Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Brees being sacked more this year than any other a Saint

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend pass attempts 361...sacks 11 league rankings? 1st in pass attempts....14th in sacks given up But where do we rank overall?..and if de la Puenta is terrible as you say..wouldn't that be sticking your foot in your ...

Like Tree14Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
pass attempts 361...sacks 11

league rankings? 1st in pass attempts....14th in sacks given up

But where do we rank overall?..and if de la Puenta is terrible as you say..wouldn't that be sticking your foot in your mouth?..being he has played in 3 games? The pass attempts versus sacks just PROVES Drew make them look better than they are by stepping up and avoiding the rush..
strato is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #32
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,975
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
pff.com rates players every game. thats what i was basing my info on.

of course drew is better than jay cutler but their line is abismal

you say drew makes our line look better...true sometimes. maybe our line makes drew look better too? lol then you say no thats not true and we go back and forth arguing about something that cant be proven.

you know why i use stats? because i can see the stats...then i can show other ppl stats. and it can help me prove a point which is usually based on a conclusion ive drawn by WATCHING the games.

the difference is that you guys have conclusions that you draw up form watching the games but you dont have anything to back it up...at least i have stats

And even when your all mighty numbers show us at the 14th best run team in the league you insist our line is a solid run-blocking unit. Uh, riiiiight...

Even when the first stat you point to is YPC, and even after several people explain to you how that don't mean jack. Uh, riiiiight...

you say drew makes our line look better...true sometimes
No sir. True all the time.

maybe our line makes drew look better too?
Maybe the line makes Drew look better? Seriously? Okay...grab your stats and make that point. This I have GOT to hear...

you know why i use stats?
Yes. It is because you aren't enlightened enough to understand when they are valuable and when they aren't telling you the whole story. Lots of people fall into that trap.

the difference is that you guys have conclusions that you draw up form watching the games
Wow. Why yes we DO watch the games. You should try it. Get your head out of the stats sheet and pay attention.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by strato View Post
But where do we rank overall?..and if de la Puenta is terrible as you say..wouldn't that be sticking your foot in your mouth?..being he has played in 3 games?
the line is playing well as a whole...that doesnt mean that individually they cant do better tho.

DLP is grading as our worst lineman right now. he gave up a sack against carolina too
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 1,980
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
didnt you block me cuz my avatar was too racy? what was it again? oh yea a picture of breesus...not surprised you are offended by what i have to say
No. I blocked you due to the fact that you had a picture mocking my faith. Nothing racy about it. Just folly on your part.

Coming to this site to try to impress yourself must feel grand. You are acting like a bratty kid by telling the posters here that they don't know what they are talking about. "Feculent" describes you very well.
iceshack149 is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #35
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,899
I was too wondering about the grading low statement in regards to DLP, but then you made the following clarification...

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
pff.com rates players every game. thats what i was basing my info on.
While I'm not saying that pff.com ratings don't have any merit, you can't possibly know how the Saints coaching staff are rating DLP, that is if you are not part of that staff.

I personally haven't seen a single interview of SP where he has said that DLP has been grading low or that his performances have been below what is expected of him, so based on that I'm very doubtful about your original statement.
strato likes this.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #36
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
the line is playing well as a whole...that doesnt mean that individually they cant do better tho.

DLP is grading as our worst lineman right now. he gave up a sack against carolina too

I disagree ..he might have gave up a sack..but even with help Brown is the weakest link in my honest opinion..and Strief should win that job back..
strato is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
And even when your all mighty numbers show us at the 14th best run team in the league you insist our line is a solid run-blocking unit. Uh, riiiiight...

Even when the first stat you point to is YPC, and even after several people explain to you how that don't mean jack. Uh, riiiiight...



No sir. True all the time.



Maybe the line makes Drew look better? Seriously? Okay...grab your stats and make that point. This I have GOT to hear...



Yes. It is because you aren't enlightened enough to understand when they are valuable and when they aren't telling you the whole story. Lots of people fall into that trap.



Wow. Why yes we DO watch the games. You should try it. Get your head out of the stats sheet and pay attention.
please prove that drew makes our line look better but our line doesnt make drew look better

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. you cant prove either one with or without stats
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Originally Posted by strato View Post
I disagree ..he might have gave up a sack..but even with help Brown is the weakest link in my honest opinion..and Strief should win that job back..
i dont think brown is playing well. we knew he was going to struggle run blocking because of his strength but greg hardy laughed at brown every time he ran by him during passing plays
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #39
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
please prove that drew makes our line look better but our line doesnt make drew look better

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. you cant prove either one with or without stats

No stat needed for that.. just watch the game..it is known throughout with all saints fans..by the way you mention coaching..what do you coach?..are you a head coach..assistant ?..has your team ever competed for a championship?
strato is offline  
Old 10-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #40
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
you cant prove either one with or without stats
But doesn't that mean that you can't disprove them either?
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/37212-brees-being-sacked-more-year-than-any-other-saint.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brees being sacked more this year than any other a Saint This thread Refback 10-12-2011 08:03 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts