New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Sad stat (http://blackandgold.com/saints/36951-sad-stat.html)

WhoDat!656 10-04-2011 07:34 AM

Sad stat
 
*With the win, the Saints lead the Saints-Jaguars series 3-2, making Jacksonville the ninth franchise the Saints would have a winning mark against.

Saints Postgame Notes

Speedy Ron 10-04-2011 07:44 AM

it is but it isnt. did you think we were good 10 years ago or something? what were you expecting. on the glass half full side....im sure brees and co have established that stat which after years and years of perpetual losing...that is a hard thing to do.

the-commish 10-04-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Ron (Post 336368)
it is but it isnt. did you think we were good 10 years ago or something? what were you expecting. on the glass half full side....im sure brees and co have established that stat which after years and years of perpetual losing...that is a hard thing to do.

If you look at the Saints-49ers series, for example, the Saints trail by A LOT. But note this: the Saints have won the past six meetings in the series, and the gap is narrowing. Or look at Saints-Cowboys; the Saints still trail here, but have won six of the last seven meetings, and the gap is closing.

It is going to take a long time to even some of these up (decades, maybe even NEVER); the important thing is, when the Saints play any of these teams NOW, who is going to win. More than likely, the Saints will win, and that is all that matters now.

Maverick2299 10-04-2011 10:09 AM

I have a even more sad stat. We are -3 in turnover this year so far.

Srgt. Hulka 10-04-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 336367)
*With the win, the Saints lead the Saints-Jaguars series 3-2, making Jacksonville the ninth franchise the Saints would have a winning mark against.

Saints Postgame Notes

You may think it's sad for us, but think how sad it is for the other nine teams, knowing we were the red headed step child of the NFL for so long. LOL

homerj07 10-04-2011 08:12 PM

Ouch - I did not need to know that!!

FireVenturi 10-04-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick2299 (Post 336404)
I have a even more sad stat. We are -3 in turnover this year so far.

Word

This is a stat we have to turn around if we want to achieve our goals.
we need to get to plus 10 by the end of the year

Seer1 10-04-2011 10:14 PM

Throw us the ball Cam, throw us the ball!

QBREES9 10-04-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick2299 (Post 336404)
I have a even more sad stat. We are -3 in turnover this year so far.

Now that is SAD.

SaintsRule11 10-04-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick2299 (Post 336404)
I have a even more sad stat. We are -3 in turnover this year so far.

I agree. I feel like we are winning in spite of the turnover figure. We need to get more takeaways! Averaging one takeaway per game is not gonna cut it. I hope we pick off Cam Newton at least a couple of times. That would certainly help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com