Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

We are NOT elite

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Haps Biggest Fan Not a psychic but I've been watching football for a very long time. I did not see a Superbowl team on the field today. Its a long season still....lets see how it plays out.I ...

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Haps Biggest Fan View Post
Not a psychic but I've been watching football for a very long time.

I did not see a Superbowl team on the field today.

Its a long season still....lets see how it plays out.I saw a team that looked past the Rams...and Ram team that was fired up.
strato is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #32
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,616
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
You better add 2 DE's to that list of needs.

I pointed out they keep getting blocked out and can't contain for crap.

Sure enough Jackson's big gains... right at the DE's.

4th and 2... right at Smith. They are pussies.
I can't remember if this is the exact play you are talking about but I remember on one of Jackson's big gains, Smith had contain and which lead to Jackson cutting back inside and there was no LB or S help. I thought containment was fine... there was no inside/gap help.
papz is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #33
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by papz View Post
I can't remember if this is the exact play you are talking about but I remember on one of Jackson's big gains, Smith had contain and which lead to Jackson cutting back inside and there was no LB or S help. I thought containment was fine... there was no inside/gap help.

I think it is..and Vilma whiffed
strato is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #34
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,466
Blog Entries: 5
The year we won the super Bowl go back and look at those games even when we were down against teams we should have won... we found ways to win... example Redskins.

I haven't seen that with this team since the Super Bowl.

Its time for an over haul somewhere if not lets start rebuilding before we ride this pony into the ground.
Belair57 likes this.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #35
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,099
Originally Posted by papz View Post
I can't remember if this is the exact play you are talking about but I remember on one of Jackson's big gains, Smith had contain and which lead to Jackson cutting back inside and there was no LB or S help. I thought containment was fine... there was no inside/gap help.
Yep, Vilma whiffed on a pathetic ankle tackle. It was weak.

Our defense is designed to play with a lead, unfortunately we haven't come out of the blocks well for some reason.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,277
Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
You guys sound like a bunch of babies.


This team can still beat any team in the NFL.
Yeah when they don't read their press clippings and get full of themselves
Marlboro Man is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #37
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by strato View Post
Yeah ..but this one was on the offense...not the D.
Sorry Strato! You can't give up +30 and +150 on the ground to an 0-6 Rams team and put this one on the offense. There was enough stinky coming from every area of our play. I'm not surprised at all. We are poor in fundamentals and it will bite us in the ash again before we are done.
darstep is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #38
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The year we won the super Bowl go back and look at those games even when we were down against teams we should have won... we found ways to win... example Redskins.

I haven't seen that with this team since the Super Bowl.

Its time for an over haul somewhere if not lets start rebuilding before we ride this pony into the ground.

Yep and G.W was running the same D....better players perhaps?
strato is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #39
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,616
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Yep, Vilma whiffed on a pathetic ankle tackle. It was weak.

Our defense is designed to play with a lead, unfortunately we haven't come out of the blocks well for some reason.
I agree. I've felt for quite a while how weird it was that we come out so stagnant on offense. I'd like us to come out more uptempo and do a little more no huddle to kick start the offense.
papz is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #40
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by darstep View Post
Sorry Strato! You can't give up +30 and +150 on the ground to an 0-6 Rams team and put this one on the offense. There was enough stinky coming from every area of our play. I'm not surprised at all. We are poor in fundamentals and it will bite us in the ash again before we are done.

Oh yes you can...we get some points and all this mute ..sorry man aint buying it..we sucked on O...we didnt score till the 3rd quarter...gave up a pick six...come on..tell me we cant move the ball on the Rams....we looked past them...the D played well enough to win..they got the first points..Im not saying we are great on D...but we had plenty of 3 and outs..and so did our offense..I put this loss on Drew...and the O...all of em..
strato is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/37647-we-not-elite.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
We are NOT elite This thread Refback 10-30-2011 04:33 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts