Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Would you trade for Asante Samuel?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Budsdrinker I don't think there is a safety in the league that can cover today's breed of TE's. Name one that can cover Jimmy Graham. We have to get up on the guys at the line and ...

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,078
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
I don't think there is a safety in the league that can cover today's breed of TE's. Name one that can cover Jimmy Graham. We have to get up on the guys at the line and knock them off their route and mess up their timing. This 10 yard cushion is killing us.
Yeah, that, and giving the QB time to check his email before he has to decide where to throw the ball isn't helping either.
Saint_LB and Rugby Saint II like this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
Cold as Ice!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Da Big Easy
Posts: 2,978
I agree. Bump and run and blitz more because we can't get pressure with just 4....or 5....or 6, lol
Saint_LB likes this.
FireVenturi is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,456
Blog Entries: 12
Since Harper can't cover, we should run the 46 and blitz him on everyplay...

It could be a whole new position to football...the Blitzback...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,885
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Since Harper can't cover, we should run the 46 and blitz him on everyplay...

It could be a whole new position to football...the Blitzback...
Actually he graded out in pass coverage pretty decent in most games this year, according to PFF stats.
Danno is online now  
Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #25
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,456
Blog Entries: 12
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Actually he graded out in pass coverage pretty decent in most games this year, according to PFF stats.
Post the link, not trying to antagonize, I'd like to read that...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #26
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,885
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Post the link, not trying to antagonize, I'd like to read that...
ProFootballFocus is a PPV site (about $40.00 per year), and I got Defensive back snapshots from a poster on that "other" Saint's site. He's linked all 6 weeks. I'm not sure Mark would appreciate my linking anything to that site.

Week 1 and 2, Harper was in the red (not good) but weeks 3 thru 6 he was in the black (good). Porter has graded out badly and Greer is up and down. P-Rob has graded out very well over the last few weeks too.

Ohh another tidbit I found interesting... Cam Jordan and Junior Galette graded out best of our D-line (IIRC)
Danno is online now  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #27
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SACRAMENTO, CA
Posts: 210
Blog Entries: 7
HELL YEAH!! some1 needs to show these young bucks when and WHEN NOT to "take your shot." u can't jump every play cause they will use that against u, ask roman harper about that. plus we need a new tackling tutor cause for some reason these grown men somehow forgot how to do it!!!
SAINTstunna is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 1,999
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Ohh another tidbit I found interesting... Cam Jordan and Junior Galette graded out best of our D-line (IIRC)
I don't know anything about ProFootballFocus but did this take into account that Will Smith missed the first two games? (The fatty's in the middle of the Saints D-line do seem underwhelming.)
iceshack149 is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
ProFootballFocus is a PPV site (about $40.00 per year), and I got Defensive back snapshots from a poster on that "other" Saint's site. He's linked all 6 weeks. I'm not sure Mark would appreciate my linking anything to that site.

Week 1 and 2, Harper was in the red (not good) but weeks 3 thru 6 he was in the black (good). Porter has graded out badly and Greer is up and down. P-Rob has graded out very well over the last few weeks too.

Ohh another tidbit I found interesting... Cam Jordan and Junior Galette graded out best of our D-line (IIRC)

They are..Galette is hustling to the ball more than Smith....and Jordan is playing the run pretty good...thats a good sign..on another note when is Johnny Patrick coming back...he was showing promise as well...
strato is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #30
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,878
With Porter, Greer, Robinson, Harper, and Jenkins...I think those guys are studs. Harper is a hitter, not great in cover...but I think you need a guy like Harper and Jenkins at safety. Guys that will unload on the other guy when given a chance.

Where our LB'ers are at on the field makes a difference, too.

However, with all that said, I have gone down on record a long time ago as saying that consistent, fierce pressure on the QB all day long makes all-pros out of guys like the ones previously mentioned.
Saint_LB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/37345-would-you-trade-asante-samuel.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Would you trade for Asante Samuel? This thread Refback 10-18-2011 03:04 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts