Houston has been good to me..i dont try and hide where i'm from..there is a lot of good people here and as Tack has said it did open its arms and was taken advantage of by some of those lowlifes that it tried to help..I don't like to dog on Houston..i have a lot of good friends there..i just happen to grow up in Louisiana..

I am a Saints fan of 35 years. and i wish the Texans well... just when they don't play us lol..and i don't follow them other than what i hear on local sports radio here...I think we should just try and get along..there are a lot of similarities between the two cities that i see..and a lot of people i know here are Saints fans because of me. Im one lucky dude because i know both cultures..but you cant forget where you came from and try and be something your not..just enjoy all of it..Put me a taco in one hand and a Shrimp Po Boy in the other..
Oh and your right about the food !!! Love the food in the South !! You have BBQ,Cajun,TexMex,Mexican,seafood. I HATE going north! The food totally sucks.What they call hot sauce I consider tomato soup.

And I pretty much live for crawfish season!!!
TackHammer is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #43
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Tackhammer, you would have a beer with me, if you met me in person.

I am far from an internet tough guy, but I'll splain some stuff tomorrow...
I definitely have some issues with the houston sports scene-- I think it
sux... but hopefully we'll chat tomorrow & I'll make a little more sense to
you, when you see where I'm coming from.

gotta run... its on!
JoanieNTX likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #44
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,969
Blog Entries: 16
I think it funny how on the one board it went from a we are gonna whup NO fest to a Peyton Manning hate fest in about 3 posts!!
homerj07 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by homerj07 View Post
I think it funny how on the one board it went from a we are gonna whup NO fest to a Peyton Manning hate fest in about 3 posts!!

Bout like us and Meg Ryan..lol
strato is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #46
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,287
Originally Posted by TackHammer View Post
Well said...as a matter of fact the wife and I plan on spending Christmas in NO just for the hell of it. So if any of y'all have any ideas on what to do in NO for Christmas let me know.
Highly recommend going to St. James Parish to the small towns of Lutcher and Gramercy to watch the lighting of the bonfires on the levee of the MS. river. This is where I grew up and it is just one big party. It's truly amazing seeing all the bonfires that line the levee and all the people that will invite you into their homes along the river road for gumbo or jambalaya. You can experience all this on Christmas Eve starting at 6:00 and be back in the French Quarter by 10:00 if you so choose.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #47
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,821
Originally Posted by strato View Post
LOL..cant wait to beat the snot out of them to..they will be tougher than the Bears ..but we get big Will back...and a W!


Saints will be no problem - Houston Texans Message Boards

Why the Texans will get a win against New Orleans. - Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com
These people are delusional, more so than most fans. They beat two teams that are both 0-2.
spkb25 is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #48
Resident antediluvian
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,741
Lots of respect for how far the Texans have come. They are becoming a force in the AFC and I have no doubt they win the south there. I still don't think they are a better team than us. They will be the weakest defense we have faced yet and we'll put 30+ on 2 better ones. They still have the offense to give ours trouble though so I see a 33-27 Saints win here. They have yet to face anyone tough. The Colts without Manning are a 4-12 team. Miami is mediocre on both sides of the ball and if not for a Daniel Thomas fumble they could have had much more contested ending. The momentum was swinging to tie the game prior to that play.

Gonna be a fun dog fight.
Belair57 likes this.
lumm0x is offline  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #49
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 844
I like that this guy tackhammer has more class in his dirty draws than 99.9% of all bears fans and 100% more than ALL the failclowns fans. Very civil...You sir are a welcomed guest!! (Take some "How to be classy", notes Chi and ATL)
Belair57 is offline  
Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #50
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 24
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Highly recommend going to St. James Parish to the small towns of Lutcher and Gramercy to watch the lighting of the bonfires on the levee of the MS. river. This is where I grew up and it is just one big party. It's truly amazing seeing all the bonfires that line the levee and all the people that will invite you into their homes along the river road for gumbo or jambalaya. You can experience all this on Christmas Eve starting at 6:00 and be back in the French Quarter by 10:00 if you so choose.
This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I'm looken for!!! Sounds like a damn good time! Like I said in an earlier post. I'm kinda partial to the backwoods type entertainment. Booze Bonfires and Boidin suits me just fine.
TackHammer is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2011 season, domefield advantage, houston texans, matt schaub, preseason game, texans fans

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/36513-what-texans-fans-saying-about-us.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
What the Texans fans are saying about us.. This thread Refback 09-19-2011 12:08 PM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts