Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

ESPN's Week 8 Power Rankings

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Euphoria As soon as the clowns start getting upset about where there team is ranked. Sometimes they have a valid argument. Or the writer of the article has clearly show his favorites. Essential Beastmode is so correct. ...

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,829
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
As soon as the clowns start getting upset about where there team is ranked. Sometimes they have a valid argument. Or the writer of the article has clearly show his favorites.

Essential Beastmode is so correct. Its just self gratification and weird to watch, lol.

"Grown Man Tackle Football" is about win championships. Don't care how you're ranked in some "power ranking" might as well be a power bottom, lol.
Its sort of like helping everyone feel better by giving them a trophy for participating...
I don't see that at all. I see an opinion piece which is no different than every other sportwiter's opinion about a team. Its simply a big picture opinion about all 32 teams. I just don't see why you'd think P-R's are any different than any other article.

Not one single article by any sportswriter means anything more or less than a ranking, so basically every article about every team is therfore ghey... right?

In fact, posting your opinion on a website is just as meaningless as P-R's, right?

Question... If the only thing that matters in "Grown Man Tackle Football" is winning the Superbowl, why would you watch any of the "Grown Man Tackle Football" games leading up to it?
Danno is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
xan
Professor Crab and
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,067
Blog Entries: 27
Danno wrote

Question... If the only thing that matters in "Grown Man Tackle Football" is winning the Superbowl, why would you watch any of the "Grown Man Tackle Football" games leading up to it?

I am not picking a fight here, I'm just very confused by this question.


Danno?
xan is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I don't see that at all. I see an opinion piece which is no different than every other sportwiter's opinion about a team. Its simply a big picture opinion about all 32 teams. I just don't see why you'd think P-R's are any different than any other article.

Not one single article by any sportswriter means anything more or less than a ranking, so basically every article about every team is therfore ghey... right?

In fact, posting your opinion on a website is just as meaningless as P-R's, right?

Question... If the only thing that matters in "Grown Man Tackle Football" is winning the Superbowl, why would you watch any of the "Grown Man Tackle Football" games leading up to it?
'ghey' is gay.

I never said anything about winning the super bowl I said winning championships and the game of football does matter that leads to winning the championships, division and what not.

Your record is the only thing that matters not your pool standings.

If it was a big picture kind of thing then KC would be over the Raiders? I mean if you want a pig picture of the 32 teams see it here: NFL Standings: Division

They want people to think the power rankings matter that's why they post them like "Week 8 Power rankings are out". It's silly really. Then everyone gets bent out of shape and has an argument while its wrong, when they really don't matter. They matter when the Super Bowl no longer exist and its the official BCS of the NFL.

I like your argument about the 'big picture' but there are wholes with it when they rank certain teams high than others that just beat them. Its not a big picture in that case.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,829
Originally Posted by xan View Post
Danno wrote




I am not picking a fight here, I'm just very confused by this question.


Danno?
Because if the ONLY thing that matters in "Grown Man Tackle Football" (most of us call it the NFL) is winning a championship, then logically the ONLY game that matters is the one that wins it, which is the Superbowl.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
WARNING THREAD JACK!


Rank this!

saintfan likes this.
strato is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,883
Of all the weekly articles regarding the NFL the power rankings are some of the most entertaining because they sum up a team with a one or two sentence punchline. I'm fine with it, some of them are funny or close to the truth but I just wish they'd call it something else. When I think of a power ranking I relate it to quantative data that's my only issue with it.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,570
Blog Entries: 5
foreverfan is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,240
Blog Entries: 5
Arguing about the validity of power rankings is ghey.
saintfan is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9
Power Rankings

Check out the latest NFC Power Rankings. Surprised at some of the playoff contenders...

NFC Power Rankings Week 8 : The XLog
DJB76 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,829
Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Arguing about the validity of power rankings is ghey.
Except no one's arguing validity.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/37541-espns-week-8-power-rankings.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
ESPN's Week 8 Power Rankings This thread Refback 10-25-2011 08:53 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts