Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Its time... FIRE GREG WILLIAMS

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Our d just sucks. I'm lost for words and don't even know who to blame. Players and staff . I love my team, just calling it on how I see it....

Like Tree66Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #31
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,514
Our d just sucks. I'm lost for words and don't even know who to blame. Players and staff . I love my team, just calling it on how I see it.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
Ashley is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,334
Blog Entries: 5
I agree with we are in a constant state of rebuild but when you bring in a bunch of players you need someone who is a teacher and a coach. I saw it when Williams was first here but now... I just don't see it.

I don't have a problem pointing the finger at a player for not being as good as he can be at the position. But Williams is billed as a coach that puts players in positions to make plays and he picked these players. They all signed off on these players. In the off season we can rebuild and what does that call for... cutting or firing players. The same can be done to coaches who aren't doing their jobs.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #33
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I agree with we are in a constant state of rebuild but when you bring in a bunch of players you need someone who is a teacher and a coach. I saw it when Williams was first here but now... I just don't see it.

I don't have a problem pointing the finger at a player for not being as good as he can be at the position. But Williams is billed as a coach that puts players in positions to make plays and he picked these players. They all signed off on these players. In the off season we can rebuild and what does that call for... cutting or firing players. The same can be done to coaches who aren't doing their jobs.

The main problem is no pressure up front...thats not on G.W...they are square up on their man...they have to beat them ....they cant...thats not G.Ws fault man....they have to do better.
strato is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #34
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,447
Originally Posted by strato View Post
The main problem is no pressure up front...thats not on G.W...they are square up on their man...they have to beat them ....they cant...thats not G.Ws fault man....they have to do better.
Yep, and when the front 4 can't pressure, you have to try and manufacture pressure with blitzes.

The blitzes aren't getting there either. What else is Gregg supposed to do?

The only blame I can throw his way isn't scheme related, its players underachieving, which ultimately is his responsibility.

Our D-line should give their gamechecks to charity.
iceshack149 likes this.
Danno is online now  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #35
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 277
I'm not sure firing Gregg Williams is the answer, but I can tell you this: In my fantasy football league I do not hesitate playing people from whichever offense is facing the Saints that particular week. We can't stop anyone and we are getting no turnovers whatsoever (unless Cam Newton throws the ball directly to Patrick Robinson, for instance).
SaintsRule11 is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #36
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 277
Am I alone in thinking we should have made a stronger push for Cullen Jenkins? Whenever a big supposed playmaker, like Shaun Rogers for instance, comes to New Orleans, it's because they "turned down more money" somewhere else. We should have offered Jenkins a big fat contract. And I was pissed we let Remi Ayodele go for not that much money. And Scott Fujita. And others.
SaintsRule11 is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 1,842
Originally Posted by SaintsRule11 View Post
I'm not sure firing Gregg Williams is the answer, but I can tell you this: In my fantasy football league I do not hesitate playing people from whichever offense is facing the Saints that particular week. We can't stop anyone and we are getting no turnovers whatsoever (unless Cam Newton throws the ball directly to Patrick Robinson, for instance).
Ick. You start players that we actually have as opponents that week? Bad ju ju brah. Actually my entire fantasy team is all Saints. Thats prob going to far but oh well.
jnormand is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #38
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,334
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by strato View Post
The main problem is no pressure up front...thats not on G.W...they are square up on their man...they have to beat them ....they cant...thats not G.Ws fault man....they have to do better.
WHAT... its always the coaches fault!!!

He is the one who sets the starting line up... he is the one that coaches them up. He is the one who makes the game plan. He is the one who makes the play calls.

It is always the Coaches is fault.

One could make the argument as HC its Sean's fault as well.

If a ship goes down, Captain is always to blame.
AlaskaSaints and SaintsRule11 like this.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #39
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,012
I agree with Danno. Our Oline and turnovers killed us. The defense is pretty bad, but I think its more of a personnell thing. We did not address the needs we should have during the offseason. If we do not get some talent this offseason on Defense I will blame the FO.
The Dude is online now  
Old 10-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #40
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
WHAT... its always the coaches fault!!!

He is the one who sets the starting line up... he is the one that coaches them up. He is the one who makes the game plan. He is the one who makes the play calls.

It is always the Coaches is fault.

One could make the argument as HC its Sean's fault as well.

If a ship goes down, Captain is always to blame.
Yeah and that aint always right...the players have to do their part to..and they aren't doing it...would you agree on that..

You can scream and teach all you want ..but you cant get out there and play for them..

the O flat out stunk...should we fire Payton as well?...lets see how they respond..remember this coach had the D playing well with different players...makes you wonder..
strato is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/37312-its-time-fire-greg-williams.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Its time... FIRE GREG WILLIAMS This thread Refback 10-17-2011 08:37 AM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts